The Gathering

forum
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 12:26 
King for a day
King for a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 12:56 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

My heart totally stopped beating when I read this on emptyspiral
IT HAS TO BE TRUE!
Its like.. OMG... I would have to fly over if its possible.. I hope I could fly over if this is really true

and I think they go to canada together as well.

My 2 fav. bands playing together? Its amazing!! I hope they come to europe as well! but *tears* I dont think they will

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 13:43 
Always
Always

:o
you are so lucky there!i wish i could see this..

Myrte don't have false hopes this will never happen to europe.If it happens it will be the last concert i will ever go :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 14:09 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

panos wrote:
:o
you are so lucky there!i wish i could see this..

Myrte don't have false hopes this will never happen to europe.If it happens it will be the last concert i will ever go :)

I know they wont go to europe with this, but it would def. be something to dream about, like from now untill I die :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 14:22 
Always
Always

9 years ago this band was supporting The Gathering...now The Gathering supports them! :o

I would never imagine myself being against such horrible news...but too many things changed since then isn't it?

I hate Lacuna Coil for their attitude...much more than you imagine! :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 14:41 
Always
Always

Prowler213 wrote:

Hatred is not a healthy feeling...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 16:11 
Third chance
Third chance

Quote:
I hate Lacuna Coil for their attitude...much more than you imagine!

What attitudes do they have?
I've met everyone in LC, they spend alot of time talking with there fans before and after shows, and they're some of the nicest people I've ever met.

This tour is extremely good for The Gathering. It gives them more American exposure, which can only be a positive for record sales and there own future headlining US tours.
Lacuna Coil is doing really well in the US, and you should be thanking them for having TG on there tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 18:12 

If this is true I'll be super happy for the band cause they toured with LC 9 years ago.. and they appreciate each other...
As far as i know LC they're really cool guys.. so they shoulndt play dickhead and givie the max space TG can get as a support act...

and finally TG will reach a larger audience... well lets wait and see if it's confirmed by the band...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 19:18 
King for a day
King for a day

Jeffs wrote:
I've met everyone in LC, they spend alot of time talking with there fans before and after shows, and they're some of the nicest people I've ever met.

This tour is extremely good for The Gathering. It gives them more American exposure, which can only be a positive for record sales and there own future headlining US tours.
Lacuna Coil is doing really well in the US, and you should be thanking them for having TG on there tour.

@Jeffs and Burn: thanx for posting my message :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 21:42 
King for a day
King for a day

Prowler213 wrote:
9 years ago this band was supporting The Gathering...now The Gathering supports them! :o

I would never imagine myself being against such horrible news...but too many things changed since then isn't it?

What attitude?! I met them a few times and they are super nice people like The Gathering. Maybe this tour would be bad for you, it sure wouldn't be for me. As far as supporting Lacuna Coil in the US, it's a good way for The Gathering to make NEW FANS. Not just the fans that already know the band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 21:44 
King for a day
King for a day

Burn wrote:
If this is true I'll be super happy for the band cause they toured with LC 9 years ago.. and they appreciate each other...
As far as i know LC they're really cool guys.. so they shoulndt play dickhead and givie the max space TG can get as a support act...

and finally TG will reach a larger audience... well lets wait and see if it's confirmed by the band...

Exactly true. And they are really nice people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 22:32 
Third chance
Third chance

Jeffs wrote:
Quote:
I hate Lacuna Coil for their attitude...much more than you imagine!

What attitudes do they have?

Exactly.

The Gathering will most likely be playing to sold out crowds every night on this tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 22:35 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Yes! I hope their are more Midwest dates for The Gathering.

I really wanted to see them last year, but all of the U.S. dates were way too far from Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2007, 23:15 
King for a day
King for a day

chicagofan wrote:
Yes! I hope their are more Midwest dates for The Gathering.

I really wanted to see them last year, but all of the U.S. dates were way too far from Chicago.

