The Gathering

forum
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 20:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wanna split too!
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2006, 00:42 
Traveller
Traveller

juanjo_lacrimoso wrote:
wow, these die-hard fans impress me...!

Last friday night I went for the first time to Jaxx to see The 69 Eyes, and I pretty much liked the place, although... yes, they do have a low stage... But that's good if you are in the front row and would like to touch Anneke's hand.... hehe

I live in Rockville, Maryland, and don't have a car... on friday, I left home at 7pm and was there by 9:30pm... two and half hours on the metro and then the bus... the show ended at 12:30, still with a chance to take the metro (last trains departs from the franconia-springfield station at 2:30am) so I called for a cab to the metro station and was lucky enough to have people around also going to the station, so shared the cab with them too... but I'm not gonna be that lucky for The Gathering, since it's a sunday night show, and the last train departs at 11:30pm - And I'm not gonna leave early, maybe I'll lose the chance to see them playing Eleanor live... even if I have to be at work on monday at 9am. So my plan is not going to a hotel whatsoever ($69 Jaxx special rate - my ass) but waiting around the club until 4:45am when the first bus comes on the way to metro. Hopefully the guys at the SevenEleven store will let me hang out inside so I don't freeze outside... although it's just a couple of days before winter is over. So if anyone else is doing this and wants some company let me know... (now i'm sounding like a whore :s)... fairfax area is pretty safe, i've heard, but still... juan.cadavid@gmail.com

Wow, I was at that 69 Eyes show also last Friday night...great show BTW. I don't know about waiting outside all night though. Hopefully it'll be warmer the night of TG. It was FREEZING the night of 69 Eyes.

It's very likely I may be taking a cab back to Rockville after TG...so if you want to split costs that may work. Myself and a friend took a cab back from Jaxx once last year...it was a lot of money. I think around $70, but had no choice at the time. Missed the last train and I needed to be at work very early in the morning.

Also if anyone still needs tickets please PM me. At this point I have 3 extra tickets. Two of my friends are having some problems and can no longer go :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 05:58 
King for a day
King for a day

psss.....(whispering) Any ideas on how we're going to top that crazy chilean crowd?? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 05:57 
Third chance
Third chance

a_silent_enigma wrote:
psss.....(whispering) Any ideas on how we're going to top that crazy chilean crowd?? :lol:

good question... the funny thing is that i am from chile but i live in the US (in maryland, which is why i am coming to the show at jaxx) and i know how the crowds are in chile. most people get to the venue at least 5 or 6 hours before the doors open, and they are really active (crazy) during the show. personally, i think it will be hard to top the chilean crowd, but we can always try :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 06:06 
King for a day
King for a day

the wanderer wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

good question... the funny thing is that i am from chile but i live in the US (in maryland, which is why i am coming to the show at jaxx) and i know how the crowds are in chile. most people get to the venue at least 5 or 6 hours before the doors open, and they are really active (crazy) during the show. personally, i think it will be hard to top the chilean crowd, but we can always try :wink:

Well, more than likely I will be one of the first people there freezing in the cold weather. And I'm definitely going to go CRAZY when they play (I mean how can you NOT? hehe) Hopefully there will be some nuts like me there too. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2006, 06:36 
Third chance
Third chance

a_silent_enigma wrote:
the wanderer wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

Well, more than likely I will be one of the first people there freezing in the cold weather. And I'm definitely going to go CRAZY when they play (I mean how can you NOT? hehe) Hopefully there will be some nuts like me there too. :P

yeah, i will try to get there early also... i really want to be up front since i want to see all of the bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 00:57 
Third chance
Third chance

a_silent_enigma wrote:
Hopefully there will be some nuts like me there too. :P

Don't worry, you won't be the only one ;)

Post subject: From LA
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 04:00 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I I can still get tickets I'm in. I'm taking a 6AM flight out of LA just to see this show. Have some work to do monday and tuesday AM, plan on taking Amtrak up to NYC tuesday PM, coming back wednesday AM for more work and a flight home!

Alas there is no Emoticon for exhausted and happy- but darn it thats how I'll look on the 3AM train out of NY Penn to DC!

