The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 13:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2004, 11:55 
King for a day
King for a day

Vishnu wrote:
And then we all shall wait for Sepultura or Soulfly to make some TG cover... :green:
I suppose it will be "Shrink" or some distortionless song like it :green:

why not??haha!! :lol: :wink: 8) or we shall wait for Morbid Angel to make some TG cover... :wink: :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2004, 12:49 
King for a day
King for a day

KingOfCroco wrote:
Phibbie wrote:
Electricity wrote:
..."After era of computers and other electronic sh***y toys, The Gathering has decided to make full acoustic album with African tribal music. The band has also said that they try to find the roots of the whole mankind."...
/Metal Hammer, April 2005/

Sounds intriguing... but is that Polish metal hammer that wrote about electronic sh*tty toys? well, just a few months before they've written an article about how great the Souvenirs album is...

Phibbie, did you see the date ? April 2005 :D :D

oh my :D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2004, 14:55 
Third chance
Third chance

... Whatever it will be... It will be real tornado....

Post subject: woooaauu
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2004, 19:05 
Third chance
Third chance

I would like the album to be a mixture between 'The big Sleep', 'Black Light district' with some drops of 'sleepy buildings'.

It's sure I will buy it the first day comming out!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2004, 09:14 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I think one of the best things about the gathering is that we dont have to worry about a greedy record label forcing them to re-create a sucsessful album, or to stick with a coined sound.Bands like Lacuna Coil and Killswitch Engage are suffering this right now.Comalies, and The End of Heartache, both terrible, and both identical to there ground breaking previous albums,Unleashed Memories, and Alive or Just Breathing.Oh, and Rene is going to have a bigger influence on this one,ROCK!Souviners was definately Franks album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2004, 14:10 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hello all! :)

Sometimes I talk with the members in the pub where they live in Holland (Nijmegen to be exactly), and as a follower (I hate the word fan) and musician myself, I talked about their new ideas. They are very enthousiastic about it! It seems the new material will be more guitar orientated (also heavy guitars!) and even more groovy up-tempo, like 'Even the spirits'.. I hope I will get the chance to peep in their rehearsalroom one day (we practise in the same building!), and listen to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2004, 22:04 
Third chance
Third chance

Quote:
Sometimes I talk with the members in the pub where they live in Holland (Nijmegen to be exactly), and as a follower (I hate the word fan) and musician myself, I talked about their new ideas. They are very enthousiastic about it! It seems the new material will be more guitar orientated (also heavy guitars!) and even more groovy up-tempo, like 'Even the spirits'.. I hope I will get the chance to peep in their rehearsalroom one day (we practise in the same building!), and listen to it!

Wow, you are so lucky :oops:
I especially like the sound of something with more heavy guitars! But I know whatever they do next, it will be fantastic! :D

Post subject: Heavy guitars??
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2004, 17:25 
Third chance
Third chance

woauu! You're a very lucky person!!! :lol: I'd like to see them as near as you can once in my life!! jejej

TG is a group in constat evolution, and you can read in some interviews that the left the heavy sound, they prefer the word "triprock".
It's a bit strange coming back to heavy guitars, isn't?

So, I think the guitars will be like If_then_else or Blacklight District.

Otherwise, I'm sure the next album will be incredible. TG is a group that play music because they love music, and this is a very important point to release a good album as always they have done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2004, 20:20 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I would like to see, however, Mandylion 2. With the experience the group has now they can make the definetely album :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2004, 15:23 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hi all! Some people at the rehearsalroom who practise there also told me they heard some new ideas from Gathering! Strange enough it sounded much more heavier then expected! A lof of noise big guitars with looots of effects, more uptempo things, he said it was a strange combination of Mandylion and Souvenirs! We rehearse next week, hope I will hear/see a glimpse! Keep you posted! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2004, 17:22 
Traveller
Traveller

Bea wrote:
strange combination of Mandylion and Souvenirs!

that's impossible.... it's like to mix water and oil to fry or something... it' could be similar to one or similar to another one.... but combination... I don't think so....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2004, 13:56 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

On a new cd, there are two songs i'd just love so see remixed, edited, evolved, or something:

- Great Ocean Road
- Herbal Movement

And of course, a final album version of Zion :)

ahh... *dreams on* would be one helluva cd <3 =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2004, 17:52 
King for a day
King for a day

I'd love to see some really big riffs all looped sampled and distorted, the out-there experimentation of How To Measure.. and Souvenirs mixed with the glorious accessibility, chunky riffs and pop nous of If_then_else.

Basically Souvenirs with BIGGER riffs, more accessibility and more experimentation. Which kinda sounds like what they are doing by all accounts... cool! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2004, 18:08 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I think that the new album will be different like all the others...
Whatever my favourite kind of sounds are the ones in Souvenirs...But if they want heavy guitars...it's good anyway! :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2004, 23:12 
King for a day
King for a day

I'd be interested to know how many of us fans who visit this forum still like to listen to heavy guitars. As I see it, there's still plenty of interest in melodic, guitar-driven fairly heavy music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2004, 00:47 
Always
Always

i love to have dirty-strong-hard guitars like always and mandylion has............

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2004, 13:35 
King for a day
King for a day

Geoff Palmer wrote:
I'd be interested to know how many of us fans who visit this forum still like to listen to heavy guitars. As I see it, there's still plenty of interest in melodic, guitar-driven fairly heavy music.

I know i certainly do. For me If_Then_Else is TG at their most perfect, melding pop and heavy rock in an accessible but innovative way. I'd like more of that to be honest, the heavier riffs definately give TG that special unique touch that is missing from many similar bands these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2004, 17:12 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Just came back from the rehearsalroom, TG was rehearsing also! Very nice to meet them and drink a cup of coffee with them! Of course I wasn't in their rehearsalroom but when we listened at the door we heard a sort of (it sounds silly but there is no other comparison) Black Metal combined with funky strange electronics.. I don't know if they like my postings... I hope so... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 05:40 
Third chance
Third chance

interesting, now we have someone that can really tell us what will the next record sound like :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 23:55 
King for a day
King for a day

I think the word "interesting" is the one to describe next album

Edgar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next