The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 21:47 
Always
Always

Burn wrote:
You've got an element of the artwork online already.... :wink: But it's not much indeed...

no worry that's enough by now eheh.. I like it. thanks.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 08:42 
Traveller
Traveller

Burn wrote:
You've got an element of the artwork online already.... :wink: But it's not much indeed...

Are you referring to the hands under the "under construction" words on the site?

Or are those just hands hehe? :P

My photos! (some gigs, including TG)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 10:30 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hello everyone,

I haven't been active for a long time...but now..I'm back :D

I really look forward the new tG CD. I place a bet, thats it's goin' to be a smasher! :green:

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2009, 20:56 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Good luck!!!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2009, 22:14 
Traveller
Traveller

Having read the news updates, I'm curious to hear how this album will turn out (two albums, actually :P). Two albums; one guitar driven and one shoegaze-y? The first things that come to mind are the albums Souvenirs and How to Measure a Planet?. Either way, I trust 'em. In my opinion, they haven't done anything wrong since 1993's Almost a Dance.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 02:24 
Traveller
Traveller

Hey maybe the new vocalist is Kari Rueslåtten :P ?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 02:27 
Traveller
Traveller

Jester wrote:
Hey maybe the new vocalist is Kari Rueslåtten :P ?

That would be weird :s

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2009, 13:04 

PLease keep your speculation about the new singer in its respective thread

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 15:55 

THE GATHERING NEWSLETTER 05-02-2009

Update about ‘The West Pole’

Dear all,

Hope you are all fine and well!
We are currently mixing our new album ‘The West Pole’. It seems we need a bit more time to make this album something really outstanding, so we decided to postpone the release date a bit. The album will be in the shops first week of May.

As said before the album will also be available via our webshop around March, and we will ship the packages beginning of April. Of course we will have something extra, like always. Because of our 20th anniversery (it all started in 1989), people who buy a special ‘The West Pole’ package (new album and exclusive t-shirt) will get the EP ‘City From Above’ for free! Yes, it’s our birthday so it’s good to give something away. This EP includes some unreleased tracks that didn’t make it on ‘The West Pole’ as well as the 13 minute epic instrumental titletrack which we wrote for Arr. 2, a combination of dance and music which was performed in The Netherlands in 2008.

To fill the gap between now and the actual date we will put some songs on our MySpace and the announcement of the names of the vocalists (beginning of March), I can give you some song titles of our new album ‘The West Pole’. Some titles are: ‘When Trust Becomes Sound’, ‘Treasure’, ‘All You Are’, ‘You Promised Me A Symphony’, ‘The West Pole’, ‘Capital Of Nowhere’, ‘No Bird Call’, ‘Pale Traces’, ‘No One Spoke’, and ‘Constant Run’.
What’s more to say about ‘The West Pole’? On various songs we worked with a string ensemble, and we used some ‘exotic’ instruments like Stylophone, and a real Harmonium, a very old wooden keyboard instrument. René produced the album (for the very first time). In fact, everything we could do ourselves, we did. What you get on ‘The West Pole’ is more The Gathering then ever.

Cheers!
Hans Rutten

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 16:05 

Hans, thanks for the update.

About the song titles you mention. Your list contains more than 9 titles, so I suppose that it's not decided yet, which songs will make it to the album "The West Pole" and which will go to the EP "City From Above"?

Good luck with the final mixing process. 8)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 16:24 

T-90? hehehe... well, at least we have a better sneek peek now :) gracias hansito! I love EP's, i love special packages and i love release dates :)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 17:34 

Can't wait!

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 18:25 
Always
Always

thank you very much Hans.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 20:51 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Thanks for the update! I'm getting even more excited now :D :D :D

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 20:52 
King for a day
King for a day

Hans wrote:
and a real Harmonium, a very old wooden keyboard instrument

An aunt and uncle of mine had a small harmonium in the kitchen of the farmhouse where they lived in the 1950s and 1960s - just a pedal to pump with your feet, and no fancy stops or anything like that.

