2 tickets for sale for because we won't make it to go there.. :(

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

Tickets are sold (to me luckily!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 10:04 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

lex_icon wrote:
Grrr.. that sucks! There is no opinion to buy a ticket! @doornroosje.nl, u must have a credit card.. even for the print

Thats very unorganized at all :(

I didnt need a creditcard at all :surprised:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2006, 14:29 
Always
Always

Whooaaa I'm so exited!! Can't wait till Saturday!!!! :flower: :flower:

Post subject: A meeting?
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2006, 19:41 
Third chance
Third chance

Heyyyy ppl :green:, are you gonna get together (for a drink-or-two & chat etc) before or after the show?

Cheers,

Huoneusto

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2006, 09:35 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

thanks to our lovely NS, people who have to travel between arnhem en nijmegen this weekend (like me) have to go by bus cause there'll be no trains, what a nice surprise :evil:

Post subject: ticket
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 14:11 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey,

My friend can't come with us to the concert tomorrow because he is operated yesterday. Now we have one ticket left and we couldn't return it at the ticket office. Maybe someone is interested in this last minute ticket? Mail me at evelienbakker@hotmail.com

Greetings

Evelien

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2006, 21:49 
Traveller
Traveller

ZwarteMagika wrote:
thanks to our lovely NS, people who have to travel between arnhem en nijmegen this weekend (like me) have to go by bus cause there'll be no trains, what a nice surprise :evil:

Yes, that definitely makes my travel plans more difficult :-? Especially as I'm not familiar with the Netherlands. Think I got it all sorted out eariler today at the train station. Will require switching trains & taking a bus for part of the trip.

One thing I'm still a bit unclear on it tickets. I guess the pre reserved tickets can be picked up at the Lux?? Or do I need to pick them up at the Doornroosje address?

Will surely be amazing to see TG in their hometown.....hope to see some of you there :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 09:02 
Third chance
Third chance

drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
Yes, that definitely makes my travel plans more difficult :-? Especially as I'm not familiar with the Netherlands. Think I got it all sorted out eariler today at the train station. Will require switching trains & taking a bus for part of the trip.

Hmm. I took the train from Shciphol to Nijmegen and everything went just fine, no buses involved (I hate 'em). On the way back to Schiphol there was even some action during the trip, as someone jumped(?) on the tracks and and, well, the train stopped for fifteen minutes and continued as if nothing had happened :o

One thing I'm still a bit unclear on it tickets. I guess the pre reserved tickets can be picked up at the Lux?? Or do I need to pick them up at the Doornroosje address?

Heh :D This one was unclear to me too - I walked some n kilometers from the city center to Doornroosje (or actually I missed it by one kilometer or so first, the second iteration was a success though) just to be informed that the tickets must be picked up at the Lux... Well, at least I got some exercise in form of walking in vain.

Will surely be amazing to see TG in their hometown.....hope to see some of you there :wink:

It surely was worth going. The show itself was AMAZING (and the venue was great). Btw, did you spot Anneke or Marjolein after the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 21:43 
Traveller
Traveller

Huoneusto wrote:

Hmm. I took the train from Shciphol to Nijmegen and everything went just fine, no buses involved (I hate 'em). On the way back to Schiphol there was even some action during the trip, as someone jumped(?) on the tracks and and, well, the train stopped for fifteen minutes and continued as if nothing had happened :o

Glad to hear you got there smoothly....other than the drama with the jumper of course.
I ended up taking the train from Amsterdam to Arnhem and taking a bus the rest of the way. The bus part was a hassle....too many stops, but got there eventually. Took a bus again the next morning to Anrhem and got a train there back to Schiphol.

Huoneusto wrote:
It surely was worth going. The show itself was AMAZING (and the venue was great). Btw, did you spot Anneke or Marjolein after the show?

I did stay awhile after the gig....maybe 30 minutes but I did not see Anneke or Marjolein. Maybe if I had stayed around longer.

Well after a bit of rest after a LONG tiresome 17 hour journey home I can reflect better on the great experience of the show.
Luckily the Lux was a short walk from my hotel.....although I did have some trouble finding the place. A real nice small intimate venue. I was pleasantly suprised it was a standing gig. I was thinking it would probably be seated. Anyway got there real early, so I was near the start of the line to get in. I got a good spot against the stage between Anneke & Marjolein to see the show.

I didn't really get into the opening band Drive by Wire. I guess they were decent enough at what they do....just not to my tastes.

Once again TG were simply amazing :o , I know it was the same set list as the Paradiso show...I believe in the same order as well. I did get a copy of the setlist after the show. :D I did think the sound was better at the Paradiso (just crystal clear there), although being up at the stage is not a good place to be for acoustics.

I really enjoyed the new animations they used.....some were familiar to me from last years Paradiso DVD show, but the newer ones especially Box & Even the Spirits were really beautiful and added to the mood of the music.

I did hang out awhile after the gig to chat with Hans, Rene & Frank. Always a great pleasure to talk to them. I mostly wanted to thank and congratulate them for an amazing gig. There was tons of things I'd like to have asked them, but being this was their hometown gig, they had quite a bit of family & friends present....so I didn't wish to bother them too much :green: Although from talking with them it seemed fairly likely TG may make a return to the US next year. :D

After the show during the walk to my hotel the city was really alive....true it was a Saturday night, but I was suprised to see so many outdoor cafes and bars buzzing with people. I was thinking Nijmegen would be a small kind of quiet reserved city. Wish I was staying longer.....seems like a real fun place.

Unfortunately, didn't meet anyone from here, but I don't know what most people look like here to recognize them. I'm pretty sure I did see Burn, but he looked real busy so regretably I never introduced myself.

Truly an awesome time for me, I'm starting to think and plan my next return. :wink: