The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 12:02 

Come on!! More questions!! :tw:

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 13:38 
Third chance
Third chance

Okay here it goes, 3 questions for you:

years ago, i think it was the end of 1998 i sent you a CD of my band and asking you if you would place a link to my band DasTarD on the Gathering page, you mailed me back saying that you liked the CD but that you didn't think it had anything to do with the Gathering, what i was wondering all the years was, what did you really think of it ?

On Eleanor (which is my favorite Gathering song) at exactly 03:16 you play doublebass but in between i hear you hitting the toms real fast, is that overdubbed or do you hit them between your ride-cymbal, because i listen to the song live last year in the Melkweg and you sort of played it like the cd but not exactly the same...

How the hell did you get that excellent drum sound on the Mandylion album ?

The 6PACK Party Page

Compu-Guard

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 13:43 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I think this was asked ages ago on the old board, and I don't think there was an offical answer, so I'll ask it again here;
What are the two bonus tracks at the beginning of BLD and Souvenirs called?
Also, are all the promo videos going to be on the upcoming DVD (or anywhere else for that matter)?
(sorry being greedy here :oops: ) going back to Aegis' post, still some songs that remain a mystery
Let's Float Forever
Next End Cottage
Solar Glider
Diep Triest

Cheers
Dom

Demo CD now for sale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 13:51 

years ago, i think it was the end of 1998 i sent you a CD of my band and asking you if you would place a link to my band DasTarD on the Gathering page, you mailed me back saying that you liked the CD but that you didn't think it had anything to do with the Gathering, what i was wondering all the years was, what did you really think of it ?

* We do not work with links to another bands. We would have 20 pages of links to satisfy everybody, that's why we don't do this. The CD, I send you a reply by mail back then. I will listen to it again and give you a PM.

On Eleanor (which is my favorite Gathering song) at exactly 03:16 you play doublebass but in between i hear you hitting the toms real fast, is that overdubbed or do you hit them between your ride-cymbal, because i listen to the song live last year in the Melkweg and you sort of played it like the cd but not exactly the same...

* Going to listen to it right now :)
Ehm, ow, that break!! Well, continue with double bassdrum and hit the toms 3 times. The trick is to continue with the bassdrum.

How the hell did you get that excellent drum sound on the Mandylion album ?

* Just from a Sonor Force 3000 with thin skins and a Firchie snaredrum recorded in a bathroom (really!) of Woodhouse. Looots of reverb on snare, and some on toms..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 13:56 

*BLD it has no name (or I forgot) on Souvenirs it is called Telson.

Also, are all the promo videos going to be on the upcoming DVD (or anywhere else for that matter)?

*These videoclips will be on our rock dvd, which will be recorded in 2006.

(sorry being greedy here ) going back to Aegis' post, still some songs that remain a mystery
Let's Float Forever

* Just a working title, no real song attached on this title anymore

Next End Cottage

* The same as above

Solar Glider

* Will appear on the Mexican/Oz release of Almost a dance as a bonus track. This song is an instrumental song recorded for the Mandylion sessions. Maybe we will use it as a b-side.

Diep Triest

* Project of Frank and Rene, not a song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 14:31 
Third chance
Third chance

Hans wrote:

*BLD it has no name (or I forgot) on Souvenirs it is called Telson.

Rene told me once it's called "Over You". :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 17:10 

Rene told me once it's called "Over You".

* That's correct! Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 17:39 
Third chance
Third chance

Ok, its not really about the past, but... will you still be releasing the semi-acoustic DVD being recorded in May by itself, or along with the rock DVD being recorded in 2006?

Also, I've heard there was a "Strange Machines" promo video... is that true or just a rumor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 18:20 

Ok, its not really about the past, but... will you still be releasing the semi-acoustic DVD being recorded in May by itself, or along with the rock DVD being recorded in 2006?

* We will release 2 boxes of DVD's. A semi acoustic DVD (release summer 2005), and a rock DVD, which will be released somewhere in 2006.

Also, I've heard there was a "Strange Machines" promo video... is that true or just a rumor?

* That is true and believe me, we will do everything not to release this one, due to the quality ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 18:48 
Traveller
Traveller

does exist two versions of the "Leaves" Video?

tell us about it!!!

why? and where can we see both videos!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 19:38 
Always
Always

Thanx VERY VERY much for spending time answering this stuff. It might be boring and somewhat meaningless to you, but it's a great deal to us :D

OK, 3 questions & 1 confirmation 8)

Quote:
Solar Glider

* Will appear on the Mexican/Oz release of Almost a dance as a bonus track. This song is an instrumental song recorded for the Mandylion sessions. Maybe we will use it as a b-side.

