The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 18:25 
Third chance
Third chance

I'm very surprised that Anneke wouldn't want to play with The Gathering at all. That's definitely the most surprising thing to come out of Hans' post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 19:15 

Quote:
Did you end in good terms with her? I mean, did Anneke's departure affect the band's relationship with her? Are you angry with her or something? Because in the video of the press conference, when you said that Anneke didn't want to make music anymore with you and that it was kinda harsh, there was an expression in your face of...don't know if abit of anger, or dissapointment maybe, that gave me the impression that there is some tension between both sides. Maybe I'm wrong

It's impossible this happening is not affecting our relationship, professionally, but also as friends. I am still suprised and yes, even dissapointed. That's all I want to say at this moment.

Quote:
i'm curious as to whether Anneke's aforementioned "rush" to leave will cause the last few shows to be all the more embraced and cherished (meaning the magic that we always get live will be amplified) or whether it will cause tension with the music on stage.

Furthermore (i dont want to get to into your personal lives, but) how is the relationship with the band and Anneke off-stage?

No, we are professional enough to give a good show, but I can't promise any magic. We will try to do our best.

We are just trying to have a good time. But everything is different now. This is, of course understandable, but on the other hand I find it rather strange. It's fine to play live, even now, but I am eagerly looking forward to make music in a healthy, enthousiastic band.

Quote:
If it's not too sensitive of a question, I'm kind of curious when exactly it was that Anneke said that she wanted to leave the band? I know the announcement was made on June 5th, but it sounds like maybe the decision was made a long time ago? Was it right after her son was born?

Maybe. Who know she wanted to quit already around this period?
The 2 times we spoke about it was febr. this year and march 2006.

Ok people. From this moment on I will only answer questions about the upcoming future. I don't want to become sentimental nor bitter. This is really all I want to say, right now. It's the new album which counts right now!

Cheers, Hans

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 20:04 
Always
Always

Great Hans!

I agree with you!

Let's think about the wonderful The Gathering's future from now on!

From my point of view, thanks to Hans' latest aswers/clarifications, the situation is pretty clear!

From this moment on, I'm really looking forward to share with you, as a fan, your step-by-step new professional 'path' and beautiful 'music times'.

da domande inutili....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 20:15 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Guys, sorry for saying this, I can understand it's very difficult for a true fan to understand, but it's not of our business to know it all. IMHO you guys are giving Hans a hard time, asking for details.

I can imagine when you come to a band in your early twenties and the band goes like it went, that after thirteen years of hard work, jetlag, interviews and heavy gigs, you just wanna live your life in a different way, being a mum and so. Traveling around the world as a band is far from having a vacation, it's really hard.

We must respect Anneke's decision and thank her for the great contribution she had to The Gathering, for everything she did.

I personally hope the band will continue to make great music and actually I trust they will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 20:33 
Third chance
Third chance

Location: Next door to that other neighbor of yours who always gives strange looks but never says anything...
Hmm yeah that's very true, Han. :(
I kinda had a feeling that maybe I was being too nosey asking a question about this topic; I am naturally a very curious person and tend to ask alot of questions til things are clear to me... but maybe I gotta work on when it's approporate to ask stuff.
Anyway I didn't mean to stir up any bitter feelings- I understand what's going on, and I'm looking forward to an interesting future as much as anyone else :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 23:36 

ok! how does the audition go so far? :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 01:52 
King for a day
King for a day

One more questions -about the future-

Has the band ever thinked about doing more intrumental song in the way of "Theme of the cyclist" or "Beautiful war"???

I love that kind of TG songs, really cinematic (I know, the first one was for a movie :P), and I have been always courios to know why the band hasnt exploited this more.

Regards

-->Gerardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 08:55 
Third chance
Third chance

Hi Hans, thanks for answering those questions. You are one of the very less musicians I know who keeps in contact with the fans that close. I'm sure that's one of the reasons your fans are so dedicated!

