The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012, 14:47 
Always
Always

Soooo….

After only one but serious listening of Disclosure… Objectively, I confirm it’s very good… melodic, dynamic..
Some elements are brilliant. And... some are less..

Not the masterpiece yet, to be honest

Of Course, you got experience (not me!)… knows how to be captive… with its own limits

Moreover, exit the Old Gathering, I still try not to compare this album to anything / anyone you all may think about (Except this time with the West Pole album itself maybe, for which there are obvious similarities to me)
But hey, I still compare!! Shit!!!

To be explicits, I need a music reset (my last playlist are very very opened) and this doesn’t help at all to give a true opinion

So I can’t manage to be objective.

but… on the other hand, I’m excited this album came out. The gathering still stands in my favourite ones. ahhhh nostalgy.
Something still makes me putting the stuffs in the turntable again… maybe the spirits will the do the things left... not the artwork only.. I got used to this last one... and it's very nice finally

Hey, Maybe I just need to hear and check the songs live? What I hope for soon.
The dimension will renew… expand my opinion of the album for sure…

Most of the songs are direct, short term and good effects… except some… like “I can see four miles” .. good tunes.. the crescendo rages on second part… post rock and shoegaze engaged. Nice, thanks

Well, time will make the things

Thank you again anyway for that and certainly for evolving… Please come touring in France soon… I will be there mmm LOL

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2012, 13:26 
Always
Always

Gemini I is incredible and Heroes For Ghosts is on par with Travel.

Μέχρι να φανεί το φως
δρόμους θα διαβαίνω
όχι πως σε ξέχασα
μα δε σε προσμένω.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 19:50 
Always
Always

touched the essence of the music... inebriant perfume... and brillant afterlight.

The vocals fits perfectly ... (Silje doesn't have to envy Anneke) .... discretion ... disclosure range... and still more identity for this time... wow sweety taste

All the songs are played in their whole entity one by one... wavy sequences.....the landscapes are always blurry and fudging.... around and around and around...

yes this album is secretly wonderful for the one who'll take the time to listen. Not only a matter of taste... of past... (s)he just has to want it.

I only liked it. I finally adore it. yessssss!!! Thank you.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012, 23:45 
Always
Always

was that a review?

Μέχρι να φανεί το φως
δρόμους θα διαβαίνω
όχι πως σε ξέχασα
μα δε σε προσμένω.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2012, 17:46 
Third chance
Third chance

To me this is the album I hoped they would make after seeing and hearing "Alone" on "A Sound Relief". Something in that song "got to me". I liked the more "dance"-influences and use of synthesizers. Not that "Disclosure" is a "dance" album... But I don't think it's a coincedence that with Frank being the main songwriter on this album the layers of synthesizers, loops and effects are more dominant than on "The West Pole". And like on "Alone" it all works for me. There are some nice grooves, lots of great melodies and most songs are what I think of as two-part songs: there's the first part, a bridge or modulation and then a second part. "Paper Waves", "Meltdown", "Heroes For Ghosts", "I Can See Four Miles" all have that structure more or less. But never does it sound like a cheap trick. The melodies stay strong, there are some great climaxes and a few long stretched fades. The band is/was in prime form and I especially like the sound and performance of Silje. The production and sound of the album is also of a high quality. It all sounds crisp and clear, there are many layers which make multiple listens (and headphones! :green: ) recommended and all the more enjoyable.
Short and simple: I cannot find any song or anything on this album that I don't like. There are some favourites, of course, but there are NO tracks at all I'd like to skip, just some I want to repeat more than others. :wink: Love the artwork also. It fits really well with the music.
And like "City From Above", "Afterlights" is an excellent companion disc.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2013, 01:07 
Always
Always

just thought to say again how great this album is since it has me coming back to it every once in a while.

Μέχρι να φανεί το φως
δρόμους θα διαβαίνω
όχι πως σε ξέχασα
μα δε σε προσμένω.