Fly or drive to other places if you can get a ride.
I'll be going to any california dates and a week or so on the east or wherever the gathering dates will be. If this happens. :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 00:31 
Traveller
Traveller

Wow! :o This a suprise to hear. I'll wait for the band to confirm before I get TOO excited.....but if this happens I think I'll be using my vacation time in May to see as many of these gigs as possible.

According to Blabbermouth.net Within Temptation is supposed to be support for the first half of the tour & TG for the 2nd half.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67962

They have 2 date listed so far..

May 07 - Louisville, KY @ Headliner's Music Hall (w/ WITHIN TEMPTATION)
May 17 - Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop (w/ THE GATHERING)

Well see...hopefully Hans will post some news soon.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Lacuna Coil at all, but I do agree it's an excellent opportunity for TG to gain considerably more exposure here in the States.

I guess the biggest minus would be as a supporting act, it's doubtful TG will get a long set time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 00:45 
King for a day
King for a day

drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
Wow! :o This a suprise to hear. I'll wait for the band to confirm before I get TOO excited.....but if this happens I think I'll be using my vacation time in May to see as many of these gigs as possible.

According to Blabbermouth.net Within Temptation is supposed to be support for the first half of the tour & TG for the 2nd half.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67962

They have 2 date listed so far..

May 07 - Louisville, KY @ Headliner's Music Hall (w/ WITHIN TEMPTATION)
May 17 - Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop (w/ THE GATHERING)

Well see...hopefully Hans will post some news soon.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Lacuna Coil at all, but I do agree it's an excellent opportunity for TG to gain considerably more exposure here in the States.

I guess the biggest minus would be as a supporting act, it's doubtful TG will get a long set time.

Come on Hans, do it! :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

as far as set time most main support gets 45 minutes time. Since I'll see them at least 5 times on the tour and I really like LC it is fine for me. Plus I want to see Within Temptation a couple of times too. I hope TG comes to the west coast dates, if they are on this tour.

Plus TG could play a headline gig on an off night? :tw: :tw: :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 02:18 

I dont want to disappoint you but on the Lacuna website it says LC is supporting another band in the US during march/april...
are they really gonna follow up with a another US tour headlining?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 03:14 
King for a day
King for a day

Burn wrote:
I dont want to disappoint you but on the Lacuna website it says LC is supporting another band in the US during march/april...
are they really gonna follow up with a another US tour headlining?

This is after that tour in May. That tour is the Jägermeister Tour Stone Sour, Lacuna Coil and Shadows Fall.

Lacuna Coil got a lot of fans in the US by touring, touring, and more touring! They did a tour with Rob Zombie, then Danzig, then they were going to headline but this Jagermeister slot was too good for them to pass on, so they delayed the headline tour for this. So they have done 3 US tours so far just for the Karmacode album alone. After Jagermeister tour is supposed to be a headline tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 10:21 
Always
Always

Their attitude to have a totally american sound really gets on my nerves...

Also their attitude on their performances with Christina becoming a sex symbol instead of a good singer - and she is just a good singer and nothing MORE! Anneke is a PERFORMER and doesn't show her sex apeal to have more albums sold!

Also she has said terrible things in the beginning for the former members of the band and she is always saying that she is the band = see all the covers of the magazines!Most of them it is only her...

Also I don't appreciate the bands that has all the fame after Evanescence success in America...and also their music is really close to what America is playing now = nothing to do with their material in the beginning!

In my opinion if The Gathering DO really want to have bigger audience they have to be the support act for Portishead's new album!They don't belong to this audience...this is mass not audience!

All these are my opinions and nothing more...and I am talking about their attitude as a band to their art!Not to their fans or to the Gathering as a band! :D

And all these is like gain reputation on Celtic Frost and want after 10 years to have them as support..it is ridiculous for me!And maybe this is a reason for the Gathering to cancel their performance on the female fest in autumn... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007, 10:30 
Always
Always

pantelis79 wrote:
Prowler213 wrote:

Hatred is not a healthy feeling...

Fuel for hatred

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next