The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2012, 19:29 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I've bought new Anneke's album Everything is changing, second hand, on the internet. Please look at the pictures and tell me what you think.

At first I thought that overall print quality is rather poor, despite being on good quality paper.
The cover is bit oversaturated. The look may vary with different monitors, but her face has a red halo and it just seems to be two-hue image (orange-red). Also it is not visible here (my camera is rather low-end), but there's a slight downward shift of red paint, so "ANNEKE VAN..." has a light yellow "shade" above.

2nd picture may also not do justice, but there is clearly visible half tone pattern (like in badly scanned image) on forehead (=where there is a colour gradient)

Another page of booklet. There are clearly visible light vertical lines.

And that would be merely poor desktop publishing, lousy initial image quality etc., but the disc made me doubt it's genuine copy.
There is a clear inner ring on the print. I've found THIS picture some time ago and it's printed on on the whole surface. On my copy it's also not smooth, but there are some "wrenched" fragments. The blue halfring on one of the pictures is not my camera lens distortion, but colour shift on the paint. Also, compared to the photo I found (previous link), my CD seems more glossy, but that may be just optical illusion. You can also see CD matrix numbers, which are different from those provided on discogs

Here are few pictures:
ImageImageImageImage

And right now I don't know if I'm being paranoid, or is the pias web address slightly bigger than rest of the writings on the picture from internet, and on my copy it's just the same.

The barcode is the same on every release I could find, including mine.

So can you help me - is it original issue, different factory made my copy, or is it a fake? I don't know whether should I demand refund from seller or just appreciate western European edition ( :-| )

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 21:58 
King for a day
King for a day

Looks like mine except mine is autographed. I got it from her webshop. The only difference I see is on the disc itself mine does not have a white ring on the front or any white on the playing side of the disc. It could be fake, looking at the disc. I'm not sure.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 03:39 
Always
Always

Πετα τα...

Μέχρι να φανεί το φως
δρόμους θα διαβαίνω
όχι πως σε ξέχασα
μα δε σε προσμένω.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 05:04 
Always
Always

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: