forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:52

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2010, 19:25 
Traveller
Traveller

J Ray wrote:
Saturtijn wrote:
Couldn't Quite Mechanical be Probably built in the fifties? Pre-Souvenirs era, you say? Then I think it would be possible...?

Hmm, nah I don't see how that's possible...
Probably Built In The Fifties was written/recorded in 1998 for the HTMAP album.
This interview hoang's talking about was apparently from around the Black Light District/Souvenirs era, which would be sometime between 2001-2003 when all that stuff was recorded for those two releases.

Nice guess though, anyway :P
There is a very cool demo of Probably Built In The Fifties on that 2 disk "Accessories" compilation- you should check that one out if you haven't already, Saturtijn :)

Woops, I made the mistake thinking Probably built in the fifties was on Souvenirs... How could I be so wrong, of course it is on HTMAP? ... :roll:
And yeah, I really thought I had a good point there. Probably built in the fifties does sound quite mechanical, and just my humble opinion on this one, but I think Quite mechanical sounds a bit like Probably built in the fifties, I can't explain what it is. It's not something in rhyme or something, but the same style. Got something with the title of HTMAP as well. Really can't explain it. XD

Two-disk "Accessories" compilation? Gues I've missed something? Where can I find it?
I have seen some links in this topic, but they were all broken for as far as I could see?

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 09:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Location: Next door to that other neighbor of yours who always gives strange looks but never says anything...
Saturtijn wrote:
Woops, I made the mistake thinking Probably built in the fifties was on Souvenirs... How could I be so wrong, of course it is on HTMAP? ...
And yeah, I really thought I had a good point there. Probably built in the fifties does sound quite mechanical, and just my humble opinion on this one, but I think Quite mechanical sounds a bit like Probably built in the fifties, I can't explain what it is. It's not something in rhyme or something, but the same style. Got something with the title of HTMAP as well. Really can't explain it. XD

Two-disk "Accessories" compilation? Gues I've missed something? Where can I find it?
I have seen some links in this topic, but they were all broken for as far as I could see?

Amazon's summary of Accessories is pretty good:
http://www.amazon.com/Accesories-Rariti ... B000BEZOVA

It came out about 5 years ago, and is basically just a compilation of B-side songs taken from their Century Media era singles from 1995-2000. Then disc 2 of it has all the demo tracks from the Nighttime Birds and HTMAP albums, some of which are really interesting to hear the original takes of.
Go get it :D

...and I guess to shift back to this topic a little- would be cool to have another Accessories-type of compilation from 2001-2006 or so, of more demos and outtakes and the like. Although that's probably not likely to happen, as these compilations and re-releases seem to be more of a Century Media type of thing, which wouldn't include any studio material after 2001...

Really a shame that HTMAP and if_then_else never got a 10th Anniversary deluxe re-release like the earlier albums did.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2010, 09:16 
Always
Always

yeah I agree. I hope to hear some i_t_e demos one day too. I'm so thrilled...

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2010, 23:05 

I think CM doesnt give a shit about htmap and ite... so the chance to hear demos is very small...
Actually I think I remember that TG did pay th emoney for the ITE recordings before to get it back from CM or something.. so maybe they did pay for the demos themselves but they cant use them cause they're under copyright of CM... damn legal bullshit again...

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2010, 16:38 
Traveller
Traveller

If the band has the demos, but the only problem is that they're under copyright, well, then we just have to make an appointment with the band to listen the demos, I think. :tw:

Let's see, I don't like pre-Mandylion era, the Mandylion demos are public, I haven't heard the NB demos yet, the discussion at this point was about HTMAP and ITE, so we should definitely listen to them... I haven't heard Souvenirs, Home and TWP demos either. Those last three, now I think of it, are released on Psychonaut, aren't they? What would stop the band from publishing those demos? ^^ [/greedy]

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2010, 16:33 
Traveller
Traveller

I'm listening to Accessories now, are there lyrics to those songs somewhere - as the lyrics are changed as well?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2011, 10:33 
Traveller
Traveller

Never seen this one, just ran into it the other day:

Zion, the demo version of In Between, played live somewhere around May / June 2001, somewhere in France or Italy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t25iWqCFuI

First time I've heard a demo version of a song that's not on Accessories (except for Alone on A Sound Relief and the short things that are in the Homemade documentary)! :) Have to say I like Zion faaar more than Alone-the-demo...

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 10:34 
Traveller
Traveller

La Lutine (the working title of what ended up as the title track of Home) is also on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVupQHN765g

I was wondering, the band have played "Rusty Hands" in a couple of last year's shows, but I don't see it in the tracklist for the new album that's mentioned in the webshop.
It does sound a bit like Meltdown, I must say, so maybe "Rusty Hands" would have been a working title for Meltdown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzEoRnz2psI

PostPosted: 31 May 2012, 13:06 

Rusty Hand I didnt find so convincing when I heard it.. it was obvious it wasnt finsihed just like Zion or La Lutine in their time... I know the song was been heavily modified since but I cant find anything of Rusty Hand in the Meltdown... most likely it will be another track ;-)