Post subject: Re: From LA
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 06:31 
King for a day
King for a day

Vaccinator wrote:
I I can still get tickets I'm in. I'm taking a 6AM flight out of LA just to see this show. Have some work to do monday and tuesday AM, plan on taking Amtrak up to NYC tuesday PM, coming back wednesday AM for more work and a flight home!

Alas there is no Emoticon for exhausted and happy- but darn it thats how I'll look on the 3AM train out of NY Penn to DC!

Wow, I got tired just reading that. You're dedicated! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 08:25 
Traveller
Traveller

^ yeah, me too... and a bit confused by it also :lol: Anyway, hope you get there in time to get a ticket and have fun :) Hope you don't run yourself too much though, sounds like very hectic days ahead for you.

I hope to meet some of you people at the show :)

---
Brian :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 10:29 
Third chance
Third chance

DARK1bc wrote:
^ yeah, me too... and a bit confused by it also :lol: Anyway, hope you get there in time to get a ticket and have fun :) Hope you don't run yourself too much though, sounds like very hectic days ahead for you.

I hope to meet some of you people at the show :)

---
Brian :flower:

yeah, i bet we will see each other. we are going to be some of the devoted fans (freaks) that will get to the show early :wink:

Post subject: The Big Question
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 04:06 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Which Gathering shirt to wear? Souveniers Tour? How to Measure a Planet? The one that came with A Sound Relief special package? Which one best says "I am a real hard core fan"?

Then, assuming you see them twice (or more for those of you lucky folks going to Boston) on this tour, do you wear your shirt from the night before, or do you wear another older shirt? Decisions decisions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 05:32 
Traveller
Traveller

Hmm...speaking of shirts, I really hope they will be selling shirts and other merch at these shows. Haven't heard of any being sold so far on this tour.

Would be nice to meet some of you guys there. Don't know how I'd really recognize anyone though. I might wear a Dead Can Dance shirt (if I don't wear it at the Atlanta show). Anyway, I'll be the sorta tall thin guy with long black hair hanging near the front. Probably going nuts when they play Even the spirits & Travel......so don't be shy and say hi :P

Off to Atlanta soon :green: , so I'll check in here when I get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 06:38 
Third chance
Third chance

i was thinking about wearing the one that came with the a sound relief dvd, but i am not sure yet. i might wear a plain black shirt. anyway, i am sort of short, look like i am 18, short black hair... say hi :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 07:49 
King for a day
King for a day

I'll be there. Flying on the same plane as Zac- Silent Enigma.
Leaving northern california friday night, get to dulles saturday around 630 am.
Gonna try and meet up with Brian. Spending saturday in DC.

If you see a dude in a Candlemass Nightfall shirt, give him money. :D
I won't wear a gathering shirt sunday, maybe saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 16:34 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

What? I bought the DVD but never got a shirt?

the wanderer wrote:
i was thinking about wearing the one that came with the a sound relief dvd, but i am not sure yet. i might wear a plain black shirt. anyway, i am sort of short, look like i am 18, short black hair... say hi :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 17:15 
Third chance
Third chance

rlstjohn wrote:

the wanderer wrote:

well, the end records released a special package before they sold the dvd by itself, and that package included the shirt and a picture signed by the band (or at least it seems like it was). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2006, 17:59 
King for a day
King for a day

the wanderer wrote:
rlstjohn wrote:

the wanderer wrote:

well, the end records released a special package before they sold the dvd by itself, and that package included the shirt and a picture signed by the band (or at least it seems like it was). :wink:

I have that shirt and picture. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2006, 03:07 
Traveller
Traveller

I hope they got their bus fixed!

---
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2006, 06:00 
Traveller
Traveller

DARK1bc wrote:
I hope they got their bus fixed!

---
Brian

I hear you, man. I just checked into my hotel in Springfield after a 12 hour drive from Atlanta today. If they didn't leave texas today, then we have a problem because there is not much time. It is at least 24 hours of constant driving from Austin to Springfield. And Boston is another 8 hours drive away from here. Things could get real messed up.
But I don't mean to cause worry. If I can do this alone, someone will find a way to get them here.
I hope they know how much we appreciate them going through all this trouble to play for so few of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2006, 14:49 
Traveller
Traveller

i heart you guys, hopefully the band will make it up for you all in time. enjoy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next