The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:38

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 08:48 
Third chance
Third chance

Agreed, that was an amazing show; it met and exceeded my high expectations. As soon as within temptation took the stage it was a full on mindblowing experience to the end. I don't care what anyone says, WT is a great band, The Heart of Everything rules and Sharon is a goddess among goddesses. haha. Also my favorite performance of LC since the Comalies tours. I'm actually starting to like Karmacode. As for the Gatherings performance, I don't recall many details except I thought I knew what every song was about. lmao. cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 15:27 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Nice pictures, Abbath. I must say I'm jealous of you getting a drum stick. I like to collect them from my favorite drummers when I see them, and I completely forgot to ask Hans if I could have one when I saw them in Regina. I think I was too enthralled by his playing in Travel, and all I could muster was a thumbs-up at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 18:43 
King for a day
King for a day

Abbath wrote:
Hey,

I have uploaded the pics i took in Vancouver and Seattle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grish333/

Sadly, i only have 3 pica from Vancouver show -long story-

Enjoy

-->Gerardo

Great job , Abbath! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 19:32 
Third chance
Third chance

BridgeToClarity wrote:
Now if we can just get The Gathering to tour with Within Temptation in the states, when they come back around in September. Those bands were perfect playing back to back, and fans of WT that were behind me started asking me questions about The Gathering (cause I had a TG shirt on). They really enjoyed TG and even asked me what country they were from. Despite the fact that they had come there to see Within Temptation, they had never even heard of The Gathering before. A US tour of Within Temptation and The Gathering, could only be a great thing for both bands.

Wait, WT are coming back to the US in september? TG touring with them in the US sounds like it would be awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 19:44 
King for a day
King for a day

Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
Now if we can just get The Gathering to tour with Within Temptation in the states, when they come back around in September. Those bands were perfect playing back to back, and fans of WT that were behind me started asking me questions about The Gathering (cause I had a TG shirt on). They really enjoyed TG and even asked me what country they were from. Despite the fact that they had come there to see Within Temptation, they had never even heard of The Gathering before. A US tour of Within Temptation and The Gathering, could only be a great thing for both bands.

Wait, WT are coming back to the US in september? TG touring with them in the US sounds like it would be awesome.

I dont think it's confirmed yet but I heard Within Temptation will do a headline tour here, around then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 19:48 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:

Sharon mentioned September or October. Nothing sounded definite. If they do come back, hopefully, they can play the Showbox (a much better venue IMO)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 20:07 
Third chance
Third chance

BridgeToClarity wrote:
Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:

I dont think it's confirmed yet but I heard Within Temptation will do a headline tour here, around then.

If they were going to tour with TG it'd make sense for TG to headline since they've toured here more than WT. A co-headlining tour would be perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 20:17 
King for a day
King for a day

Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:

If they were going to tour with TG it'd make sense for TG to headline since they've toured here more than WT. A co-headlining tour would be perfect.

I wish, but I think Within Temptation is much more known here, despite the fact that they never toured here before. They have a bigger label ptomoting them in the states, I suppose. Both bands getting equal time would rule. Getting The Gathering to come back, well maybe we can start begging NOW! :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 22:32 
Always
Always

BridgeToClarity wrote:

Who is that woman singing with Anthony? :lol:

Like the flat brink of a cloud
Like a dark night in autumn
A black winter day..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 22:36 
Always
Always

BridgeToClarity wrote:

Within Temptation comes on. Sharon is inches away from us belting out songs with that amazing voice. Getting the crowd into every minute of it. They were even better than I expected them to be. I have seen the Within Temptation DVD's but you have to experience bands to really find out what they are made of and Within Temptation are an amazing live band. No doubt about it. It was so much fun to be there. To top it all off, me and Anthony had the best view in the place, front center. Then Sharon is saying something about the song "What Have You Done". Next thing I know she is doing the fucking song and handing the mic to Anthony3 for the Caputo parts! The bastard is singing it better than Caputo! It was totally crazy. I couldn't believe it! LMFAO. Every song ruled. The sound was great for their set. I can't wait to see them Friday in San Francisco.

The crowd reaction to them was so huge, I was worried that the greatest band there will ever be, would have a let down. It never happened. We had to make some noise for our band! It was great. The band sounded perfect. I know they made some new fans at the Seattle show.
Other than the heat and lack of water, it was already going down as my favorite gig ever.

I got a couple decent pics of The Gathering and Within Temptation but when Lacuna started playing I had to use what energy I had left, fighting from getting my legs crushed into the barrier, headbanging, and singing. I didnt even try to take pics of them at this show.

