The Gathering

forum
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 21:31 
King for a day
King for a day

just to let you know :wink:

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 23:35 
Traveller
Traveller

Emmanuella wrote:
just to let you know :wink:

I find it ironic that you would reply if it's useless. By doing so, you bring life back into this thread. Why respond even? Are you a moderator? I kindly ask that you don't patronize me. If I've an opinion on something, I'll speak.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 03:38 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Damn, why so much hostility :P

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 04:51 
Traveller
Traveller

Samarithan wrote:

Hostility, eh? Nice use of hyperbole. :p

No, I don't "hate" anybody but it's disrespectful when you're telling someone their post is useless, as if you are higher than me because you've been around longer than I have. Have you considered the fact that I wasn't around when this thread was created?

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2009, 05:41 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

rmf919 wrote:
Samarithan wrote:

No, I don't "hate" anybody but it's disrespectful when you're telling someone their post is useless, as if you are higher than me because you've been around longer than I have. Have you considered the fact that I wasn't around when this thread was created?

Just post your opinion and don't take things personally. People are too sensitive (in general) that's one of the reasons why it took me so long to join this forum. Not very fond of forums, but I'm very fond of TG haha don't want to miss a single detail. :P

Not attacking you just telling it like I see it...

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2009, 04:42 
Third chance
Third chance

Samarithan wrote:
rmf919 wrote:
Samarithan wrote:

Just post your opinion and don't take things personally. People are too sensitive (in general) that's one of the reasons why it took me so long to join this forum. Not very fond of forums, but I'm very fond of TG haha don't want to miss a single detail. :P

Not attacking you just telling it like I see it...

That's the problem with message boards. AS much as people say "it's my opinion" and so fourth, if people disagree it always end up at a war of words. People just can't accept another person's opinions. Anything that differ's what they think is wrong.

I know because I gotten myself in war of words with people on forums before. It's not worth the aggravation. Opinions just cause trouble because people online don't know how to read, step back and take in another person's thoughts.

Damn the person who invented the message board. :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 07:38 
Traveller
Traveller

Eh, communication is tough online, due to the fact that you sometimes can't detect the person's tone and you can't read body language. One person could take something one way and someone else could get offended over it. Life's too short to make enemies on a message board but we all make mistakes, otherwise I couldn't call myself a human. :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 18:32 
Traveller
Traveller

I don't know why there is so much hostility here against Anneke, but the reasons why she left are obvious.

She wanted to spend more time with her husband (and family in general), and now that she's doing music with her husband this is possible. It couldn't get any simpler.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 19:36 
Third chance
Third chance

Anneke was the Gathering's vocalist, not wife. Lovers, friends, partners and musicians are not the same thing. I don't like that she doesn't sing for the band anymore, but it's far from being a matter of loyalty. I don't think she left because she had found a band from which she would profit more.

Also, she contributed to the Gathering A LOT. Most fans love her, that's why many follow her new band, which sounds kinda like the Gathering. But also Silje -although very good- sounds kinda like Anneke, no?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 20:20 
King for a day
King for a day

I love The Gathering

I love Anneke

:D

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 21:17 
Traveller
Traveller

BridgeToClarity wrote:
I love The Gathering

I love Anneke

:D

I love your answer! :D

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 22:49 
King for a day
King for a day

Location: Stockholm, Viking land, watching the stars * * * * * * * * * * *
thelostpatrol wrote:
I don't know why there is so much hostility here against Anneke, but the reasons why she left are obvious.

She wanted to spend more time with her husband (and family in general), and now that she's doing music with her husband this is possible. It couldn't get any simpler.

Three things to say:

1. I think you are right. It's that simple.

and

2. I also think she was "done" with TG. At some point you feel you don't contribute so much anymore, the dynamic process is decreasing. And you have to move on – in order to grow as a person – and find other people to evolute with.

and last

3. Peace, Love & Understanding people. The most important things in life to embrace. :flower:

The Viking

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 00:14 
King for a day
King for a day

I love Anneke too. :flower: But it wasn't going to work any longer, was it.

