The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2007, 06:31 

Date: Friday 18 May 2007
support for Lacuna Coil

Last edited by Martijn on 19 May 2007, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2007, 15:03 
Third chance
Third chance

I'll be at this show in addition to the NYC show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2007, 23:58 
Third chance
Third chance

I will be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 18:49 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I will be there walking around in an official KNVB orange shirt cheering in Dutch. :green:

Post subject: Club Rebel
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 00:53 
Third chance
Third chance

I will be there also. I can not wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007, 20:31 
Traveller
Traveller

Excellent show! :D

TG were definitely on tonight as usual. The sound was a VAST improvement over the NY show. Actually I think TG had the best sound overall of the evening. Lacuna Coil's sound as headliners was top notch, but they were extremely loud....too much so, while the levels for TG were just right

Really nice venue as well. Looked to be an old church turned into concert hall. Would defintely go back there for other shows.

Setlist (I think it's the right order)

- A Noise Severe :D
- Alone
- Probably Built in the fifties
- Saturnine
- Monsters
- Eleanor
- Strange Machines

It was a short set (really the only negative point), but that's kind of expected as openers plus the venue had a curfew time for the show to be over. I think the band recieved a very positive response. The audience (a full house) appeared to be a mostly younger crowd there for Lacuna Coil, but still quite enthusiastic about TG's set. I'm pretty sure TG won over and will continue to gain quite a few new fans from this tour.

Bumped into Hans, Frank & Anneke just as they were leaving for the Grand Rapids show tonight and they all seemed in good spirits and happy with the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 May 2007, 21:37 
King for a day
King for a day

drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
I'm pretty sure TG won over and will continue to gain quite a few new fans from this tour.
and they all seemed in good spirits and happy with the show.

yeah, really short set, but is quite good to read that. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 11:06 

Monsters

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nxc-96mvrxM

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 18:28 
Third chance
Third chance

A neat venue (used to be church) in a small little modest town where Irish pubs seemed to be abundant.
It was funny getting to/from this venue as we had to go down this hill through a winding one way back road to find the town, and up and around these 45 degree angle side streets :D
Another good response for TG crowd wise, the sound was very good also.
Big thanks to Marjolien for being a sweetheart and tracking me down so I could get my camcorder into the show to film them. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2007, 03:37 
Third chance
Third chance

Here are my thoughts on the PA show. Check the NY thread for my thoughts on that show.

Thursday Night I headed to the Greyhound Terminal in New London, CT, and boarded a bus to head to Pittsburgh. This show was announced before the NYC show, and I decided to go to both, since who knows when The Gathering will be back in the US. I arrived at around 12:30 on Friday, got some obscenely overpriced food at the bus terminal, and then had to wait nearly an hour for a taxi to get to the venue. I met some people at the venue, several of whom recognized me from the NYC show. George arrived eventually, saying that he too had to wait almost an hour for a cab. We hung out and talked until the doors opened, but didn’t see any band members. The venue used to be a church, and was much, much nicer than the NYC venue. When you enter, the barricade is basically right on your left, so I had no problem getting a spot in the front row.

Stolen Babies were quite unique, but didn’t do too much for me. In this moment were basically bland metalcore with a female screamer. The Gathering’s sound was excellent, and it was nice to hear “A Noise Severe”, which they didn’t play at the NYC show. The set was short, but they seemed to get a great response, and hopefully they will gain some fans from this tour. Lacuna Coil were far too loud, and their set was unfortunately heavy on tracks from Karmacode. I didn’t like them in the studio, and hearing them live didn’t change my opinion of them. They played only two songs from Unleashed Memories and one from In a Reverie (their best albums). They had lots of energy and the crowd loved them, but I won’t go see them again unless they tour with someone awesome again.

After the show was over, I found George just before everyone was kicked out of the venue due to a curfew. I met Anneke and Hans outside briefly. Anneke said they had to leave immediately for Grand Rapids, but still gave me a hug and wished me luck in my future studies. George and I then waited about 45 minutes for a cab back to the bus terminal, and I was able to catch the 1:30 bus, and slept for most of my ride back to NYC, where I transferred to another bus to return to CT. Making a 13-hour bus trip to see a 45-minute set might seem rather ridiculous, but after some of the stories I’ve read about the Gathering’s first US tour, it seemed like the least I could do, and seeing them live is something very, very special, no matter what the venue is. It was very cool to meet George (drifting-into-oblivion) at both of these shows, and I'd definitely like to meet up with him again for TG's next tour.

Setlist:
A Noise Severe
Alone
Probably Built in the 50s
Saturnine
Monsters
Eleanor
Strange Machines

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 May 2007, 03:53 

Great!!!!!!! Im so happy to see fellow fans in the USA travelling around for The Gathering, im sure the band appreciates it lots *hugs*, and well, in these cases time is relative, 45 minutes could be the ones that change your life. I know i only had to hear the 45 minutes of "Always" back in '95... you would be amazed (i am) to know how many things have been defined in my life by that. So... 13 hour bus trip ridiculous???? NEVER, gotta keep dreaming :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2007, 16:09 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Been a fan for many years - but the Pittsburgh show was my first time seeing them live. It was better than I imagined.

