The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 15:14 
King for a day
King for a day

True, true...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 15:23 
Third chance
Third chance

I am listening 'Sleepy Buildings' for the first time right now. My personal state is called 'bodun' in russian (a kind of post-alchohol supersensitivity) and so emotions are filling me so deep that I'm crying. I always thought live TG are better, and this album already became one of my favorite! :wink: Hope, someday I'll buy it

[dropped out for an hour from real world]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 17:21 
Third chance
Third chance

I just downloaded the entire album...but as my record shows ~ BLD : downloaded / bought ; Souvenirs : downloaded / bought ~ and I will do the same with this one.

I also download the new Tiamat ~ Prey album. I'm not sure if I'll actually buy this one though. After their last 2 pieces of sh!t that I paid for, I feel they owe me this one. ...then again ~ this one is pretty damn good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 19:04 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Well, any idea when this album will be available in the US? I'm also upset that you guy's won't be touring anywhere near me (Las Vegas, Nevada) but i understand that you can't go everywhere...sigh :cry:

the two samples you have from this new lp are amazing, and I really can't wait to be able to hear the entire thing...and a dvd of it would be amazing, but then again...can't have everything.

And yes, if i do find it somewhere to dl, i most definately will, but of course I'll buy the original like I have with every The Gathering lp i own (which is all of them)

Long Live The Gathering...you guys are amazing

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 21:05 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hum I guess this will sound sort of silly, but I don't know the exact date of SB album release, can anyone help me? Unfortunately here in Spain there's not much info about the band releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 21:10 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Burn:
I understand what you feel as not long ago I used to be unable to download albums from the Internet.
If you still would like to listen to the album before the official release, you can send me your postal address through a private message in the board and I will do my best to send it along to you, as I have it downloaded.
Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2004, 22:17 
King for a day
King for a day

:o :o :o

May I do so too? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 00:57 
King for a day
King for a day

Anyone who feels that it's unethical to download the entire album at this stage can always go to C.M.'s website and "officially" download Saturnine:

http://mp3.centurymedia.com/TheGathering_Saturnine_sleepybuildings.mp3

You won't have any regrets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 11:38 

jacob wrote:
After their last 2 pieces of sh!t that I paid for, I feel they owe me this one. ...then again ~ this one is pretty damn good...

:roll: when I read this I wonder how we came to this kind of conclusions... :roll:
Since when a band owes things to people?

killerdoll wrote:
Burn:
I understand what you feel as not long ago I used to be unable to download albums from the Internet.
If you still would like to listen to the album before the official release, you can send me your postal address through a private message in the board and I will do my best to send it along to you, as I have it downloaded.
Cheers!

It's not about this!!! I could download it in 30 minutes if I wanted!!!
The stuff I hate above all is that lots of people nowadays want everything instantly...
Don't you have the patience to wait for 3 weeks while you have waited for 6 months???

And sorry if my words are strong but what you propose is quite stupid for you don't know if after I got a copy from you I would buy the album or not...

Burn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 12:28 
Third chance
Third chance

libertybell wrote:
Well if CM did money with the poor DVD, they are going to make more with sleepy buildings.

But it´ll be their last one for CM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 13:09 
King for a day
King for a day

Luckily...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 14:11 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
And sorry if my words are strong but what you propose is quite stupid for you don't know if after I got a copy from you I would buy the album or not...

wow Burn thanx a lot. Very nice from you.
So I try to be kind to people and look what happens...

First of, I am quite sure you would buy the CD after listening to it because:
a) It's a great album
b) As you are a moderator in this phorum, I reckon you must be a "true" TG fan.

Anyway, if you buy or not the CD afterwards is not my bussiness, it would be your ethic problem, not mine. My conscience is absolutely calm as I don't play dirty with bands when it comes to downloading their albums.

OK, probably it wasn't my business either offering you the possibility of me sending a copy of the CD along to you, I was just trying to be nice as I misunderstood your words: I thought you wanted to download it but you were not able to.

And that's all, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 14:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
jacob wrote:
After their last 2 pieces of sh!t that I paid for, I feel they owe me this one. ...then again ~ this one is pretty damn good...

:roll: when I read this I wonder how we came to this kind of conclusions... :roll:
Since when a band owes things to people?

Let's say you go out to eat somewhere. The restaurant completely screws up everything and ruins the meal. Do you ask for a free meal? Most people would. A restaurant with your view would say in response: "No, you'll deal with what you got. We don't owe you anything. In fact, you still owe us for your meal. You didn't like it? That's too bad and all, but we're evolving and going in our own direction, and it's not our fault you don't like it, you still have to pay."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 14:52 

hey guys..calm down...it's no use to be hostal(i think that's the word) to eachother when we all are on the same side-we love tg and want to have the chance to listen everything that has to do with them-some have already listened to sleepy...some other haven't yet-but don;t argue..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 15:33 
King for a day
King for a day

A beer for Eliza 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 16:23 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
jacob wrote:

because I bought two of their albums that I'd have never bought had I heard them first, so technically they still owe me one more :wink: ...and I'm not even including Lucyfire...but that's all on Mr. Edlund

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 22:53 

@Jacob : most of CD shops do have listening points where you can listen to CDs of your choice... [Well at least here we have that possibility].
And the few time I bought an album and I thought "This band is fucking me off!" then I re-sold the CD... making the loss less important

@killerdoll: I meant no offense but sometimes I've heard of things that could have put the band in danger... that's why I'm against unreleased stuffs going thru post...
I also don't like the phrase "true" fan... actually I don't like the word "fan" ;)
I ain't fanatic! I'm a listener :)

Burn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 23:02 
Third chance
Third chance

im singning in the rain

(obviously its a sarcasm in a kubrick way :D )

i just far away want to float, behind those ethereal realms

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2004, 23:06 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
@Jacob : most of CD shops do have listening points where you can listen to CDs of your choice... [Well at least here we have that possibility].
And the few time I bought an album and I thought "This band is fucking me off!" then I re-sold the CD... making the loss less important

they do have those here too, but they don't ever have any Tiamat CDs (or anything else I ever want :x ). I've had to order them on line, and I just put faith in the band that they were good. I won't do that again. Now I can download them first to see if I actually like it. I'll want to have the official release CD in my collection if it's "worthy" ~ case and inserts and all ~ so if it's something I like, I'll buy it even if I've already downloaded the entire album, just to have an original copy in my collection. Plus I'll want the band to get money from it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2004, 02:15 
King for a day
King for a day

Peace Bros :) !

Edgar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next