forum
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New CD in 2008
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 20:31 
Third chance
Third chance

i heard from a friend:

Continues Rutten: "In other news, we are currently working on a DVD release, which we shall recorded in Santiago, Chile on March 24th, 2007 at the 4,000-capacity theatre Teatro Caupolicán. It will be a heavy, rock-orientated DVD called 'A Noise Severe', a sort of the 'Yang' from 'A Sound Relief' (which was the 'Ying') What a spiritual nonsense!

"We will also start working on a new CD this spring and hopefully we will release it somewhere in 2008. We keep on touring and promoting our latest album 'Home' in 2007. We're a busy band!"

source: ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 11:24 
Always
Always

Anneke told us in Salonica that they will take a break till the next album...and now they are preparing a new album for 2008! :o

I think the return to their Home changed their future plans!

Let's hope it will be different from Souvenirs and Home...I hope they continue in a more jazzy/fuzzion approach which fits their music perfectly!They have a 2minute part in their concert - I think it was in Monsters! :-? Also Anneke's voice is perfect fit for something like that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 12:17 
Always
Always

Prowler213 wrote:
Let's hope it will be different from Souvenirs and Home...I hope they continue in a more jazzy/fuzzion approach which fits their music perfectly! :D

yeah, okay jazzy/fusion structures in the new material... but not too much.

personnally, this time i expect something more lively than "Home" ...
not metal, just moving music ...

also something shoegazing, dreamy, tripping out of time... with surprising and flaming crescendos/ decrescendos arrangements.... (like post rock lol)

i keep in mind the pop rock orientation....

but nothing's done yet...and let the free inspiration to the band...

live and learn

firstly, A Noise Severe DVD.... yeahhh!!!! \m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 13:46 
Always
Always

hoang wrote:
Prowler213 wrote:
Let's hope it will be different from Souvenirs and Home...I hope they continue in a more jazzy/fuzzion approach which fits their music perfectly! :D

yeah, okay jazzy/fusion structures in the new material... but not too much.

personnally, this time i expect something more lively than "Home" ...
not metal, just moving music ...

also something shoegazing, dreamy, tripping out of time... with surprising and flaming crescendos/ decrescendos arrangements.... (like post rock lol)

i keep in mind the pop rock orientation....

but nothing's done yet...and let the free inspiration to the band...

live and learn

firstly, A Noise Severe DVD.... yeahhh!!!! \m/

I do really want to see them achieve all the things you mentioned....they can and they are able to make us feel their turning once again - they have done it twice PERFECTLY in 1998 and 2003! :D

I hope they wont cut the recordings for the DVD as they did in the Sound Relief... and I really hope they will have ONLY powerfull songs, so we will have the chance to listen to stuff they don't play in their recent tours = Sand And Mercury, Adrenaline, Rollercoaster and many more!

But the album will be a turning point for their future... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:35 
Third chance
Third chance

Wow they're working on a new album already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 20:14 
Always
Always

Prowler213 wrote:
I do really want to see them achieve all the things you mentioned....they can and they are able to make us feel their turning once again - they have done it twice PERFECTLY in 1998 and 2003! :D
But the album will be a turning point for their future...

so that's cool.
i agree : 1998 and 2003 were two most significant years i noticed in their evolution. I'd add "2002" in the set... with Black Light District EP release. the song itself (70% of the EP) is unique from many points (lenght, structure, sounding, issue...etc) yes, to me it is as unique as HTMAP? and Souvenirs.
i remember got lost the first time i listened to this song.
but this is not an album... so... i agree for 1998 and 2003

2008? a big turning point year? we dont know yet. Hopefully, i think it has too. but all is up to the band ; ) ... let's cross our fingers

Home was the first Marjolein true involving with the band for a studio album... sure she may bring more ideas in the new material. also, different project experiences the members had with other artists (since Home release) can be refreshing... some greatest source of music inspiration in a way too.

so some precursors to a new turning point.

Prowler213 wrote:

I hope they wont cut the recordings for the DVD as they did in the Sound Relief... and I really hope they will have ONLY powerfull songs, so we will have the chance to listen to stuff they don't play in their recent tours = Sand And Mercury, Adrenaline, Rollercoaster and many more!

agree too. i like full lenght concerts DVD... without cuts even without visual animations...
this is the best way to catch the whole and realistic gig atmosphere.
What i reproached for ASR DVD (not the gig itself) were the mixing, the animations but also some lack of interactivity between the band and the audience... on the other hand, the songs were mellow and slow too so...

TG songs and gigs can be extremely lively... energic ... you know this... so i hope A Noise Severe DVD will consider this point. Like the other side of a mirror (the yang as they said), it has to bring music power, fever,and madness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 09:34 
Always
Always

@hoang: I agree - again - with you and I do really believe that their next full length album will be a turning point in their career because they will have different audience to present their music...I think that they will understand that metal audience will never bring them on the top they surely deserve...they prefer resurrections as Paradise Lost's deja vu, remaining loyal to their sound bands as My Dying Bride or even follow bands as Lacuna Coil or Within Temptation... The Gathering has nothing to do NOW with all these in my opinion!

I hope they confirm to play in non metal audience as a support to a major act as Massive Attack!

That's my opinion...and I was expecting Souvenirs to be their awesome album since they had revealed their probs with CM and moreover the birth of their own label! Souvenirs was more than an album...but a trademark to music: trip rock! Now I do really believe that they will move on and create something totally unique...I believe it even more than in 1999!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 18:06 
Traveller
Traveller

Nice to have something to look forward to :D The new cd was a nice surprise, I though there won't be anything new until like 2009 :o
The dvd party is a nice idea :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 07:32 
King for a day
King for a day

will the new cd be a live cd? I read an interview were Hans said there's no studio album scheduled yet...

sorry if I am wrong :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2007, 19:53 
Third chance
Third chance

Ruben wrote:
will the new cd be a live cd? I read an interview were Hans said there's no studio album scheduled yet...

I assume it would be a studio album; if it was a live album (e.g. Chile), why wait until 2008 to release it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 17:31 
King for a day
King for a day

ozbird wrote:
Ruben wrote:

I assume it would be a studio album; if it was a live album (e.g. Chile), why wait until 2008 to release it?

The studio album is supposed to be recorded later this year.
There is "probably" going to be a CD of the Chile concert to go along with the DVD. Not all the songs from the show will be on the DVD. The songs left off the DVD are going to be on the live CD, plus other songs from the DVD will be on the CD. I think that's pretty much what Frank said to us in Seattle before that gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 19:09 
Third chance
Third chance

BridgeToClarity wrote:
ozbird wrote:
Ruben wrote:

The studio album is supposed to be recorded later this year.
There is "probably" going to be a CD of the Chile concert to go along with the DVD. Not all the songs from the show will be on the DVD. The songs left off the DVD are going to be on the live CD, plus other songs from the DVD will be on the CD. I think that's pretty much what Frank said to us in Seattle before that gig.

That's awesome. I don't know why they wouldn't put all the songs on the DVD though.