The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2006, 20:45 
Third chance
Third chance

Last night's show was simply...

Beautiful,amazing, admirable, alluring, angelic, appealing, beauteous, bewitching, charming, classy, comely, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enticing, excellent, exquisite, fair, fascinating, fine, foxy, gorgeous, graceful, grand, ideal, lovely, magnificent, marvelous, nice, pleasing, pretty, pulchritudinous, radiant, ravishing, refined, resplendent, shapely, sightly, splendid, statuesque, ThereWas AWeirdOld GuyInFrontRow,stunning, sublime, superb,MarjoleinIsHot , taking, wonderful,

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2006, 21:00 
King for a day
King for a day

Spell Gatherer wrote:
MarjoleinIsHot

I made the same observation yesterday :green:

Burn for King
Burn for Queen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2006, 23:34 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Great show, simply beautiful!

I saw 2 guys filming, one just in front of Anneke and the other one upstairs in front of René. Is there any chance to see a 2-cam bootleg??

Unexpect was really great too. I only knew We, Invaders so I bought Utopia after they played (and the A Sound Relief T-shirt too 8) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2006, 03:21 
Traveller
Traveller

Awesome show, I enjoyed it quite a bit. A lot of songs are really much better in show (in my opinion, Travel was quite awesome).

Any chance someone wrote down the set list? We're trying to remember exactly everything that was played :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 16:50 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

what a show... i had speech impairment afterwards from the yelling and singing i did the entire time! thank god the setlist varied from the one played in boston, there was more variety.

anneke is just the cutest thing alive!

funny enough, i recognize 0x6adb015 from the show. you were standing right behind my friend & i whilst waiting in line to go upstairs (she's blond, i'm a brunette). how did you manage to meet anneke?!?!?! we even did the groupie thing after the show and went behind the venue to meet her but some guy was chasing after us so we didn't manage to stay very long and wait for the band to get onto their buses. lucky you, i would've loved to meet her! she one of my very favorite female artist!

btw, i inquired at the show and yes, they were selling the new release during the tour. the merch guy told me they sold out during the tour i can wiat a bit for it though, i'm still addicted to listening to the new devin townsend band cd!

thank you so much to the gathering for putting on such a great show and to the show promoter for FINALLY bringing the gathering to montreal!

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
And I hear myself breathe
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 17:23 
King for a day
King for a day

Quote:
btw, i inquired at the show and yes, they were selling the new release during the tour. the merch guy told me they sold out during the tour.

I don't think that is true. The new release was not sold on the tour and is not released yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 17:53 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

cenotaphia wrote:
funny enough, i recognize 0x6adb015 from the show. you were standing right behind my friend & i whilst waiting in line to go upstairs (she's blond, i'm a brunette). how did you manage to meet anneke?!?!?! we even did the groupie thing after the show and went behind the venue to meet her but some guy was chasing after us so we didn't manage to stay very long and wait for the band to get onto their buses. lucky you, i would've loved to meet her! she one of my very favorite female artist!

They all were upstairs after the show. I went and got myself a T-shirt, and went upstairs. I saw a bunch of people, and they were waiting for them too. So I sticked around, got to say to Anneke how I enjoyed the show, got somebody to take the pics...

I remember you from the line, but I tought you were there for Unexpect, as I remember you saying that you did not know much about TG... I might have been wrong! ( I tough I recognized you, you were dressed in black! :-) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 14:34 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
They all were upstairs after the show. I went and got myself a T-shirt, and went upstairs. I saw a bunch of people, and they were waiting for them too. So I sticked around, got to say to Anneke how I enjoyed the show, got somebody to take the pics...

I remember you from the line, but I tought you were there for Unexpect, as I remember you saying that you did not know much about TG... I might have been wrong! ( I tough I recognized you, you were dressed in black! )

Actually, at one point, I thought I was the only one there NOT for Unexpect! :lol: My friend & I got stuck next to family members of Unexpect and we were praying the entire time that they would leave after Unexpect played so that we would get the best view of the Gathering. Evenutally they did, yay! I have loved the Gathering for about 6 years now, ever since I started listening to metal music. I wanted to go to Toronto last year to see them live but because of work complications, I couldn't. Nevertheless, patience is a virtue and finally, I got to see them here in my hometown.

So while my friend and I attempted to groupie ourselves at the back of the venue waiting for Anneke and all to leave the venue, all of this while running away from a madman yelling after us, you were backstage taking pictures and chatting it up with Anneke! I think you just put me in my place, hahaha...

BUT I did meet Devin Townsend a year or so ago and he's my all time favorite musician so I guess I shouldn't complain. (If you're a fan of SYL or DTB, I hope that comment stings badly, hahaha)

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 14:38 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

BridgeToClarity wrote:
Quote:
btw, i inquired at the show and yes, they were selling the new release during the tour. the merch guy told me they sold out during the tour.