Let me tell you something. As I write this, my daughter and her husband are in a maternity ward in Ireland, awaiting the birth of their first child. There's so much emotion tied up in these life-changing events that, unless you've lived through it, you can't believe it. Ask any parent. And you can't adequately describe or convey it to anyone else.

I'm very torn tonight between loyalty to my wife, who is suffering health problems, and loyalty to my daughter. We can't be anywhere near our daughter until some time next week - by which time we all hope that things will have worked out successfully.

In my heart, I long to get on the plane now. There's nothing really useful that I could do, but that's not the point. It's all about being there.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 03:00 
Traveller
Traveller

ken1 wrote:
thelostpatrol wrote:

Three things to say:

1. I think you are right. It's that simple.

and

2. I also think she was "done" with TG. At some point you feel you don't contribute so much anymore, the dynamic process is decreasing. And you have to move on – in order to grow as a person – and find other people to evolute with.

and last

3. Peace, Love & Understanding people. The most important things in life to embrace. :flower:

The Viking

Great #2. I absolutely agree there. I don't think Home was a bad record, but if she thought that her "side project" was more suiting to what she was feeling at the time and wanted to make that her main project, I can't do anything but admire the woman for her honesty, both to herself and to her fans.

I doubt we'd love her as much as we do if she wasn't as honest and genuine as she appears/has appeared to us to be.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 14:15 
King for a day
King for a day

Geoff Palmer wrote:
As I write this, my daughter and her husband are in a maternity ward in Ireland, awaiting the birth of their first child.

I'm a grandfather - as of about an hour ago! :D

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 14:34 
Traveller
Traveller

Geoff Palmer wrote:
Geoff Palmer wrote:
As I write this, my daughter and her husband are in a maternity ward in Ireland, awaiting the birth of their first child.

I'm a grandfather - as of about an hour ago! :D

Congratulations. :)

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 15:01 
King for a day
King for a day

@Geoff Palmer
Congratulations!
I hope your wife feels better.

Back to the topic. I totally agree with Ken (Welcome back!). There is no point to pretend. If you feel you're done, you're done. As we move through life
our priorities and interests change and sometimes you just have to make decision and follow your heart. C'est la vie! :flower:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 04:01 
Traveller
Traveller

musicman wrote:
Back to the topic. I totally agree with Ken (Welcome back!). There is no point to pretend. If you feel you're done, you're done. As we move through life
our priorities and interests change and sometimes you just have to make decision and follow your heart. C'est la vie! :flower:

Agreed. I think a lot of fans were attached to Anneke and weren't willing to accept any change. I also want to point out the fact that she spent 12 long but memorable years with TG. You can't ask for more, especially out of a musician. It aint all beer & pizza. It's a matter of doing what's necessary in your life and at some point in time you have to make decisions regardless of what people might think.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 13:27 
Always
Always

rmf919 wrote:
I think a lot of fans were attached to Anneke and weren't willing to accept any change.

So true. And plenty of these won't accept any new material because they "don't know" the band anymore.
But I doubt there would be too much of those kind here aboard. It's still a "The Gathering" board, not a "We live for the past"-nostalgia club 8) That's why I wondered after a time that this topic still exists :D

I haven't posted to this topic until now. I didn't want to say anything about a loyalty problem that simply doesn't exist in my opinion. I love Anneke and I wish the best for her just as I have done since I accepted she left the band (which didn't come immediately, I admit) and I'm very curious (and now a bit relieved after hearing the first some songs comin') about the new Gathering miracle. It won't be the same but it will be good. I know.

And somehow I managed to listen to the songs without even thinking of the fact that these songs could had been singed by Annie... I guess that means not only my mind accepts changes but so do my ears, too :flower:

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2009, 16:41 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Daeron wrote:
rmf919 wrote:
I think a lot of fans were attached to Anneke and weren't willing to accept any change.

I haven't posted to this topic until now. I didn't want to say anything about a loyalty problem that simply doesn't exist in my opinion.

this is what I thought but didn't post :D thank you.
:flower: :flower: :flower:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next