The Gathering

forum
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 19:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006, 03:36 
Third chance
Third chance

there it is. the Bee Bass. sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 01:31 
Third chance
Third chance

Wow.. so yeah, I made the trip to the east coast, and I have 298 pictures to prove it! :D It was not just awesome but fucking awesome! Unfortunately most of the pics are either really blurry or too dark (I didn't use the flash because the battery life of my camera was already terrible, the only thing stopping me from taking more was the battery dying, and I didn't want to flash out the band from the front row where I was for all 3 shows :D) but there are still some decent ones in there..

(It's a definite possibility that none of the pictures in this thread will work because my server seems to be unreliable at best at remote serving.)

First thing I got to Washington to check out some sights.
ImageImage

The Netherlands Carillon :D
ImageImage

The view.. tulips coming into bloom near the first day of spring.. and a topless Washington Monument

It's right next to Iwo Jima

Then went to Jaxx where most of the travelling fanatics crew was already waiting, silent_enigma and BridgeToClarity from California, LordCliff, Anthony, everyone else whose board names I don't know :D (these guys were half the fun of the whole trip; thanks to everyone! :D)

First up was Todesbonden who were not on the tour but just at Jaxx.. which I'm sad to say because they were awesome! Great music to play D&D to.. I especially liked when their drummer took out a pair of mallets and played a whole song on toms and cymbals with them it was sweet. No pics because my battery was already dying by this point. But I'm definitely gonna buy their album when it comes out and I hope they come to California.

Giant Squid and Unexpect.. well, anything I can say about these bands would have to be about all three shows I went to. Unexpect is pretty rockin, just not entirely my style.. they're all over the place.. one song in particular had some awesome riffage, but I don't know the name of it.

Correction--this is from Boston.

The infamous 9-string bass (pic from New York)

Giant Squid I didn't think much of after this show (i.e. indifferent), but after all 3 I can count myself as a fan. They have some nice harmonies and great instrument and vocal qualities. The lead singer/guitarist has this Russian distortion box for his guitar that just CRUNCHES really hard! :lol: But the best part (and just ask BridgeToClarity for confirmation), Angela Gossow watch out, their other vocalist/rhythm guitar player does the best female screaming/death-type vocals around. They're not grating at all; they go down SMOOOTH like a Woodchuck Draft Cider and are still very melodic, not some cookie monster monotone noise. So hey Giant Squid if you are reading this, we (well, at least two of us) want more! :lol: The End Records fucking knows how to get that female vocal talent. (her clean singing is very nice too, and even though it's quite a different style than the guy singer's, they go together really well) See Todesbonden for I will definitely buy their album when it comes out, come (back) to California, etc etc. Pics from New York (and Boston):
ImageImage

Now I guess the part everyone wants to read, THE GATHERING playing at Jaxx. Well, like I said, it was fucking awesome! :D My first time seeing TG and everyone pretty much agreed to it being one of the best. shows. ever. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything in particular to say about it, so here are some blurry pics :lol::
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rock it Hans

The man in the shadows

Most of my attempts to get pictures of the band in white light resulted in pictures of the band in red light. Or no light at all.
ImageImage

Nice!

Is that a C chord?

Good night!
...No actually we are going to play In Motion, Eleanor, Strange Machines, and BLD! Tricked you!

In Straaange Maaachiiiines...

Last edited by NorthernComfort on 24 Mar 2006, 08:03, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 01:35 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey guys !!! Whatta' show ... excellent performance ... and my crush for Anneke has grown stronger ... :oops: ... :D

Anyways, check out my pics, hope you like 'em ...

http://community.webshots.com/album/548826832xNHzBV

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 01:45 
Third chance
Third chance

Yup, that gig was amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 01:54 

Blog updated, thanks !!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 02:21 
King for a day
King for a day

Anthony3 wrote:

MAN!

