The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2004, 18:08 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I'll definetly be going to this show. L'amours for all it's worth does attract some decent bands, and this is definetly a show worth seeing. I've been waiting for these guys for awhile.
Best of all i was thrilled to find out that my band is going to be one of the openers!
As for the age situation, if you don't look like you are 12, you will not have a problem getting in, especially if you walk in with other people. I've never seen them card anyone except those wanting to drink. Cheers

http://www.envayne.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2004, 21:16 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

i found out that braindance (http://www.progressivedarkwave.com) is opening also. i read about TG in billboard, and they were mentioned along side, with lacuna, evanescence, etc. i am drooling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2004, 21:37 
Third chance
Third chance

progressivedarkwave.com? I thought dark wave, by definition, was progressive. That's a bit like saying "ATM Machine"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2004, 02:05 
Third chance
Third chance

HeartbeatAmplifier wrote:
Though wouldn't a true fan travel to other shows? Look at what Dead Heads do for their band.... perhaps TG needs more fans like that. :roll:
I'm going to the NYC and Boston shows, does that qualify me as a "true fan"? :wink: By the way, The Dead are not around anymore, just thought i'd let you know. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2004, 02:13 
Third chance
Third chance

Just wondering if anybody knew what was up as far as tickets for the Lamours show go. Ticketmaster isn't selling them online for the show and when i called them they don't have the Gathering show listed for sale at Lamours so i'm wondering what is going on. I know Lamours is closed for renovations right now but does that mean no advance tickets are available?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2004, 15:10 
Third chance
Third chance

dave o wrote:
I'm going to the NYC and Boston shows, does that qualify me as a "true fan"? :wink: By the way, The Dead are not around anymore, just thought i'd let you know. :wink:

No, you need Burn's TG tour travel arrangements.

I thought the surviving members toured around... they sucked anyway, so whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2004, 23:04 
Third chance
Third chance

HeartbeatAmplifier wrote:
dave o wrote:

No, you need Burn's TG tour travel arrangements.

I thought the surviving members toured around... they sucked anyway, so whatever.
Ok, well i'll contact Burn then and ask about TG tour travel arrangements, hope i can get a good deal. :wink: As for the surviving Dead members, yeah some of them tour around in the Summer mostly, i have never seen them.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2004, 04:22 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey everyone,
This is Dan from the band TENEbRAE. My band is opening for The Gathering on Feb 14th @ Lamour. I see some people are looking for tickets, if you would like to save ticketmaster charges, I have tickets available. Please email me at danthemight@thegreatestband.com for all the info on purchacing tickets through us. The tickets are $15 and if you buy from us you will also recieve a free TENEbRAE demo. This should be a great show, finally the Gathering coming to NY, we are all looking foward to it. Also please check out our site http://www.thegreatestband.com , dont be turned off by the name, we support the metal scene very much and if you have a band, web-zine etc... that you would like to have linked up just email me , thank you again and i hope to see you all at this show.
Dan
TENEbRAE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2004, 14:59 
Third chance
Third chance

the greatest band? At least you're not shy about it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2004, 20:26 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

hi all,
does anyone know how long each band will play for, and how long will the whole show be?

thanks

Post subject: Lamour feb 14th
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2004, 21:52 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey,
Yea all openers will play about 30 min sets, im not sure how long the Gathering is playing... but my band , TENEbRAE, is playing that night and we play there a lot and the usual set time for the openers is 30 mins. If you have any more questions about the show or need tickets feel free to email me at danthemighty@thegreatestband.com . Thanks hope to see you at the show.
Dan
TENEbRAE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 08:22 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I just bought 4 tix at the Braindance site mentioned above. They are taking paypal, it's immediate, and I'm American and because all Americans want instant gratification, I'm writing a long response.

...Anyway, if anybody else is interested and didn't get the url, it's

http://www.progressivedarkwave.com/brainmerch.htm

I'm gonna see them at batcave the week before to see if they are good as their website claims to see I should show up early and see them at L'amores.

thebeast

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2004, 23:32 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

beast wrote:
I should show up early and see them at L'amores.

thebeast

Early? What time realisticly are most people going to be there, I assumed they wouldn't let people in before 7:30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2004, 02:56 
Third chance
Third chance

Only a little more than a week to go before the big concert, i can't wait! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2004, 12:31 
Always
Always

Waouh... Seeing TG the 14/02 in a place called l'Amour : what a great St Valentine !!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2004, 21:54 
Third chance
Third chance

well you have to see the venue and the area it's located in before you judge :-? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2004, 03:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Stef wrote:
Waouh... Seeing TG the 14/02 in a place called l'Amour : what a great St Valentine !!! :wink:
I recently broke up with my girlfriend so i could care less about valentines day. Lamours is in the worst part of Brooklyn but to see the Gathering i'll take my chances. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2004, 22:56 
Third chance
Third chance

Finally got it all planned out! I may be overdoing it, but I got my bus tix and everything is good to go!

I just need to have a general idea of what time this concert will be ending... there are a LOT of opening bands, and I've never seen that many bands at a concert, so I'm just wondering, will it most likely run past 1am, and how much longer do you think?

Sorry if that sounds dumb. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2004, 00:18 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I've only been to Lamour's once (when Nightwish was there), and it is kind of a weird setup. They have 2 stages, but half of the bands played on the first stage, then bands started playing on the main stage (I would have thought the reason for two stages would be to cut down on setup time, but I guess that makes too much sense)

The Nightwish show's doors opened 2 hours earlier than this show will be, and they didn't have quite as many opening bands, that show didn't end until midnight.

Also, with 10 opening bands, and assuming each band gets 30 minutes, the earliest I would expect the Gathering to START would be 1am.

With the above said, I am really hoping the rennovations Lamours was doing in January was to allow 2 bands to play simultaneously, that way maybe The Gathering can take the stage around 10:30 or 11, and I can get back to Manhattan before the last bus back home ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2004, 00:57 
Third chance
Third chance

ACiDiC74 wrote:
Also, with 10 opening bands, and assuming each band gets 30 minutes, the earliest I would expect the Gathering to START would be 1am.

Holy God, I hope not. I'm gonna have enough problems wandering around in NYC at 1 am, dont need to make it any later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next