1) I have already come across "Almost A Dance" Digipak with that song. Are you going to release it as a b-side on a future regular (European / American) release, or only on this Mexican Edition?

2) Was there actually an official video for "When The Sun Hits", showing scenes from Paris or is it sham? And, where on earth can we find the "Strange Machines" video anyway? Whatever the quality... Just to have a look, and then we promise we won't say anything :green:

3) Where was each promo vid filmed? (whatever you remember :D ). Last May, after the Athens show, Rene told me that Liberty was shot in a space simulator in Amsterdam. :o

And finally: once, you said that "Leaves" contains a riff reminding of an Iron Maiden song. "Murders in The Rue Morgue" right?

Nemo ante mortem beatus

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 20:39 

Hans wrote:
Ok* That is true and believe me, we will do everything not to release this one, due to the quality ;)

ha come on!!! I can say it's a funny one and that Anneke's sweater was far too large for her :green: I find it cute!!

BTW thanx people for all those questions [and Hansie for the answers!!] I think i'll try to compile that to update the FAQs ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 21:09 
King for a day
King for a day

Hans wrote:

* That is true and believe me, we will do everything not to release this one, due to the quality ;)

hahaha,
come on, the sound/video quality is quite ok,
perhaps there are some minor quality problems with the choreography:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 21:44 
Third chance
Third chance

feedback wrote:
Hans wrote:

hahaha,
come on, the sound/video quality is quite ok,
perhaps there are some minor quality problems with the choreography:lol: :lol: :lol:

:) Now I wanna see it even more! :tw:

Post subject: Re: ok
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 23:16 
King for a day
King for a day

dastard wrote:

what an ear!! :o :o you really like that one...

http://www.myspace.com/shoeskillinworm

http://www.myspace.com/hamamusic

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2005, 23:19 
King for a day
King for a day

Hans wrote:
* Just from a Sonor Force 3000 with thin skins and a Firchie snaredrum recorded in a bathroom (really!) of Woodhouse. Looots of reverb on snare, and some on toms..

bathroom's reverb is the best natural reverb all over the world :green:
it's great to record voices and acoustic guitars also :flower:

http://www.myspace.com/shoeskillinworm

http://www.myspace.com/hamamusic

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2005, 11:34 

does exist two versions of the "Leaves" Video?

*No, there is only one Leaves videoclip. The song is also played and recorded live several times, and I think you mean the Metropool Orchestra version of Leaves. Yes there are images of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2005, 11:39 

1) I have already come across "Almost A Dance" Digipak with that song. Are you going to release it as a b-side on a future regular (European / American) release, or only on this Mexican Edition?

*Maybe in the future. It depends on how people like this song (no reaction from Mexico so far)..

2) Was there actually an official video for "When The Sun Hits", showing scenes from Paris or is it sham? And, where on earth can we find the "Strange Machines" video anyway? Whatever the quality... Just to have a look, and then we promise we won't say anything

*Don't know nothing about a video of When the sun hits. Conc. the strange machines videoclip, please ask people on this board!

3) Where was each promo vid filmed? (whatever you remember ). Last May, after the Athens show, Rene told me that Liberty was shot in a space simulator in Amsterdam.

*Most of our videos are shot in forests in brabant/Netherlands. Sometimes in an old fabric hall (strange machines), Liberty Bell is shot in a simulator in Den Haag, if I am correctly.

And finally: once, you said that "Leaves" contains a riff reminding of an Iron Maiden song. "Murders in The Rue Morgue" right?

*Did I? Well, with some imaginary, yes you can hear the Maiden riff ;o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2005, 11:52 
Third chance
Third chance

OK, here's a question that's special to me:

It seems that lately, you guys (or Rene in particular) have been playing a part from "Rescue Me" differently live.
I'm speaking of the monolithic riff right after the theremine solo, but before the last "wail" from the theremine is played and the song goes back to clean guitars.

On the CD, it's one of my favourite parts, but when I heard it live the last few times it always struck me as being played "wrong" (I know it's weird, but hey, I'm a fanatic!)

I wonder, have you guys forgotten, how it should be played (unlikely) or do you find it better the new way, or what's the deal with that riff?
Please, tell Rene to play it again like it's on CD... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2005, 12:00 
Always
Always

caleidoscope wrote:
OK, here's a question that's special to me:

It seems that lately, you guys (or Rene in particular) have been playing a part from "Rescue Me" differently live.
I'm speaking of the monolithic riff right after the theremine solo, but before the last "wail" from the theremine is played and the song goes back to clean guitars.

Personally i like it as it is in "Superheat", this part lasts longer ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next