The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 22:00 
Always
Always

Burn wrote:
Actually I'll quote René on this... I asked him if there would be some community bonuses for ANS and his reply was
"No, no bonuses. No special limited items, nothing of this bullshit! We go straight to the point"
I replied "way to go boys" ;)

mouahahahahahahhahahah...!!!!

LOL

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 22:43 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

That's the spirit.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:04 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
I asked him if there would be some community bonuses for ANS and his reply was
"No, no bonuses. No special limited items, nothing of this bullshit! We go straight to the point"

As much as I love TG, and specifically René for his guitar-work, I have to show my discontent about that comment.
I would really love to have had a direct reaction from the band on this post as I really find the expression "bullshit" a poor way (at least to community members) to describe pre-releases, bonuses and limited items.

But ok, everyone has as much right to their opinion as I and my point was registered.
I'll shut up now and stop anoying you guys with this.

Thank you
Joao

Quote: "bullshit"

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 00:14 

man, this was a quote from a private discussion... He doesnt mean limited stuff are always bullshit, he meant that this time they wanted to make it simple and direct.... that's all...

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 21:49 
Third chance
Third chance

why hasnt the DVD arrived today? its now 10 november and almost 11 november now.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2007, 14:23 
Always
Always

Location: Rotterdam, the only real Dutch Metropole.Our biggest tower will be 165 meters: ooooohhhhhh:)
Joao just wants more then he can ever get...why can't he be happy having a CD and DVD in advance of the rest of the world?? I pity the fool..

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 03:44 
King for a day
King for a day

Fayenatic wrote:
why hasnt the DVD arrived today? its now 10 november and almost 11 november now.

It's nov 20 and nothing yet... and we pay an eye just for a good/fast shipping.

I'm a little bit upset for that. :evil:

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 02:02 

Check the date of your shipping notification, then READ the FAQ... and you'll know when to expect delivery...
And i fyou live far away from the NL blame your own post services ;)

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 21:26 
King for a day
King for a day

My guess is that if TG had a new singer and we all knew that the next album was being laid down, we wouldn't be arguing about all this.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 01:44 

what this has to do with shipped DVDs?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 05:26 
King for a day
King for a day

O my gosh, I realized that I paid almost 30 euros for a regular shipping... JUST THE SHIPPING!! that's insane, and I've to wait 2 more weeks to get my DVD... AND it's on a music shop a few blocks from here just for 30 usd!!! the same DVD!

I'm not blaming you guys, I know you do the best you can... but this is really unfair for all those fans who bought the DVD through your webshop a couple of months ago.

:(

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 10:30 
Third chance
Third chance

NOOOOO... REALLY??

But, but... I don't get it? But are the fans that bought the pre-release treated worse than the guys that go to the Walmart or Tesco?

INDEED?

I really don't know why I wrote so much in my post on this tread! None of that would be necessary at the light of this new information!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 12:22 

roNdrigo wrote:
O my gosh, I realized that I paid almost 30 euros for a regular shipping... JUST THE SHIPPING!! that's insane, and I've to wait 2 more weeks to get my DVD... AND it's on a music shop a few blocks from here just for 30 usd!!! the same DVD!

I'm not blaming you guys, I know you do the best you can... but this is really unfair for all those fans who bought the DVD through your webshop a couple of months ago.

You didnt pay regular shipping cause everything is sent registered outside the EU...

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 20:56 
Third chance
Third chance

roNdrigo wrote:

i thought the point of ordering it from the webshop was so that you could get it before the shops?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2007, 21:56 
Traveller
Traveller

Wake up and smell.... the RIP OFF !

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 03:34 

Rip off?? if you really think this is rip off, you're a wanker... seriously, the band gives its best, providing directly their products for fans. They take time to ship everything themselves...
The shop doesn't get any money out of the shipping costs (you can check for yourself on the TNT website...)

Sorry but to read this pisses me off!! cause I also put some of my energy to help the guys...

@jake: this comments are not for you! And remember one thing: maybe you paid more than your local CD store, but then you can be sure the money ends up in TG's pockets, not in a third party's... in the end, people who buy at the webshop might be part of the financing of the new records...
I personally don't give a shit paying a CD 15 EUR directly at an artist, cause i know I dont give 3 EUR to the artist and 12 to the distribution/shop system...

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 04:10 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Burn wrote:
Rip off?? if you really think this is rip off, you're a wanker... seriously, the band gives its best, providing directly their products for fans. They take time to ship everything themselves...
The shop doesn't get any money out of the shipping costs (you can check for yourself on the TNT website...)

Sorry but to read this pisses me off!! cause I also put some of my energy to help the guys...

@jake: this comments are not for you! And remember one thing: maybe you paid more than your local CD store, but then you can be sure the money ends up in TG's pockets, not in a third party's... in the end, people who buy at the webshop might be part of the financing of the new records...
I personally don't give a shit paying a CD 15 EUR directly at an artist, cause i know I dont give 3 EUR to the artist and 12 to the distribution/shop system...

as rare as it is for me to post here, I have to add agreement to this statement. Generally if I can buy directly from the band I will (particularly if they are like The Gathering and have their own label). Postage costs are postage costs, I'll admit that I don't like paying as much as I did for postage, but in this case, that is they way the band sends things to make it more secure, so I will accept it with good grace, and TBH I think that price would be about standard for registered international mail. I know of places that charge that much for unregistered international mail.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2007, 18:03 
Third chance
Third chance

Burn wrote:
what this has to do with shipped DVDs?

"what this has to do with" initial post?

Just go here http://www.cyclingcolours.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6707&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=320&sid=ed11631f7774417cf5818c73e45081c4 and vent your anger...

Quote: "bullshit"

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2007, 19:36 

Before you all 'vent your anger' (very nice and respectfully said by the way), please get the facts
straight.

Crmk wrote:
NOOOOO... REALLY??

But, but... I don't get it? But are the fans that bought the pre-release treated worse than the guys that go to the Walmart or Tesco?

INDEED?

The DVD isn't released in North and South America. There's only one shop in Santiago de Chile
who sold copies (it's sold out now btw). Yes, a bit too early, that's a fact. One of the main goals of ordering
at the webshop is getting the package earlier then it will arrive in the shops. But we cannot change that anymore.
If all is well everybody has recieved their webshop copy.
It's a pity we have to send the packages outside Europe registered. We know it's expensive.
But it's the only way to be 99% sure the package arrives anyway.

Cheers,
Hans

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2007, 08:51 
Third chance
Third chance

I received my pack tonight (it arrived yesterday, but the post office hadn't processed it for me to collect.)
15 days for over 16500km isn't too bad, and on par for other orders from the Netherlands and Europe.

Registered post is expensive, but I wonder how much longer the alternatives would have taken; sometimes
you just have to bite the bullet. I'd much rather buy from the TG shop to get as much of the profits back
to the band than to a string of middlemen; any true TG fan would probably feel the same way.