The Gathering

forum
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 18:50

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 05:20 
Third chance
Third chance

Its all floor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 05:26 
Third chance
Third chance

LordCliff wrote:
I have physical ticket in hand, but...is this a large venue? it has a seating row and number... no floor?

small venue, many people don't like it, but i books all the good bands. also, there are no seats, and the stage is really low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 05:58 
Traveller
Traveller

I don't really care for the venue itself, but yeah they do book the best shows in the area. so, I do end up going there quite a bit.

Low stage and small standing only area near the stage. Most of the time I end up hanging out by the back bar. It's a small elevated area just behind the mixing board usually reserved for the 21+ patrons. Being that it's elevated, you can see pretty good from there.

One cool thing about Jaxx is there is a room with a bar seperate from the show area with plenty of tables and seating. Cool place to hang and talk between bands (or get away for a bit if someones playing you don't like).

It appears a local band Todesbonden has been added as the opener. Haven't checked out any music of them yet, but they are supposedly good for what they do. Apparently celtic, medieval, world music influenced metal....so they could be interesting if you get there early.

My biggest problem with Jaxx is generally they book way too many bands (local openers) for shows and the main acts get shorter sets because of this.
Fortunately this show will have just 4 bands. I doubt TG will play a very long set though. With a scheduled 7pm start for the show, TG will probably not hit the stage till around 10. Sunday night shows usually end kind of early....so I'm hoping for 90 minutes at best for TG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2006, 18:49 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I've seen tons of shows at Jaxx and as others have said they get the best shows in the area! Check out http://www.jaxxroxx.com for upcoming shows. I'll be driving down from the Severna Park/Millersville area. Can't wait! I saw them at the 930 Club a couple years back and they were awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 22:42 
King for a day
King for a day

3 other bands? I'd settle for NONE, and at least 2 hours from The Gathering. No, 3 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 01:14 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I'll be there, Can't wait! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 02:25 
Third chance
Third chance

yeah dude, its gonne rule! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 03:50 
Third chance
Third chance

That it will Anthony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 05:21 
Third chance
Third chance

I will be there! I already got my ticket! :)

And I've booked my flights as well!

Ft. Lauderdale- Wasjhington
Bus to NY
NY- Ft. Lauderdale :)

I wish I could attend the boston show as well, but It would be too rushed... I will enjoy the big apple between the VA and NY shows :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006, 05:52 
Third chance
Third chance

I'll be there too :green:

Looks like everybody's gonna travel to see TG :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 07:04 
King for a day
King for a day

So has anyone booked a hotel for this show yet? Maybe we can meet up and split costs. It would help me out since I'm coming from California and funding this trip completely solo. I'm planning on going to the Boston and New York shows as well so if anyone wants some extra gas money in exchange for a ride, let me know! :D

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 17:48 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Madkill wrote:
My dream has come true, THE GATHERING will be playing around a 15 minutes drive from my house!!! ... :o

My salutes to Anneke AKA "My Wife" (hehehe) and the rest of the gang. Looking forward to a great show and to say "Hi" afterwards.

:D

hell's yeah bro, a dream myself also. I'll be there with bells on!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 23:29 
Third chance
Third chance

a_silent_enigma wrote:
So has anyone booked a hotel for this show yet? Maybe we can meet up and split costs. It would help me out since I'm coming from California and funding this trip completely solo. I'm planning on going to the Boston and New York shows as well so if anyone wants some extra gas money in exchange for a ride, let me know! :D

Hey, I would, I'm coming from Oklahoma. I'm going to try and make it to all the gigs. I have a friend who is in Mass who I think will be able to drive me/anyone else?from airport to Middle east, to the NY, and canada dates... PM me, or email Mercuryinmotion@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 01:47 
King for a day
King for a day

a_silent_enigma wrote:

Hey. I live in Castro Valley, near Oakland. pm me here. I havn't booked my flight yet, I will in the next week. I'm going alone so if you want to split a hotel let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 06:42 
King for a day
King for a day

BridgeToClarity wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Hey. I live in Castro Valley, near Oakland. pm me here. I havn't booked my flight yet, I will in the next week. I'm going alone so if you want to split a hotel let me know.

Cool! Check your PM box. :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 06:45 
King for a day
King for a day

So is anyone driving to the Boston show right after Jaxx?

Post subject: Wanna split too!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 08:13 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

wow, these die-hard fans impress me...!

Last friday night I went for the first time to Jaxx to see The 69 Eyes, and I pretty much liked the place, although... yes, they do have a low stage... But that's good if you are in the front row and would like to touch Anneke's hand.... hehe

I live in Rockville, Maryland, and don't have a car... on friday, I left home at 7pm and was there by 9:30pm... two and half hours on the metro and then the bus... the show ended at 12:30, still with a chance to take the metro (last trains departs from the franconia-springfield station at 2:30am) so I called for a cab to the metro station and was lucky enough to have people around also going to the station, so shared the cab with them too... but I'm not gonna be that lucky for The Gathering, since it's a sunday night show, and the last train departs at 11:30pm - And I'm not gonna leave early, maybe I'll lose the chance to see them playing Eleanor live... even if I have to be at work on monday at 9am. So my plan is not going to a hotel whatsoever ($69 Jaxx special rate - my ass) but waiting around the club until 4:45am when the first bus comes on the way to metro. Hopefully the guys at the SevenEleven store will let me hang out inside so I don't freeze outside... although it's just a couple of days before winter is over. So if anyone else is doing this and wants some company let me know... (now i'm sounding like a whore :s)... fairfax area is pretty safe, i've heard, but still... juan.cadavid@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Wanna split too!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 08:37 
King for a day
King for a day

juanjo_lacrimoso wrote:

Last friday night I went for the first time to Jaxx to see The 69 Eyes, and I pretty much liked the place, although... yes, they do have a low stage... But that's good if you are in the front row and would like to touch Anneke's hand.... hehe

I live in Rockville, Maryland, and don't have a car... on friday, I left home at 7pm and was there by 9:30pm... two and half hours on the metro and then the bus... the show ended at 12:30, still with a chance to take the metro (last trains departs from the franconia-springfield station at 2:30am) so I called for a cab to the metro station and was lucky enough to have people around also going to the station, so shared the cab with them too... but I'm not gonna be that lucky for The Gathering, since it's a sunday night show, and the last train departs at 11:30pm - And I'm not gonna leave early, maybe I'll lose the chance to see them playing Eleanor live... even if I have to be at work on monday at 9am. So my plan is not going to a hotel whatsoever ($69 Jaxx special rate - my ass) but waiting around the club until 4:45am when the first bus comes on the way to metro. Hopefully the guys at the SevenEleven store will let me hang out inside so I don't freeze outside... although it's just a couple of days before winter is over. So if anyone else is doing this and wants some company let me know... (now i'm sounding like a whore :s)... fairfax area is pretty safe, i've heard, but still... juan.cadavid@gmail.com

Dude, that's crazy. You're going to freeze out there. I'm splitting costs with 2 other guys that are going to the show from California. I'm pretty sure you can crash with us. If, by some chance, you can't I'll help you get a room or something. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Wanna split too!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 08:54 
Third chance
Third chance

juanjo_lacrimoso wrote:

Isn't there a greyhound bus station right down the street from the Jaxx? I'd look into sitting in there while you wait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 18:17 
Traveller
Traveller

^ Jaxx is in West Springfield and the Greyhound station is in North Springfield. I think it's about a 2-3 mile walk from Jaxx.

---
Brian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next