The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:25

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: new music without Anneke
PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 22:24 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

...it is shame; why wont you start new music without Anneke. From last weeks we jus see ...Anneke ASSOCIATIONS...i would like to see the gathering with new "man face". Come on..."foo fighters" growes up...music is better and better...what is with you. Anneke is ..out. I am waiting for NEW things..not new DVD with Anneke; why wont you start new music without Anneke.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 22:58 
Third chance
Third chance

If I were a mod, I would ban you HAHA !! No seriously, that's too silly for me... :-|

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 11:43 

that's nice 1st post to be honest...

@Kristov: you probably don't follow the band that much cause since A Sound Relief DVD was out, everyone knew there would be a Noise Severe DVD that would follow..
Ok since we had a good surprise: it will also be a live CD
and a bad one: Anneke chose to leave the band.

And while Anneke had already been busy making demo and all that shit which allows her to switch quickly from the Gathering to her new project, the Gathering didnt really have much time to look for someone who can integrate the band nicely + they have this promo to run for their new DVD...

So patience, and dont worry, the Gathering look forward, eyes pointing at their future, not their past!

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 03:50 
Third chance
Third chance

And besides this dvd was filmed and prepared before Anneke's departure. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't release such a great concert just because she is out.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 00:34 
Traveller
Traveller

Burn wrote:
...So patience, and dont worry, the Gathering look forward, eyes pointing at their future, not their past!

mmm... I think that is relative.... maybe TG must see arround in their past in order to get a good future...

TG with anneke did an extremely pop and simple music during latest years, with the known "experimental" excuse... TG caught a lot of new fans with that maybe... but this made lose their own roots and it was a bit sad..

TG was just anneke with a nice guys playing behind her in the last two albums.... that could be great for many people.. but I'd like to hear TG as a band... not as a person... anneke is a great artist, nobody can deny that, and according to her musical tastes, she helped to TG to move away from their roots.. and again.. that was very good for new fans, and a bit weird and sad for most of former fans (most of them are not in this forum anymore of course)...

because of all that things, I think that worst mistake would be to continue with the style from bld on... anneke will do that in her new project... TG must do the music with which they became well known around the world, even in so distant countries as mine...

let anneke continue with her music, we're gonna listen to many souvenirs and homes with her new band... and indeed TG must move away from that now...

I like too much the anneke's work with the band, specially first part.... Mandylion is one of my favorites albums ever.. and I'm not talking about of the TG albums only, but about all of my favorite bands...

but, nevertheless... I was pleased about anneke's leaving, because it means the finish of a road... a road that I didn't like in its last part.. and at the same time, it means the beginning of something, I don't know what really... but I hope something important to TG

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 08:39 
Always
Always

all of these analysis are annoying.

Come on, we already read this so many time.

we listen to music from a band... then we like it or we do not.

then that's it... I don't know why there should be a reason for all.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2007, 23:22 
Third chance
Third chance

hoang wrote:
all of these analysis are annoying.

Come on, we already read this so many time.

we listen to music from a band... then we like it or we do not.

then that's it... I don't know why there should be a reason for all.
And besides, I think it is pure speculation. Of course Anneke influenced the band but to say that she changed it into something the others didn't like, is just CRAZY!

I think the next album will be even more experimental... :wink:

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 12:44 
Always
Always

maybe.

I prefer not to say anything about the album.

only waiting...

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 20:21 
Third chance
Third chance

Coyote wrote:
TG with anneke did an extremely pop and simple music

HAHAHA priceless!

Oh, and if you're expecting a "return to the origins" metal album, boy, you're really in for a surprise!
You'll be disapointed... again!

Quote: "bullshit"

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 01:15 

*OUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG*
sorry was trying to picture TG with some grunts again :lol:

I think people who believe that TG will turn back to metal are having illusions...
The band said already they think the next album will be heavy... but "what is heavy?"... [I'm quoting Hans here].. "Godspeed You Black Emperor is also heavy" [he's damn right ;)]
heavy doesnt mean walls of guitars...

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 08:28 
Traveller
Traveller

About the new the Gathering project. I'll give it a try, although I'm not expecting anything remarkable. -insert surprise factor here-
@Coyote: you're killing us man, you have already made your point, don't need to fuckin' flood the forum with the same old neverending speech over and over again. Stop it goddammit. (wn ctm)
I'm gonna set on fire all my cd's. All great metal bands tend to become sissy get over it.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 11:37 
King for a day
King for a day

tenebris wrote:
All great metal bands tend to become sissy get over it.

:lol:

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 20:57 
Traveller
Traveller

tenebris wrote:
About the new the Gathering project. I'll give it a try, although I'm not expecting anything remarkable. -insert surprise factor here-
@Coyote: you're killing us man, you have already made your point, don't need to fuckin' flood the forum with the same old neverending speech over and over again. Stop it goddammit. (wn ctm)
I'm gonna set on fire all my cd's. All great metal bands tend to become sissy get over it.

naaah you little girl... you love justin timberlake... don't say me what is correct... 8)

haha.... well...

I know people here loves TG and stuff and if they do polka music maybe all of you will be excited or something... and sorry but... my opinion is not the same and this is democratic forum I think...