But I'm very curious about the upcomming DVD; how is the work on the DVD going? Are you happy with the quality of the material you got from the gig in Chile? I mean, saw some snippets on YouTube and the crowd were going apeshit :o . Looking forward to the result, is it possible there will be a limited package again like with ASR?

Thanks!

Last edited by Snafje on 01 Jul 2007, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 14:41 
Third chance
Third chance

Snafje wrote:
Hi Hans, thanks for answering those questions. You are one of the very less musicians I know who keeps in contact with the fans that close. I'm sure that's one of the reasons you're fans are so dedicated!

But I'm very curious about the upcomming DVD; how is the work on the DVD going? Are you happy with the quality of the material you got from the gig in Chile? I mean, saw some snippets on YouTube and the crowd were going apeshit :o . Looking forward to the result, is it possible there will be a limited package again like with ASR?

Thanks!

never seen fans that crazy in my life. jesus chile! Hans, im sure that must be one of your favourite places to go (besides Toronto of course :P)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 14:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Will Marjolein sing something on the new album?? she's got a very pretty voice

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 15:32 
Always
Always

Han wrote:
Guys, sorry for saying this, I can understand it's very difficult for a true fan to understand, but it's not of our business to know it all. IMHO you guys are giving Hans a hard time, asking for details.........

"The fight is done
And who are we
To judge what will become"

(from Waking Hour)

:flower:

da domande inutili....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 20:48 
Always
Always

+ 1

well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 00:45 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
Simply put; there was a Gathering before Anneke, and there’s a Gathering after Anneke

Just to back this statement up; here´s the very first line-up of The Gathering back in 1989, taken at a concert in the Willem II (Den Bosch). Spot the difference... :wink:

From left to right, it´s Marin (a friend of Hans who actually never did get to play a note in TG), René, Hans and my humble self...

The quality of the picture is pretty crappy but I thought you might like this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 00:47 
King for a day
King for a day

smart_bits wrote:
Quote:
Simply put; there was a Gathering before Anneke, and there’s a Gathering after Anneke

Just to back this statement up; here´s the very first line-up of The Gathering back in 1989, taken at a concert in the Willem II (Den Bosch). Spot the difference... :wink:

From left to right, it´s Marin (a friend of Hans who actually never did get to play a note in TG), René, Hans and my humble self...

wow, thanks for share it :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 01:45 
Third chance
Third chance

Location: Next door to that other neighbor of yours who always gives strange looks but never says anything...
That's awesome- René has sort of a Def Leppard look going on there :P

Reminds me a bit of when I was about 8 or 9 years old, when my best friend's brother first introduced me to metal... back in the 80's :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 05:38 
Traveller
Traveller

Thanks again for answering questions Hans!

How are the auditions going so far? I was wondering what kind of people are auditioning. Regular singers who want to make great music or are there also TG fans auditioning?

*wishes she could sing* :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 07:11 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

smart_bits wrote:
Quote:

Sure this isn't Iron Maiden? From left to right I see Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Paul Di'Anno and Steve Harris :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 07:35 
Always
Always

J Ray wrote:
That's awesome- René has sort of a Def Leppard look going on there :P

Reminds me a bit of when I was about 8 or 9 years old, when my best friend's brother first introduced me to metal... back in the 80's :D

Muahuhauhaz! René also seem to have the same haircut of Madonna in the videos Hung Up and Sorry! :flower:

Wonderful The Gathering! :flower:

da domande inutili....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 08:30 

Quote:
ok! how does the audition go so far?

We have recieved 120 demo's already. We are just listening, and listening again. A lot of females, some males. But I heard some very promising voices. I am sure we will work it out. We also starting rehearsing some new songs. It's quite exciting! It feels like we have the freedom to do whatever we want.

Yes, a lot of gathering fans also.

Last edited by Hans on 02 Jul 2007, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2007, 08:32 

Quote:
Has the band ever thinked about doing more intrumental song in the way of "Theme of the cyclist" or "Beautiful war"???

We did the soundtrack for The Quiet Ones, of course. And there's some instrumental stuff on the History CD as well. Yes, it is possible we will end up with some instrumentals on our new album. Who knows?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next