The Gathering

forum
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 07:22 
Traveller
Traveller

I've had quite a long day traveling, but here I am in Seattle! I took a little drive around the area after dinner. Tomorrow I'm gonna go do some things. There is a folk festival down at Seattle Center this weekend. This city is giving off a cool vibe. I think the show is gonna be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 01:39 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I'm interested to see what kind of crowd shows up for this one. I've only seen more death/black metal oriented shows at El Corazon. Well, no, I also saw Nightwish there.

I'm guessing since it's All Ages there will be a lot of the Hot Topic high school crowd there.

In any event - very much looking forward to finally see The Gathering!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 16:00 
Third chance
Third chance

Creeping Death wrote:
I've had quite a long day traveling, but here I am in Seattle! I took a little drive around the area after dinner. Tomorrow I'm gonna go do some things. There is a folk festival down at Seattle Center this weekend. This city is giving off a cool vibe. I think the show is gonna be great.

You are not going to the Vancouver gig??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 16:30 
Traveller
Traveller

I'm driving up to Vancouver this morning. I just wanted to spend the weekend here first. See you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 03:27 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Only one day away! Ahhhhh!!
Does anybody know if the El Corazon has parking?
And do you think cameras will be allowed?
I hope to see several awesome people wearing Gathering shirts tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 15:46 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

There are a couple of pay parking lots near the club. The club itself does not have parking, though.

You may be able to find side street (free) parking too - depending on what time you arrive at the gig.

\m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2007, 23:41 
Third chance
Third chance

Best gig ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 00:07 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

The Gathering has always been one of my favorite bands, but nobody I know has even heard of them. So it was a wonderful experience to chant, "GATHERING, GATHERING" as loud as I could along with many other devoted fans last night.

Here is the setlist for those who are curious:
Shortest Day
Alone
Even the Spirits Are Afraid
Probably Built in the Fifties
Saturnine
Monsters
Strange Machines

It was a pretty energetic crowd so I was hoping to hear Liberty Bell, but oh well, I certainly can't complain.

Anneke and Marjolean were the only members who seemed to be having a good time. The others looked miserable as hell, but they still played really well. Perhaps they were aggrivated by how insanely hot it was inside that venue. It was a very hot day in Seattle and with so many people packed like rats inside a building like that, I'm surprised people weren't fainting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 01:58 
King for a day
King for a day

Just arrived to LA some minutes ago... and what can i say!?!?!? AMAZING

Honestly, i never expected a show like this one in the States. Been in the front only 10 Cms aways from the band, headbanging and chanting all the time was fucking great!! Only 7 songs, but damn, the band sound was so heavy... amazing

It was really nice to meet u all, i had lots of fun with u all.

Thanks to the band and crew (Well, the only crew was Woulter jaja) for been, as always, really nice and for all the nice words (WHat the hell are u doing here!?!?!)

And my special thanks goes to Aaron. Thanks for your help . U rule (Even if u think St Anger is a GREAT album). C u at WOA :tw:

-->

PS I will upload my pics tomorrow.

PS 2 Paul, next time we will drive to Amsterdam, thats for sure, jaja

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 01:58 
Third chance
Third chance

LordCliff wrote:
Best gig ever.

Yeah dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 02:11 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

It was great to see the gig sold out!

Also - didn't Sharon from WT ask Anthony3 a question or something? I just heard the name Anthony3 come over the PA inbetween tunes.

If memory serves didn't they end with Eleanor last night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 02:17 
King for a day
King for a day

Sharon asked his name cos he was doing backing vocals :wink:

Set List

-Shortest Day
-Alone
-Spirits
-Probably
-Saturnine
-Monsters
-Eleanor

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 02:50 
Third chance
Third chance

Incarpathia wrote:
Also - didn't Sharon from WT ask Anthony3 a question or something? I just heard the name Anthony3 come over the PA inbetween tunes.

I sang Keith Caputo's part on the song What Have You Done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 03:38 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Anthony3 wrote:
Incarpathia wrote:

I sang Keith Caputo's part on the song What Have You Done.

Ahh, cool! Kudos to all you guys that travelled from all over the US/globe to see the band!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 04:04 
Third chance
Third chance

LordCliff wrote:
Best gig ever.

f*ck that. We saw TG twice in Buenos Aires and once in Santiago and you're telling us this is your favorite gig ever? A 50 minute gig? I don't believe you. NO way. Great minds don't always think alike, but no way in hell I'm buying that shit. And you know I'm not the mindless-passionate one :P

Glad to know it was a great gig anyway...

