The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 15:30 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

So. Just got back home.
The show was good, but not as good as the ones I saw in Greece earlier this year.The sound wasn't that great, especially Anneke's voice on the first songs could have been a little louder.
And the whole atmosphere, the whole magic was gone.
All the guys were concerned mostly on their instruments, and there was little interaction beetween them or with the crowd.
A friend also told me he noticed a little hic-up by Rene on Eleanor.I didn't see it , but I'll watch the videos and make my own opinion.
Anyway, I talked to some friends who were backstage and they told me Anneke spent little time with the band, she stayed more with the guys from Anathema... It seems the mood was not very high within the band.
In the end it was great I managed to see them once again, but not for the last time. Although I'm broke after Artmania, I'm going to The Czech Republic and Finland no matter what!
See ya all there!

Last edited by kadaverul on 22 Jun 2007, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 20:30 
Always
Always

THE GAHTERING - Live Footage - Artmania Fest
http://www.metalheadtv.com/TV6/3.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 20:41 
Always
Always

kadaverul wrote:
Anyway, I talked to some friends who were backstage and they told me Anneke spent little time with the band, she stayed more with the guys from Anathema... It seems the mood was not very high within the band.

:(
I really hope I can catch any of them after the Czech show. This way to handle the whole situation seems a bit strange - I didn't really expect anything like this. Okay, in the band everything has been talked and talked around I guess (I hope) and it's not really time for some last big embraces and everything. But what you told about the show makes me feel a bit that Anneke already feels like she's playing with a band she doesn't belong anymore.

Please anyone who was there, tell me this wasn't so. Or just opinions. Honest ones.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Anneke appeared in Anathema...

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 22:00 
Traveller
Traveller

Or.. maybe she just wanted to spend time with some people she would usually only see at a festival like this. Just a thought..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 22:18 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

[quote=" But what you told about the show makes me feel a bit that Anneke already feels like she's playing with a band she doesn't belong anymore.

quote]
My personal feeling( and unfortunately I'm not wrong very often) is that they all feel like they are playing in a band they don't belong anymore.
A friend of mine met them in Sibiu and the guys who are staying in the band(aka Rene, Hans, Frank, and Marjolein) were very bummed out, very sad...Something like "why do we have to be here? "
They were all very friendly, but she told me that they seemed to have something else on their mind...
P.S. My friend also knew the guy from Holland who gave them the info on "How to Measure a Planet?" (that's right, he's an astronomer ).
He was in Sibiu and the band promised to be around The Big Square after the show ends, to meet some fans and talk to them. They never did. :(
They got on the mini-bus, went to the hotel, and next morning straight to the airport and back to Holland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 01:57 
Always
Always

http://concerte.rockul.info/artmania-festival-2007/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 02:21 
Always
Always

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2007, 15:40 
Third chance
Third chance

kadaverul wrote:
(...)
And the whole atmosphere, the whole magic was gone.
All the guys were concerned mostly on their instruments, and there was little interaction beetween them or with the crowd.
(...) Anyway, I talked to some friends who were backstage and they told me Anneke spent little time with the band, she stayed more with the guys from Anathema... It seems the mood was not very high within the band.

Well it wouldn't make much sense otherwise!!
It's obvious that this was a VERY difficult day for all of them. You just know that the chances are very high for cancellation. I hope it will not happen for the next two festivals but the scenario remains a realistic one... :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 11:21 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

hi, i was really busy, sorry i let you wait for so long for the pictures... how do i post the pictures here? i have no damn idea how to do that... :P[/url][/list][/list][/code]

Post subject:
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

hi, i was really busy, sorry i let you wait for so long for the pictures... how do i post the pictures here? i have no damn idea how to do that... :P

Post subject:
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

hi, i was really busy, sorry i let you wait for so long for the pictures... how do i post the pictures here? i have no damn idea how to do that... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 18:31 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

kadaverul wrote:
P.S. My friend also knew the guy from Holland who gave them the info on "How to Measure a Planet?" (that's right, he's an astronomer ).
He was in Sibiu and the band promised to be around The Big Square after the show ends, to meet some fans and talk to them. They never did. :(
They got on the mini-bus, went to the hotel, and next morning straight to the airport and back to Holland.

I may be wrong but you might talk about me here :-? Is Adina your friend ?

I'm indeed an astronomer and passed them some info about HTMAP but I'm from Belgium :wink:

We indeed couldn't meet them after the gig but I don't think the problem was they didn't want to meet the fans but just that we arrived more than one hour after the gig since we watched My dying Bride. So we couldn't enter the VIP area as we had no pass and we could barely see them since they were quite far away in the dark.

They left Sibiu at around midnight so it wasn't straight after the gig. And indeed they went back to Holland the day after but they usually do that, I don't see how you can interpret this info in such a bad way. I met them at the airport the day after and couldn't see any problem between them although I actually spoke mainly to Frank and Marjo. Obviously their minds might be concentrated for the future, Hans and Frank told me they have already new material for new songs, they just want to take their time to take the right decision for the next singer(s?). It's quite hard of course for them to play those gigs as if nothing happened, they knew Anneke was leaving the band before us and their minds might be directed to the future but on stage they played as usual I think. The guys have never a lot of interactions with the audience, it's mainly Anneke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 21:41 

Hervé!!!

Nice surprise! :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2007, 12:43 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I am a friend of Adina indeed.We go to medical school together in Bucharest. She might have told you something about me, I went to Greece in february to see them twice. All my comments about Sibiu we in contrast to what I've seen in Greece. That's it. I didn't interpret anything as bad or good. It was a simple comparisson beetween the shows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10