On holiday in Norfolk once, I wandered into a very shabby-looking country church - obviously a very poor church. Inside, I found a large harmonium, with proper organ stops, that had been donated to the church about a century earlier by two American sisters. It still had its pedals, but a hole had been cut through the back of the wooden casing and an electric pump fitted.

Good luck with the new album! I'll be listening carefully for the harmonium.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 20:57 
King for a day
King for a day

YEH. Extra EP is great. Won't be long now. :green: :green: :green: :green:

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 03:13 
Traveller
Traveller

Thanks for the update!!! :D

But I'm a bit confused, is it like this?
1- Pre-orders on the web-shop in March
2- Pre-orders sent on April
3- Album available on May

Also, how much will the package cost? I want to buy it, but I need to start saving from now :wink: .

Oh, and when can we expect the new songs on MySpace?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 06:18 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
we used some ‘exotic’ instruments like Stylophone, and a real Harmonium, a very old wooden keyboard instrument.

Sounds to me the album is going to be very 'Organic', excuse the pun.

Quote:
In fact, everything we could do ourselves, we did. What you get on ‘The West Pole’ is more The Gathering then ever.

I suppose he means there will have alot of heart & soul in the mix - which sort of refers to what is known as 'Organic' music,anyway

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 06:32 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Jester wrote:
Oh, and when can we expect the new songs on MySpace?

I expect it will be on there about the middle of March if not before - if album to be released to fans in early April - there must be some sort of time lapse between the two I would have thought.I would think the new singer/s would be announced on MySpace at the same time - seems to plausable to me.

I am expecting to wait about 30-35 days from now for MySpace update.Will still keep checking this site/other sites for leaks etc.etc.I don't think I have ever been so obsessed about musical developements before (including Agua de Annique).It's intriguing.
I have only been a fan for about 4 years but get withdrawal symptoms when I am not listening to Anneke or the music of the Gathering now.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2009, 21:59 
Traveller
Traveller

Hans wrote:
THE GATHERING NEWSLETTER 05-02-2009

Update about ‘The West Pole’

Dear all,

Hope you are all fine and well!
We are currently mixing our new album ‘The West Pole’. It seems we need a bit more time to make this album something really outstanding, so we decided to postpone the release date a bit. The album will be in the shops first week of May.

As said before the album will also be available via our webshop around March, and we will ship the packages beginning of April. Of course we will have something extra, like always. Because of our 20th anniversery (it all started in 1989), people who buy a special ‘The West Pole’ package (new album and exclusive t-shirt) will get the EP ‘City From Above’ for free! Yes, it’s our birthday so it’s good to give something away. This EP includes some unreleased tracks that didn’t make it on ‘The West Pole’ as well as the 13 minute epic instrumental titletrack which we wrote for Arr. 2, a combination of dance and music which was performed in The Netherlands in 2008.

To fill the gap between now and the actual date we will put some songs on our MySpace and the announcement of the names of the vocalists (beginning of March), I can give you some song titles of our new album ‘The West Pole’. Some titles are: ‘When Trust Becomes Sound’, ‘Treasure’, ‘All You Are’, ‘You Promised Me A Symphony’, ‘The West Pole’, ‘Capital Of Nowhere’, ‘No Bird Call’, ‘Pale Traces’, ‘No One Spoke’, and ‘Constant Run’.
What’s more to say about ‘The West Pole’? On various songs we worked with a string ensemble, and we used some ‘exotic’ instruments like Stylophone, and a real Harmonium, a very old wooden keyboard instrument. René produced the album (for the very first time). In fact, everything we could do ourselves, we did. What you get on ‘The West Pole’ is more The Gathering then ever.

Cheers!
Hans Rutten

Sounds like it's going to be an interesting album. Thanks Hans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next