The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 00:09 

The musical history is long sold out I think.. that's why it's not on the new eshop...
the band will probably not work with 4tune that much in the future btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 08:52 
Always
Always

Myron wrote:
I'm not going to pay 5 euros for You learn about it even though I don't have it in my collection. To get a radio edit it's just not worth it.

that's funny. I said exactly the same when it was release a few years ago... very "ridiculous" i was thinking ....

until the CD was in front of me. Unknown voices and forces pushed me to get it at any price... lol. However, in spite of the short edit YLAI version, this is a beautiful item (nice artwork) to get for any collection. And it's the cheapest ever. in any case, it's up to you...

nevertheless and today, i'm still very pleased i have mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 11:23 
Third chance
Third chance

roNdrigo wrote:
musicman wrote:
Very nice, but you don't take Visa or MasterCard

Paypal do, it's the same.

Do you have to sign up to PayPal (ugh), or do they have some kind of one-off payment system via credit card?

Post subject: Incorrect postage cost
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 11:34 
Third chance
Third chance

I wanted to find out how much postage I'd have to pay (international) for my order, and here's what it came up with:
Quote:
Sub-Total: 66.39EUR
Shipping with TNT Dutch Post (Registered Shipping): 3,234.00EUR
Total: 3,300.39EUR

I hope that's a mistake... Obviously I can't afford that!!

Edit: This was supposed to be droll humour; apologies if I offended anyone. :oops: (Note to self: use more smilies.)

Last edited by ozbird on 28 Apr 2007, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 15:29 
Traveller
Traveller

hoang wrote:
that's funny. I said exactly the same when it was release a few years ago... very "ridiculous" i was thinking ....

until the CD was in front of me. Unknown voices and forces pushed me to get it at any price... lol. However, in spite of the short edit YLAI version, this is a beautiful item (nice artwork) to get for any collection. And it's the cheapest ever. in any case, it's up to you...

:) That has happened to me too with some cd's. In the internet I can keep myself from buying such things but if I saw that cd in a record store and hold it in my hands a few seconds I'm quite sure I couldn't leave it there.

ozbird wrote:
Do you have to sign up to PayPal (ugh), or do they have some kind of one-off payment system via credit card?

It was very fast and easy with Paypal when I used it yesterday so I guess you don't have to sign up. I was happy to know some dutch in the Paypal site but when you choose your country the site goes to english (if you're not from the Netherlands). Maybe it's better :D

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 17:01 

ozbird wrote:
I wanted to find out how much postage I'd have to pay (international) for my order, and here's what it came up with:
Quote:
Sub-Total: 66.39EUR
Shipping with TNT Dutch Post (Registered Shipping): 3,234.00EUR
Total: 3,300.39EUR

I hope that's a mistake... Obviously I can't afford that!!

LOL sorry for the reaction but the amount is...well..noteworthy :green:

(obviously it is a mistake, you could travel to the Netherlands and buy the whole store with that load of money :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 17:31 

please for bugs use the contact form directly!!!
I'll dig into that absurd postage thing but the tell me (by email NOT PM) what you bought for which country etc... so I can recreate the situation and see where we have this bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 19:33 
King for a day
King for a day

@ ozbird
I managed finally to link Paypal directly to my bank account. It is not very popular here in Canada. Still easier to use Visa or MasterCard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 03:02 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

EPs/Singles pack.......is good to start to recover my collection.......

my sweet ex girlfriend keeps all my TG CDs.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 01:04 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
please for bugs use the contact form directly!!!

I sent a feedback message on the shop website as well. I posted it here as well because I found it amusing - apologies if that didn't come across in my post (I have a droll sense of humour.)

Quote:
I'll dig into that absurd postage thing but the tell me (by email NOT PM) what you bought for which country etc... so I can recreate the situation and see where we have this bug.

It looks like any order with postage to Australia (the only option is TNT Dutch Post) gets the same incorrect postage; I've sent another comment to the shop site in case my first didn't have enough information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 01:38 
Third chance
Third chance

I also had a problem with my order.. I sent a couple of messages using the form on the webshop a few days ago but got no replay yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 11:11 

hmm I didnt receive anything :S weird...
Did you select technical support as addressee?? I just tested it myself.. I receive the emails that are sent to the tech support...
Otherwise, it's sent to the Gathering... maybe that they are too busy at the moment to reply or even FW those emaisl to me...

Actually good thing, I'll try to have the emails sent directly to the right person depending on the subject chosen :)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 18:46 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
Did you select technical support as addressee?? I just tested it myself.. I receive the emails that are sent to the tech support...
Otherwise, it's sent to the Gathering... maybe that they are too busy at the moment to reply or even FW those emaisl to me...

Actually good thing, I'll try to have the emails sent directly to the right person depending on the subject chosen :)

Cheers!

Cool! I will re-send it to techical support! thanks for the help!! I Sent it to "the gathering shop"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007, 08:10 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
Cheers!

I sent my emails to "The Gathering Shop" under the "Orders and Shipping" category", which seemed the most appropriate. No responses yet, either.

I guess I could resend the messages to Tech. Support, but as the postage seems to be wrong for any order to Australia it shouldn't be too hard to trace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007, 21:06 

I just checked try ing to send a fake oprder to australia for myself... one shirt, postage registered shows 14 EUR which seems normal to me...
But as I mentione dbefore, please use the contact form and be precise

- what you were trying to buy?
- where to ship it
- OS and browser

Post subject: Missing items in shop
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 11:14 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I was just about to go shop for Mandylion remastered when I found the new shop. :) What are the chances/timeframes for seeing non-Psychonaut items in the store? Is the 4tune shop the only long-term option for getting them, and does the band still profit from sales on 4tune?

(In other words should I wait or buy now) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007, 20:14 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
But as I mentione dbefore, please use the contact form and be precise

- what you were trying to buy?
- where to ship it
- OS and browser

Done (to Technical Support this time.)

Update: Burn discovered that the culprit was the EP/Singles Pack, which apparently was causing the postage to be calculated for 650kg, not 650g. Thanks! :-)

The postage amount is now 22.75EUR, which appears to be the minimum amount - ouch, but correct for registered shipping based on other sites (e.g. nwshop.fi)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 12:51 
Third chance
Third chance

musicman wrote:
@ ozbird
I managed finally to link Paypal directly to my bank account. It is not very popular here in Canada. Still easier to use Visa or MasterCard.

Thanks musicman; it wasn't too painful, and I just ignored the offer to sign up for PayPal.

Important: when your payment has been processed with PayPal, and you have viewed your receipt etc. make sure you click on the "Return to Merchant" link at the bottom of the page! If you don't, the order won't be completed correctly. :oops:

I closed it without thinking, but hadn't closed the browser so I was able to return to the PayPal page in the history and complete the order successfully. (It doesn't appear to have charged my credit card twice, which is fortunate.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 May 2007, 16:06 
Traveller
Traveller

ozbird wrote:
Important: when your payment has been processed with PayPal, and you have viewed your receipt etc. make sure you click on the "Return to Merchant" link at the bottom of the page! If you don't, the order won't be completed correctly. :oops:

:o I hope I did that... What happens if you don't do that? They don't charge you or you don't get the product?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007, 09:24 

We had a few orders for which we have a paypal payment but no order in our system, if you noticed after ordering your cart was still full, please contact us VIA the webshop form!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next