When Lacuna started playing, that's when problems really started happening for us. People started trying to surge forward. Where the hell could they go? It wasn't too bad, for the other bands sets. Some people just have no brain at all. Regardless of all that crap. The Coil brought on another great performance. The place was going nuts. By the time it was over, I think even Cristina said it was the best show they ever had been a part of, or something like that. It really was.

I got to see my favorite band and my 3 favorite singers playing back to back.

Sounds great Phill and guys.I guess the trip ended up in a perfect way.I just wish i could live this thing-seeing two of my favorite bands together performing!

Like the flat brink of a cloud
Like a dark night in autumn
A black winter day..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 22:38 
Third chance
Third chance

BridgeToClarity wrote:
Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:
Overkill wrote:
BridgeToClarity wrote:

I wish, but I think Within Temptation is much more known here, despite the fact that they never toured here before. They have a bigger label ptomoting them in the states, I suppose. Both bands getting equal time would rule. Getting The Gathering to come back, well maybe we can start begging NOW! :green:

I wonder how TG got the direct support slot for this show then. Perhaps because they're friends with LC? Having TG back in the US again in september would be stupendously awesome, and a tour with WT would probably give them many new fans, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 23:23 
Third chance
Third chance

Best gig ever. Take all the energy of the BA gigs and cram it into 50 minutes...you get Seattle. I guess maybe not "best" as in "better" but, it had that specialness to it, and even among all the TG shows I've seen, it was probably THE MOST intense I've been to, The Gathering was fucking HEAVY that night. The American Mafia reared it's ugly head again.
I'm not even a WT (i did recognize their last song though) or LC (about 50% of their songs I knew) fan really, but enjoyed both their sets a lot. The energy was much more positive than Vancouver, I didn't hear any assholes yelling shit about the Gathering this time.

Edit: Wait, it was better, I got a drum stick.

The_Big_Sleep...er wrote:
LordCliff wrote:
Best gig ever.

f*ck that. We saw TG twice in Buenos Aires and once in Santiago and you're telling us this is your favorite gig ever? A 50 minute gig? I don't believe you. NO way. Great minds don't always think alike, but no way in hell I'm buying that shit. And you know I'm not the mindless-passionate one :P

Glad to know it was a great gig anyway...

NP: Anathema - Inner Silence (live @ Chile 2006)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 15:16 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Quote:
Edit: Wait, it was better, I got a drum stick

Yeah, rub it in. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2007, 18:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jun 2007, 20:36 
Third chance
Third chance

LordCliff wrote:
Best gig ever. Take all the energy of the BA gigs and cram
it into 50 minutes...you get Seattle. I guess maybe not "best" as in "better"
but, it had that specialness to it, and even among all the TG shows I've seen,
it was probably THE MOST intense I've been to, The Gathering was fucking HEAVY
that night. The American Mafia reared it's ugly head again. I'm not even a WT
(i did recognize their last song though) or LC (about 50% of their songs I knew)
fan really, but enjoyed both their sets a lot. The energy was much more
positive than Vancouver, I didn't hear any assholes yelling shit about the
Gathering this time.

Yes. The energy at the Seattle gig was definitely more intense than any show
I've ever been to[1]. I was amazed to hear people chanting and rocking out for
both Dutch openers. After the back-to-back sets of Within Temptation and The
Gathering ending with the most intense performance ever (Eleanor), I was
already spent and had to step outside to breathe and get some air and water.

I don't think I could pay much attention to Lacuna Coil that night after
The Gathering, but I'll have a better chance to enjoy Lacuna Coil tonight since
The Gathering won't be around to blow them off the stage ;)

[1] - not saying much since I'm from LA and the crowd here is jaded

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2007, 03:44 
King for a day
King for a day

My pics are up from this show and Vancouver.

http://community.webshots.com/user/BridgeToClarity

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2007, 21:24 
Traveller
Traveller

I've posted my pictures online. Here's the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8780266@N05/sets/

PostPosted: 29 May 2008, 15:13 
Traveller
Traveller

I was just thinking... It has now been one year since this amazing show.

PostPosted: 29 May 2008, 15:46 
King for a day
King for a day

Its been a year?? damn it... time goes fast.

Good memories, thats for sure. The bad thing its that now im sitting in the office programing some Sql server shit, while a year ago we were hanging out at Seattle :(

-->G

PostPosted: 30 May 2008, 11:51 
Third chance
Third chance

All this time and I still haven't figured out how to build a time machine to bring me back to this show :-|