I don't think that is true. The new release was not sold on the tour and is not released yet.

the merch guy lied to me?!?!?!!? i was fuming because they supposedly sold old. instead of getting local people to run the merch booth, bands should bring their own personal. if they can afford to. the merch people at the mtl show couldn't find cds, didn't know if they had stock of certain things... it was chaos, seriously. and it didn't help that people would go to the booth and remain there 5 minutes choosing between which cd to buy, that just drives me nuts!

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 14:39 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

0x6adb015 wrote:
cenotaphia wrote:

I remember you from the line, but I tought you were there for Unexpect, as I remember you saying that you did not know much about TG... I might have been wrong! ( I tough I recognized you, you were dressed in black! :-) )

BTW, i know very much about TG. Maybe that was a comment my friend made because you did briefly speak to her. We exchanged no words!

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 15:00 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

cenotaphia wrote:
BTW, i know very much about TG. Maybe that was a comment my friend made because you did briefly speak to her. We exchanged no words!

I overheard your conversation in the waiting line, I might have been mistaken.
I noticed the familly too, on the mezzanine? Cute to see those "older" people, that did not look like regular fans, head bobbing to death metal with a glipse of proudness in their eyes... :-)
I enjoyed Unexpect more that I tought I would! They put on a great show, lots of energy.
I bought Mandylion-reeddition from the merch booth, they did not have Home. A T-shirt too!
Morale of the story: Wear "Hello, my name is 0x6adb015!" tags! ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 16:49 
King for a day
King for a day

cenotaphia wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
Quote:

the merch guy lied to me?!?!?!!? i was fuming because they supposedly sold old. instead of getting local people to run the merch booth, bands should bring their own personal. if they can afford to. the merch people at the mtl show couldn't find cds, didn't know if they had stock of certain things... it was chaos, seriously. and it didn't help that people would go to the booth and remain there 5 minutes choosing between which cd to buy, that just drives me nuts!

SO true :lol:

Burn for King
Burn for Queen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 17:15 
King for a day
King for a day

cenotaphia wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
Quote:

He probably didn't know. There were different people selling stuff at all the shows. The opening bands were selling stuff at the merch table, sometimes, after they played. They were even selling TG merchandise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 01:37 
Traveller
Traveller

BridgeToClarity wrote:
He probably didn't know. There were different people selling stuff at all the shows. The opening bands were selling stuff at the merch table, sometimes, after they played. They were even selling TG merchandise.

I think the only time it was really different was in Montreal. There was at least one girl that was at all the other shows. In Toronto, she actually waved to me because she noticed that I was at all the shows. When I went to the concert in Montreal, the only thing I ever spoke was "where is the concert?" I wasn't gonna let on that I couldn't understand a word of what everyone spoke :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 14:48 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

all in all, besides bad service at the merch booth and barbie doll with the overwhelming flowery perfume sitting next to me during Unexpect, the show was a success!

bravo TG, come back to Mtl anytime!

Creeping Death, holy shit, you're so devoted to the band? my dream is to tour across Canada with the Devin Townsend Band. Maybe one summer when I get enough time off from work.

hmmmmmmmm back to my tim horton's coffee... i can't function unless the caffeine kicks in.

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 14:52 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

BTW, there was a guy at the show with a completely shaved head all the way at the front of the stage. i could've SWORN this guy was a guy i knew from way back living somewhere in ontario that i kinda lost contact with. so after the show, i went up to him and said ''are you colin?'' and he's giving me the eyebrow thing, looks at his friends strangely and says ''no...''

if you are this guy, i am sorry i may have traumatized you! i wasn't attempting a cheap pick-up line, i honestly though you were a guy i knew by the name of colin!

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2006, 15:17 
Third chance
Third chance

cenotaphia wrote:
my dream is to tour across Canada with the Devin Townsend Band. Maybe one summer when I get enough time off from work.

I got hooked on Devin when he did Steve Vai's Sex & Religion! When he tries to be diverse, you can REALLY see his talent. He can have such a beautiful singing voice and nobody screams like him. :) I'm not a big fan of SYL, but his other stuff is awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 15:01 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

memento wrote:
cenotaphia wrote:
my dream is to tour across Canada with the Devin Townsend Band. Maybe one summer when I get enough time off from work.

I got hooked on Devin when he did Steve Vai's Sex & Religion! When he tries to be diverse, you can REALLY see his talent. He can have such a beautiful singing voice and nobody screams like him. :) I'm not a big fan of SYL, but his other stuff is awesome!

devin is the weirdest human being alive and the innovative gyuitarists out there, imo!

glad to read that there are other DTB fans!

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 16:39 
Third chance
Third chance

I think Infinity is severely underrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 23:02 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

memento wrote:
I think Infinity is severely underrated.

i second that. as well as oceanmachine.

Miles and miles I run

I hear my feet
heavily

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next