The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 15:57 
Traveller
Traveller

I like the song HTMP a lot, only the first 7 minutes offcourse, I think it would have been an accelent opener for the album...

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 16:07 
King for a day
King for a day

I don't think so... I love when Anneke goes crescendo on this song! :P (the instruments with her voice goes well at this moment)
Maybe it's too longer...

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2007, 17:10 
King for a day
King for a day

The Unknown wrote:
I like the song HTMP a lot, only the first 7 minutes offcourse, I think it would have been an accelent opener for the album...

Yes, well, that album got "rearranged", as I understand it. Which takes us back into an old debate about Century Media - and I don't want to go there.

As for all the debate about "pop" in this thread, let's call it "dark pop" - that was Anneke's own term at one time, and perhaps it's where she's going at the moment. As for TG, with a new singer or singers, who knows? I'd like to suggest that perhaps Interpol are going to be a strong influence - but that's just a guess.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 00:14 
Traveller
Traveller

hoang wrote:
BLD doesn't sound that post rock to me, i mean like the Godspeed incident.

it's a long track ... 16 min is a standard size for post rock stuffs, but the comparison is over then. the sounds and crescendos are far different.

i think "HTMAP?" song fits more to post rock style, except it's not so post rock too... same for "We just Stopped Breathing" and shoegaze elements.

I keep thinking TG sounds different and unique, thanx to their great experimental "excuse", and although current and massive post rock bands

being sometimes a post rock addict, TG has never been a post rock band to me. TG has never sounded like others. it's still difficult to categorize them.
the reason why i estimate them more than any (mmmm... except Pearl Jam)

okay, i know, everyone's opinion is different cause everyone is different.

You are misquoting me. i talked about post-rockISH influences and i never said the gathering ARE post-rock which is a very different sentence, innit?
I think the gathering always addes their own style to the different influences they have on every different album.
I think HTMP is a jem, there is everything from shoetronica and stereolab influenced tracks like south american ghost ride and the big sleep to more s
The end of broken glass is really shoegaze if they would have recorded with the vocals more at the back would have been a really shoegazy track.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 01:10 

bah I think BLD sounds very post rockish to me... even tho it goes harder than most post rock band.. BTW my new heroes of the genre are Swedish EF :) they truly rule!! ;)

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 10:39 
Always
Always

@washer:

i didn't misquote you at all. don't know why you or other persons should feel concerned directly by my messages. ... taking it bad and so on...

i just gave my personal point of view about The Gathering and post rock stuffs. i must have something like 100 different post rock albums. so i think i know what post rock is today.
my message wasn't addressed to you personally. sorry.

a lot of people listen to this style too. i'm not the only one.

no criticizing.just writing.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 11:08 

dunno explosion.. that much and didnt work with EF neither... Just like them a lot ;)

back on Gathering music expectation, to be really honest I can only expect something beautiful... But which direction will they take remains a mystery to me. They never ended up where I expected to so now I just say wait and see, knowing that it can't be bad at all anyway ;)

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 11:11 
Always
Always

no problem Burn.

i edited my message before you posted yours because i thought i was off topic.

then and after all, i understand your point

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2007, 14:56 
Traveller
Traveller

Find that The Gathering is dependent on Anneke is up to a view that one can understand. But all who follow the evolution of the band note that the TG is really a group, which now who will support all compositions of the TG will be Renne and Hans undoubtedly two magnificent minds!
The last of TG ... Yes it is very valuable. Mandylion for me is an album full of classics that even today when played live like everyone.
And this happens to the rest of the discography ... All have a different theme and follow a different line. It is very difficult to find many similarities between them. Each has a fascinating feature.
And very confident in the will to face, is something that we take back to the past or the future. What comes will be very well done, The Gathering is still The Gathering

Adrenaline away!! :)
Visit. Fan Blog:
http://www.adrenalinethegathering.blogspot.com