The Gathering

forum
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Tapes
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 12:25 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I saw on Ebay the other day a tape cassette of If Then Else. The seller is in Malaysia, just wondered if anyone on here knows of any Gathering tape releases... and if you have one you're willing to part with?

Post subject: Re: Tapes
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2008, 18:12 
Traveller
Traveller

the only tapes worth to own in that old format are the original demos: Moonlight Archer & An Imaginary Symphony, a treasure for collectors. On the rest of the catalogue I prefer Cd.
Still have few casettes myself, and I've bought demo tapes on ebay too, anywayz of the gathering just have Always... on tape.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2008, 08:52 
Always
Always

mmm... I sorta agree with Tenebris in a way. Moonlight Archer & An Imaginary Symphony are for sure the only cassettes items to dream of (but not at any price eheh). but that 's not that "necessary". cause on the other hands, it depends if you like the early era of The Gathering music (Always and blabla).
a lot of people don't and that's their right.

BTW, fans can collect what they want, right?

Dominicdoom, I don't own cassette to part with. The only one I have is the "Souvenirs" one (bulgarian version) which was available from TG e-store.
It's a nice item ^.

as for the tapes, some of us have many TG cassettes from the Anneke era in their collections.
With some luck, they could give you some helping hand.

Good luck for upgrading your collection!

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2008, 02:22 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Im just a huge fan of tape, most tapes sound better then CDs (especially most re-mastered CDs, my Judas Priest tapes are perfect for portable music) its not really a question of what people percieve their worth as, as having tapes and records of bands that have been an important part of my life and will listen to 'til the day i die is more valuable to me than some super rare collectable.
And now i know there are at the very least two albums (If Then Else and Souvenirs) out there on tape, I'll have to start travelling the world in search of second hand music shops.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2008, 07:02 
Always
Always

I get your point. I don't care at all about the value of my collection and how rare it is.
otherwise I agree, Tapes sounded great too. I still kept many old ones (maiden, smashing pumpkins, machine head, blabla) but don't listen to them anymore.
As a collector, I don't search necessarily for TG tapes because i discovered this band in CD format (1995). it's specific to this band.
I got the Souvenirs one for esthetic reason, actually, souvenirs artwork is one of my favourites.

I'm crazy about japanese versions CD, they're so beautiful.

so good luck again in your research! ^

ps:
eheh.. I also had a "Painkiller" tape in the past, it's somewhere in my parents house but I will leave it there for the nostalgy moments I lived with it.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2008, 16:01 
Traveller
Traveller

I love collecting different versions of the CD's own ... And being tape ... even more! I think a format that reminds me much the past, the time that neither dreamed about having CDs ... mp3 ...
I have seen the If_then_else and Souvenirs in the venda eBay ... Turkey coming from ... not yet bought ... because they spent much of the TG with other things, as the singles more rare.
But of course, I soon they also form part of my collection, along with CDs and Vinis.
soon ...

=D

Adrenaline away!! :)
Visit. Fan Blog:
http://www.adrenalinethegathering.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 09 May 2008, 20:37 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Wooo Hoooo, just ordered a copy of If Then Else on tape! and also found Always on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Gathering-Alway ... dZViewItem

PostPosted: 10 May 2008, 06:52 
Always
Always

niiiice. glad for you.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2008, 16:39 
Third chance
Third chance

If anyone want a copy of Souvenirs tape we can figure it something(trade may be or christmass present).Here in Bulgaria i can fin it for a 1$ from the publisher store, if the don't sell all of them.I have 2 for myself.