NP: Anathema - Inner Silence (live @ Chile 2006)

Last edited by The_Big_Sleep...er on 31 May 2007, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 06:10 
Third chance
Third chance

This was definitely the most energetic crowd I've ever seen for opening bands.
Cheers to everybody at the show, both the crowd and bands were truly amazing.
Never did I expect a show like this to ever take place in the United States, but
fortunately I was very, very wrong :)

A huge thanks to Lacuna Coil and all the organizers for putting together such a
great line-up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 07:06 
King for a day
King for a day

First of all, about the bad garbage. The idiots at the show last night couldn't ruin the greatest concert I've ever been to. Out of the 26 years i've been going to gigs, but they sure tried.

I think there were too many tickets sold for that venue. The heat was fucking incredible. They should have had fans and given more water out. A few times I felt so dizzy and dehydrated. The barrier was just too low for what went on. It was a GREAT thing cause we were so close to the band. It was a terrible thing cause we couldn't grab onto anything when all the idiots kept trying to surge forward. Had the barrier been closer to chest high, it would have been easier to keep the retards at bay.I swear we were close to a brawl. The heat didn't help. When Lacuna was playing, there were times I was getting blinded by my sweat pouring into my eyes. I coudn't see anything.

On the other hand. The crowd gave an incredible respone for all the bands.

Within Temptation comes on. Sharon is inches away from us belting out songs with that amazing voice. Getting the crowd into every minute of it. They were even better than I expected them to be. I have seen the Within Temptation DVD's but you have to experience bands to really find out what they are made of and Within Temptation are an amazing live band. No doubt about it. It was so much fun to be there. To top it all off, me and Anthony had the best view in the place, front center. Then Sharon is saying something about the song "What Have You Done". Next thing I know she is doing the fucking song and handing the mic to Anthony3 for the Caputo parts! The bastard is singing it better than Caputo! It was totally crazy. I couldn't believe it! LMFAO. Every song ruled. The sound was great for their set. I can't wait to see them Friday in San Francisco.

The crowd reaction to them was so huge, I was worried that the greatest band there will ever be, would have a let down. It never happened. We had to make some noise for our band! It was great. The band sounded perfect. I know they made some new fans at the Seattle show.
Other than the heat and lack of water, it was already going down as my favorite gig ever.

I got a couple decent pics of The Gathering and Within Temptation but when Lacuna started playing I had to use what energy I had left, fighting from getting my legs crushed into the barrier, headbanging, and singing. I didnt even try to take pics of them at this show.

When Lacuna started playing, that's when problems really started happening for us. People started trying to surge forward. Where the hell could they go? It wasn't too bad, for the other bands sets. Some people just have no brain at all. Regardless of all that crap. The Coil brought on another great performance. The place was going nuts. By the time it was over, I think even Cristina said it was the best show they ever had been a part of, or something like that. It really was.

I got to see my favorite band and my 3 favorite singers playing back to back.

Now if we can just get The Gathering to tour with Within Temptation in the states, when they come back around in September. Those bands were perfect playing back to back, and fans of WT that were behind me started asking me questions about The Gathering (cause I had a TG shirt on). They really enjoyed TG and even asked me what country they were from. Despite the fact that they had come there to see Within Temptation, they had never even heard of The Gathering before. A US tour of Within Temptation and The Gathering, could only be a great thing for both bands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 07:34 
King for a day
King for a day

Hey,

I have uploaded the pics i took in Vancouver and Seattle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grish333/

Sadly, i only have 3 pica from Vancouver show -long story-

Enjoy

-->Gerardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 07:39 
King for a day
King for a day

Incarpathia wrote:
It was great to see the gig sold out!

If memory serves didn't they end with Eleanor last night?

Yeh that other person had the setlist wrong. They didn't Play Strange Machines. Ended with Eleanor

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 07:50 
Traveller
Traveller

Hey guys. I'm down in L.A. for the second half of my vacation. I had an absolute blast out in the Pacific Northwest. Amazing shows all around. I'll have more to say later, and a few pictures to share including a video of Senzafine from Vancouver.

This concert will always stand out in my mind.