BEST PIC EVER!! I SWEAR! BEST PIC EVER!! *WARNING*

Very very very very nice :flower: :flower: :flower:

Burn for King
Burn for Queen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 02:23 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Amazing show and Anneke is truly enchanting :D

Check out my pics at ... http://community.webshots.com/album/548826832xNHzBV

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 11:30 
King for a day
King for a day

When I got to DC I kind of decided I wanted to got to Boston and NY, besides the Virginia show. Things worked out. I was able to go to all 3 shows. Thanks to changing planes, and big help from Northern Comfort for having a car to drive me, zach, and aaron to the boston and NY shows.

Me, Zach and Aaron got to the Jaxx show before 11:00 AM. Waited in line for almost 8 hours. The doors opened a bit late. Members of Unexpect and Giant Squid showed up first. Some of them introduced themselves to us and we talked a bit. The Gathering showed up some time after 330 pm. There were only 4 or 5 of us there, so we went around back and were able to talk to the band for 15 or 20 minutes. Get autographs and pictures. That was very cool, and they are really nice people.

We were able to get to the front of the stage (at the boston and NY shows, as well.

I always loved their music, but live it was so much more powerful, and emotional. I can't really describe in words how I feel about the last 5 days, but I can't remember ever having a better time in my entire life!

I'll try and post pics of the 3 shows, we all got a bunch. I guess I have a few good ones. I just got home from a 6 hour plane ride and need some rest.

Met a lot of great fans there, and made some new friends.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 18:59 
King for a day
King for a day

I only got two good pics at the jaxx show. I have more from boston and NY. Was too busy enjoying the show. :D

I have these also at the original size but they are around 1MB each and I'm running low on space. If anyone wants I can email them the original size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 05:05 
King for a day
King for a day

I will post pictures and thoughts of concert on Monday (pics are being developed as I write this but the photo machine at the store needs to be repaired). I'm pretty tired and speechless at this point so be patient.......... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 06:31 
King for a day
King for a day

a_silent_enigma wrote:
I will post pictures and thoughts of concert on Monday (pics are being developed as I write this but the photo machine at the store needs to be repaired). I'm pretty tired and speechless at this point so be patient.......... :wink:

I put all my pics up, click on the link in my sig for the ones you needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 06:50 
King for a day
King for a day

BridgeToClarity wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Cool man thanks. :D The pics turned out really nice!! (you even posted the infamous one with the brothers haha. Sorry about that) You need to rename the last group photo "American Mafia" though. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006, 07:08 
King for a day
King for a day

a_silent_enigma wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Cool man thanks. :D The pics turned out really nice!! (you even posted the infamous one with the brothers haha. Sorry about that) You need to rename the last group photo "American Mafia" though. :P

WORD

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2006, 21:30 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I was next to you guys when the band arrived at Jaxx, your pics came out really good, I regret not taking pictures with the band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 09:35 
King for a day
King for a day

I posted my pix in the "Links,interviews,and pictures" thread! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2006, 02:24 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

NorthernComfort wrote:
Wow.. so yeah, I made the trip to the east coast, and I have 298 pictures to prove it! :D It was not just awesome but fucking awesome! Unfortunately most of the pics are either really blurry or too dark (I didn't use the flash because the battery life of my camera was already terrible, the only thing stopping me from taking more was the battery dying, and I didn't want to flash out the band from the front row where I was for all 3 shows :D) but there are still some decent ones in there..

The Netherlands Carillon :D
ImageImage

The view.. tulips coming into bloom near the first day of spring.. and a topless Washington Monument

Those are some really nice pictures. Reminds me of some sights that I had seen in the Dutch founded city of Holland, Michigan. They have many things (including the beautiful windmill on Windmill Island) there that were donated by the Dutch people in Holland, Europe, to their "sister city" of Holland in Michigan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2006, 06:12 

I have just uploaded some of the videos that Aaron sent me from this show, so if you wanna see them here they are... as soon as im done with youtube i might drop some download links, i just need time, enjoy :flower:

http://homelandstour.blogspot.com/2006/ ... -jaxx.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2006, 05:09 
King for a day
King for a day

Ultran wrote:
Anthony3 wrote:

MAN!

BEST PIC EVER!! I SWEAR! BEST PIC EVER!! *WARNING*

Very very very very nice :flower: :flower: :flower:

what can i say, i fu**in agree. great pic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6