The Gathering

forum
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:00

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 22:51 
Third chance
Third chance

In this interview http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showinterview.php?id=2665&lang=en Hans was asked about Annekes descision to do her own thing:

I don’t want to focus on it too long but still, Anneke’s announcement of leaving must have hit you hard, or did you saw it coming anyway?
We did see it coming yeah. She told us that she couldn’t pull the weight anymore so at first we thought it was best to give her all the space and time she wanted. The band on hold for two or three was a possibility for us. But she didn’t want that either she wasn’t up for it anymore. The way she left wasn’t too nice from her side but that is between us really. We dealt with it now and it is time to move on and that is what we are doing.

How strange and sad at the same time. You achieved and experienced a lot together and now to let it end like this…how remarkable is it that she soon after her leaving already told to the press that a future collaboration certainly would be possible again with The Gathering?
I agree and I think it’s just very lame of her to say that. It will not happen and she very well knows that. To flirt with the idea is not done really.

And I think you are not the kind of band to keep that door open…
No, that door is closed indeed. I read what she said and I think that’s it’s not sensible to come out with that after a few months already. We discussed taking a long break on several occasions but she didn’t want to do that. So why still flirt with the idea? We grew into her presence on the foreground, deliberate or not, sometimes with a record company behind it. I’m relived we are done with that fact, her being placed above the band…

Apparently Anneke said in some interviews she doenst exclude doing a possible collaboration with TG in the future. To me it just shows how free and openminded Anneke is these days. But it seems Hans sees everyting in black or white, you are in or you are out. Personally I think thats not very loyal of him. And dont give me that bulsh*t that he is being loyal to the new singer, he is just acting like a little child when it comes to Annekes departure. I dont understand this negativity, such a waste of energy, but well thats just my view on things of course..

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 23:31 
King for a day
King for a day

No offence intended, friend, but I'm with Duende and his April 30 comment in the similar Anneke thread.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 00:04 
King for a day
King for a day

I sure hope this doesn't turn into the East coast, West cost thing.
Tupac and B.I.G. must not have died in vein! We don't need to be putting hits out on former members of TG. So you Anneke fanboys remember to chill the f*ck out!
Live and let live. Sing and let sing.

Now you got Finn pissed off!

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 00:22 
Third chance
Third chance

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 00:54 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

flebbie wrote:
Apparently Anneke said in some interviews she doenst exclude doing a possible collaboration with TG in the future. To me it just shows how free and openminded Anneke is these days. But it seems Hans sees everyting in black or white, you are in or you are out. Personally I think thats not very loyal of him. And dont give me that bulsh*t that he is being loyal to the new singer, he is just acting like a little child when it comes to Annekes departure. I dont understand this negativity, such a waste of energy, but well thats just my view on things of course..

What's with all this talk about loyalty? I mean... who left the band behind? She left and now you expect the rest of the band to welcome her back as soon as she sees fit to do so? :o

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 02:07 
Third chance
Third chance

ChrisX wrote:
She left and now you expect the rest of the band to welcome her back as soon as she sees fit to do so? :o

no I didnt expect that, but I didnt expect them to be that vicious either :-|

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 03:00 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

They seem rather bitter towards Anneke. :o

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 06:07 

Well since neither of us are members of the band it is quite difficult for anyone here to make opinions on loyalty since we all lack of facts to make such statements so... this and the other topic refering to "loyalty" seem rather unappropiate and lack complete taste in this forum.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 07:54 
Third chance
Third chance

Well, Hans decided to call her things like "lame" and I have an opinion about that. I think there's nothing wrong with discussing the content of a public interview. Doesnt have anything to do with lack of taste or being an Anneke fanboy cause Im not.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 08:46 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

flebbie wrote:
Well, Hans decided to call her things like "lame"

Yeah, I was actually surprised by his poor choice of words. They keep talking about a brand new era, but apparently the band resents Anneke's solo success and can't seem to let go of the past. Anneke is open for a reunion, the band isn't, no need to be rude about it. :roll:

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 09:10 
Traveller
Traveller

But the point is that fingers are being pointed when you don't have any proof to support your claim. Yes, it probably wasn't the most professional thing to say on Hans' part but live and let live. If the band felt Anneke was unprofessional about her departure, that's their issue to worry about, not ours.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 09:22 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

The proof is in the interview, Hans is obviously bitter.

rmf919 wrote:
live and let live.

Exactly. Anneke's moved on, something the band and some people here can't seem to do.. with the constant need to bash Anneke's past work with TG or AdA. It's all very "LAME" :lol:

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 09:41 
Traveller
Traveller

Samarithan wrote:
The proof is in the interview, Hans is obviously bitter.

rmf919 wrote:
live and let live.

Exactly. Anneke's moved on, something the band and some people here can't seem to do.. with the constant need to bash Anneke's past work with TG or AdA. It's all very "LAME" :lol:

First of all, where did you pull that second part from? Now you're just talking trash.. And since when was Hans "the band"? Hans made the comment, it wasn't the band. And If you bothered to actually read my post rather than skim through it, I mentioned that it probably wasn't the most professional thing to say on Hans' part and beyond that, there's nothing more you can say about this because you don't know the story from both sides. Hans didn't sound very bitter to me, but I guess that's perception for you.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 10:13 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
Since when is Hans "the band"?

He's a big part of the band.

Quote:
there's nothing more you can say about this because you don't know the story from both sides.

I was only commenting on his poor choice of words, that he chose to make public. Whether you agree with me or disagree, I could care less.

Quote:
If you bothered to actually read my post

I did read your entire post.. most of it wasn't relevant to the point I was trying to make. Anyway, aren't you doing the same thing, skimming through my post to validate your point? :roll:

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 10:23 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

We'll never get to know what actually happened inside the band, so all these controversies about respective loyalty have no serious ground. IMHO.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 10:39 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
First of all, where did you pull that second part from? Now you're just talking trash.

No, not really. There has been different occasions in which somebody (Who Shall Remain Nameless) constantly bashes Anneke's past work with TG or AdA to praise the TWP. Don't see how that helps the situation, with the whole new era and all. :roll:

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 11:51 
Traveller
Traveller

I think there's a slight misunderstanding here. My initial post wasn't in response to yours, it was to Flebbie but I sent the post in late. And going back over what you said in response to my late post, I misunderstand where you were coming from.. so my apologies.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 12:20 
King for a day
King for a day

flebbie wrote:

This is the best bit of this thread so far.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 15:02 
Traveller
Traveller

We don't known what happened behind those closed doors and its none of our business. But I personally feel really sad about the fact that the band (Anneke era) I love so much is on no speaking terms. Despite of what happened behind those closed doors (cause i don't really care), I just would love that maybe in a few months when we have the situation of AdA and TG playing at the same festival (could happen) that Anneke would join the band for maybe one song or something. I understand that the bands needs to move forward at this time but that situation would be perfectly normal in my opinion. To bad because of these issues that probably won't happen.

PostPosted: 02 May 2009, 22:44 
Traveller
Traveller

The Unknown wrote:
We don't known what happened behind those closed doors and its none of our business. But I personally feel really sad about the fact that the band (Anneke era) I love so much is on no speaking terms. Despite of what happened behind those closed doors (cause i don't really care), I just would love that maybe in a few months when we have the situation of AdA and TG playing at the same festival (could happen) that Anneke would join the band for maybe one song or something. I understand that the bands needs to move forward at this time but that situation would be perfectly normal in my opinion. To bad because of these issues that probably won't happen.

yeah that aint happening