I love TG too... but obviously I prefer their 90s work including anneke's first albums...as I said, mandylion is the best album of the band... I knew them in those times and I became in a big fan because of their way to make music...but they changed.. and don't talk about evolution... because there's not evolution, it's an ordinary change... when something grow up and it's better, you have an evolution... the new TG music is not better than previuos one.. it's just different, so where is evoltion my friends???..... whatever

I'm not talking about to return to always (a cult album btw)... but I'd not like to see two clone bands... anneke will continue with same style of bld, souvenirs and home, that for sure... what about TG???

well... all this is an opportunity.... TG know how to make great music... they did in 90s... and well... to look behind in order to make new incredible things would be an option in this case...why this might not be considered??? .. I know most of you love anneke but she is not in TG anymore.. the good news is that you can follow her and to hear more of her style...

I'm thinking about TG... just that... I trust in rutten bros. & company yet about their music capacities... (well maybe not in majorlein too much (hugo where are you.. :) ) in spite of latest years.... they were able to make a great music during years.... I know they can do that again...

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 23:14 
Third chance
Third chance

Coyote wrote:

I love TG too... but obviously I prefer their 90s work including anneke's first albums...as I said, mandylion is the best album of the band... I knew them in those times and I became in a big fan because of their way to make music...but they changed.. and don't talk about evolution... because there's not evolution, it's an ordinary change... when something grow up and it's better, you have an evolution... the new TG music is not better than previuos one.. it's just different, so where is evoltion my friends???..... whatever

That's not a FACT.. It's your opinion.... My favorite TG album is Souvenirs... and I think every album that came out after Nighttime birds is better than Mandylion... so, TO ME, they evolved.. Might not be evolution for you, but it certainly is for me... So, don't state that as a fact...

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 01:06 
Traveller
Traveller

Im not gonna get into this one. The only thing I would like to say is that you would be a real idiot to label TG as simple pop. And talk about evolution?? If you look at the musical compositons of the recent albums and compare them to the first three, oh my god, its evolultion my friend....and the lyrics on BLD, Home and Souvenirs, evolution, evolution, evolution!!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 01:27 
Traveller
Traveller

And the winner of "the most needlessly wordy and repetitive in expression idiot" is...

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 02:40 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

coyote always with the same speech.... :-?

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 01:15 
Traveller
Traveller

Coyote wrote:
Burn wrote:
...So patience, and dont worry, the Gathering look forward, eyes pointing at their future, not their past!

mmm... I think that is relative.... maybe TG must see arround in their past in order to get a good future...

TG with anneke did an extremely pop and simple music during latest years, with the known "experimental" excuse... TG caught a lot of new fans with that maybe... but this made lose their own roots and it was a bit sad..

TG was just anneke with a nice guys playing behind her in the last two albums.... that could be great for many people.. but I'd like to hear TG as a band... not as a person... anneke is a great artist, nobody can deny that, and according to her musical tastes, she helped to TG to move away from their roots.. and again.. that was very good for new fans, and a bit weird and sad for most of former fans (most of them are not in this forum anymore of course)...

because of all that things, I think that worst mistake would be to continue with the style from bld on... anneke will do that in her new project... TG must do the music with which they became well known around the world, even in so distant countries as mine...

let anneke continue with her music, we're gonna listen to many souvenirs and homes with her new band... and indeed TG must move away from that now...

I like too much the anneke's work with the band, specially first part.... Mandylion is one of my favorites albums ever.. and I'm not talking about of the TG albums only, but about all of my favorite bands...

but, nevertheless... I was pleased about anneke's leaving, because it means the finish of a road... a road that I didn't like in its last part.. and at the same time, it means the beginning of something, I don't know what really... but I hope something important to TG
I would disagree with you. I'm not a huge fan of Home, i think is a nice collage of the past albums a bit messy like 'if then else' but i think souvenirs was very inspired and there are a lot of different influences in that album from IDM, kraut and shoegaze. I also think that she isn't extremly brilliant on Home and the melodies are really weak, this is my personal opinion and i'm not criticizing anyone but i just think Home is a boring album with nothing exciting. Souvenirs was different as HTMAP? was different while if then else and home are like transition albums, (basically when you take the outtakes of the previous ones, clean it a bit and make it sound fresher) and i'm glad something is gonna change the band again, it is a real shame that thing is gonna be Anneke's departure but maybe is the best thing for everyone. Also, BLD was a more post-rockish very God speed you black emperor influenced EP (the instrumental track) and it took the band to a great album, which is souvenirs. Mandylion and nighttime birds time is over, i'm afraid and i don't think would be of any interest for anyone that TG would decide to go back to play that sort of music. I'm sorry to disappoint you but Air is very far from being a new Home or Souvenirs, she played alone with her band and it is not the same thing, you can check it out on you tube.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 07:53 
Always
Always

BLD doesn't sound that post rock to me, i mean like the Godspeed incident.

it's a long track ... 16 min is a standard size for post rock stuffs, but the comparison is over then. the sounds and crescendos are far different.

i think "HTMAP?" song fits more to post rock style, except it's not so post rock too... same for "We just Stopped Breathing" and shoegaze elements.

I keep thinking TG sounds different and unique, thanx to their great experimental "excuse", and although current and massive post rock bands

being sometimes a post rock addict, TG has never been a post rock band to me. TG has never sounded like others. it's still difficult to categorize them.
the reason why i estimate them more than any (mmmm... except Pearl Jam)

okay, i know, everyone's opinion is different cause everyone is different.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 15:30 
King for a day
King for a day

+1!

I think the same... even for Pearl Jam too. :green:
In fact, I like the song "HTMAP?"... I love this album, so many remembers... :P

This topic comes stupid! If you live with this music, don't have to say if they sound "stoner rock" or "easy listening"... I don't f*cking care!