I was able to get to the third row, stage left center & felt the mix was perfect. Anneke's voice was beautiful and did not show any signs of the on-coming sniffles/sickness. I hope my enthusiasm was felt by the band... I really did enjoy the evening.

At the end of the night, I did get the opportunity to say hello to Anneke and Hans briefly at the side of the club (as they were quickly trying to get on the bus to leave). I deeply thank you for spending a moment to welcome my greetings. I do not know if Anneke or the other read these foums, but I want to send out my thanks all the same.

I am not sure what analysis went into selecting the specific cities for this tour, but I am very happy that they chose our area of the country... I feel very fortunate. Even though it was a 3 hour drive from Ohio, the old-fashioned steel-milling town ('trapped in the 1930s' feel) of Millvale was a fun experience.

I was very impressed with Stolen Babies - a very unique sound. They have BIG times ahead of them. In This Moment was good for this type of metal+barking blonde female vocals genre. Lacuna Coil is at the top of their maintream metal game.. although I prefer the older albums, it was clear the younger crowd welcomed their set with open arms.

I'm glad to have found this forum recently and look forward to joining everyone in their enjoyment of the Gathering. Maybe next time I'll make the multi-day road trips like I read some of the others have made :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2007, 19:11 
Third chance
Third chance

Quote:
Great!!!!!!! Im so happy to see fellow fans in the USA travelling around for The Gathering, im sure the band appreciates it lots *hugs*, and well, in these cases time is relative, 45 minutes could be the ones that change your life.

There's a few Canadians also that follow them around also (me :D)
4 shows in 4 days, travel time about 22 hours. Well worth it, and since I like LC also it was a great 4 days.

MarcoToronto will be setting the driving/flying record for this tour I think he's already at around 40 hours of driving and tack on another 12 hours for flights to the west coast. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2007, 19:35 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I dunno, I've done alot of driving (well, my friend was the one actually driving), and by the time its over i will have done a hell of alot of flying too...

Well worth it though, going back to the UK is gonna be a nice punch in the face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2007, 19:52 

Crimson_Regret wrote:
Well worth it though, going back to the UK is gonna be a nice punch in the face.

Hahahaha, you bet it will, i spent 24 hours coming back home from Chile on March (airports, waiting time between flights, actual flying time) :S... and hell yeah it was and will always be WELL WORTH IT, every second. Now... i am really wondering, why on earth dont americans take pictures ????????????. Havent seen many from the US tour *cries

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 00:36 
King for a day
King for a day

sophie wrote:

The Gathering makes me very happy. :green:

Leaving for seattle and vancouver shows tomorrow night but Im already thinking about how I can save up to see them in Holland next year. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 01:51 
King for a day
King for a day

BridgeToClarity wrote:
Leaving for seattle and vancouver shows tomorrow night but Im already thinking about how I can save up to see them in Holland next year. :P

Hope you can make here! here are some friends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 02:38 
Third chance
Third chance

There will be a bunch of pics on my website soon from the Millvale and Grand Rapids shows. Seattle and Vancouver pics will be added also.

The pics are not up yet but they should be very soon...
http://www.punchedintheface.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2007, 08:27 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hello, i am new here,but I have been a fan since 2001. This is the first TG concert I have been to. I am also a fan of LC and WT, so this has been a dream tour for me!! I am from kentucky.No one here knows who TG are. Anyway, I wanted to get to the arena early so I could get up front,when I arrived to the arena anneke was in front of the arena talking to and greeting people!!! So I got to meet her and take A picture with her!!! She is like everybody says here, very down to earth and warm person. I wish I could have gone to more concerts on this tour, but I have limited funds. I hope they come closer to KY on the next tour, because I want to go to more TG concerts in the future!! PS:sorry for the bad grammer this is the first forum post I have ever done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2007, 23:11 
King for a day
King for a day

dana 1974 wrote:
Hello, i am new here,but I have been a fan since 2001. This is the first TG concert I have been to. I am also a fan of LC and WT, so this has been a dream tour for me!! I am from kentucky.No one here knows who TG are. Anyway, I wanted to get to the arena early so I could get up front,when I arrived to the arena anneke was in front of the arena talking to and greeting people!!! So I got to meet her and take A picture with her!!! She is like everybody says here, very down to earth and warm person. I wish I could have gone to more concerts on this tour, but I have limited funds. I hope they come closer to KY on the next tour, because I want to go to more TG concerts in the future!! PS:sorry for the bad grammer this is the first forum post I have ever done.

So you got infected with the warmth of their presence too?