The Gathering

forum
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 14:36 
Traveller
Traveller

Maksy wrote:
unfortunately yes, it is written on the website as well as in their 'practical information'. 'Central festival campsite' will be only for visitors with weekend ticket and they will have it for free. However who knows how it will look on place. These other campsites are 'normal campsites', so there will be some charge.

another information

I mailed to organizer and asked them whether there will be any special buses or train at night - director of festival wrote me that there will not be any, only taxi. As far as I know the first train from Mala Skala to Prague leaves at 6:27 and bus at 6:35.

Hey Maksy,

how much will a taxi be from Prague to Festival and back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 18:07 
Traveller
Traveller

difficult question

so I tried to find something on Google "Prague taxi"
and found a company "CityTaxi" and here is a price list

Mala Skala is about 90 km far from Prague, that's approximately 2 300 CZK (80 EUR) (just rough calculation 90 x 25 CZK, I've never taken a taxi, don't know how it goes... 8)
(by bus approximately 3 EUR)

But I can't really tell you, it can be more, it can be less, but you know taxi companies in Prague certainly have high prices, and taxi in Mala Skala...
:roll: maybe smell the chance to earn more... I dunno...

My father estimates price for about 3 000 - 5 000 CZK...

1 EUR = 29 CZK

Hopefully you will not have to use taxi or at least you find a cheap one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 19:57 
Third chance
Third chance

So see you all there on friday!!! i will be there at the meeting point in mala skala! i don´t have an austrian flag, but daeron knows me ;)
well, you also see how i look on my avatare...;) no, i´m not
ANNEKE :green:

see you there, guys!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jul 2007, 20:04 
Third chance
Third chance

Lol, I just realized that Czech weren't in the euro zone yet :-? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2007, 07:21 
Traveller
Traveller

Maksy wrote:
difficult question

so I tried to find something on Google "Prague taxi"
and found a company "CityTaxi" and here is a price list

Mala Skala is about 90 km far from Prague, that's approximately 2 300 CZK (80 EUR) (just rough calculation 90 x 25 CZK, I've never taken a taxi, don't know how it goes... 8)
(by bus approximately 3 EUR)

But I can't really tell you, it can be more, it can be less, but you know taxi companies in Prague certainly have high prices, and taxi in Mala Skala...
:roll: maybe smell the chance to earn more... I dunno...

My father estimates price for about 3 000 - 5 000 CZK...

1 EUR = 29 CZK

Hopefully you will not have to use taxi or at least you find a cheap one.

Thanks again for your help Maksy!! :D

It is a bit expensive, so we will go by car I think......

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2007, 12:55 
Always
Always

Heeey Everyone!!!!

It was soooo great meeting a lot of new faces AND of course the well-known friends too! Cheers to all of you, I was really glad to take part of that unorganized "shout to everyone wearing a TG T-shirt to sit to our table" action, and it was just great to meet everyone I succeeded!

Cheers to you: (ladies first) Nora, Lyn (thx for the guitar again, have a nice time in Budapest - f*ng holiday I can't meet you again...), FARIDEE, MASHELLY, Edwige (see you in Rome soon, Daphne :wink:)! Frannyyyyyyy, Joke, all the Hungarian girls - and the guys: Bidibidibib (groetjes!), LordCliff, Gerardo, Kadaverul (who's sitting on the train now I guess...whenever you read this: F*K!!!:lol: And I owe you a lunch...), all the Czech guys we met (holá Maksy guy!), the hammering Adam 8), Preach, Thomas + the other German guys, Rink and Everlasting, and whoever I forgot!
It was nice to see you and we could share sucha great (although short and a bit sad) concert! Hopefully it wasn't the last one!

Peter

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2007, 15:46 
Third chance
Third chance

Hey people!!!

Yes, it was a great experience meeting all of you personally!!! Although i was quite sad the next morning....it was my last TG concert, i can´t go to Ankkarock anymore...

You people rock!!! and of course TG rocked as ever!!!! :D

perhaps we can share our photos (and videos)?!?! i will try to put them online soon!!
greets! nora

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2007, 20:55 
Third chance
Third chance

So, I am home now.
It was great, I hope everyone could enjoy the concert and could say goodbye to The Gathering as we knew it.

Well, I was a bit disappointed that most of you guys left soon after the concert. But perhaps we just did not find you others. But ok ^^
See you next year when Daeron will appear as "The Gathering (Hun)" in the list of artists :p Who will sing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 10:56 
King for a day
King for a day

I'm back in Italy!!! Great gig and great people, the festival in itself was not so great instead but who cares? I had a very very good time and it had been really nice to see you, even if I unfortunately missed a lot of people I expected to meet in the chaotic atmosphere of the festival :(

@Maksy: Again, thanx a million for your help from me and my friedn Giorgio :D
@Daeron: So sorry I couldn't greet you last day in Prague, but we were short of time, had quick lunch along the river and went straight to airport...(we did not want to risk to miss the flight just as the 6.27 train from Màla -Hammer well knows- :wink: )

A big hugh to everybody I met, even if shortly, I wish to meet you again at future TG-Agua de Annique gigs - to live togheter other unforgettable experience, I'll post soon some cool pics!!! :flower: :flower: :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2007, 18:14 
Third chance
Third chance

Ahoj, I'm back to sweet home too. Unfortunately there was no plane crash between Prague and Geneva, so I couldn't offer my life in sacrifice for Anneke & TG (Rink's idea).

I don't regret having made that somewhat crazy trip. Really glad the fans could meet on friday afternoon, it was a nice moment. People from so many distant countries in this small village, quite extraordinary. The Gatherers rule!
Special thanks to Rink for offering his tent and company for several days :)

I hope we can see ourselves again :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2007, 20:08 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hello to all that gathered in Mala Skala for the few days that I am unlikely to forget about for a long time. It was very exhausting but the lack of sleep enabled me to see a fair bit of what must be one of the most beautiful cities in the world & to be able to spend a lot of time in the company of some really interesting people. I thought it would have been a fairly sad occasion & it was, but I don't feel too sad now. There will be more opportunities to see to see each one of the members of the current The Gathering performing live & that means more opportunities to meet & greet all of you again. :D

As for the show. It was everything I was hoping it would have been & it exceeded my expectations. Anneke sounded perfect & looked fantastic. The rest of the band sounded great & did an excellent job seeing as it must be a very difficult time for them. It felt like the fastest hour of my life. I took a lot of pictures but i'm lucky I don't earn my living from taking them because they are not so great... :(

:D :P :green: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2007, 21:37 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

P.S I forgot to mention that when I got back to Calais to catch the ferry back to England, I met the guys from Napalm Death as we were walking into the passenger lounge. They had been doing a show in Holland & were on their way back to England. This was pretty exciting for me as they are a band that I have been listening to for many years & I have a lot of their albums..

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 10:14 
Third chance
Third chance

Hammer wrote:

As for the show. It was everything I was hoping it would have been & it exceeded my expectations. Anneke sounded perfect & looked fantastic. The rest of the band sounded great & did an excellent job seeing as it must be a very difficult time for them.

i can imagine :roll:
thanks you all for your reviews, can someone post the set-list? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 11:32 
Traveller
Traveller

[quote]can someone post the set-list?[quote]
HERE IT IS
1.Shortest day
2. Alone
3. Even the Spirits are afraid
4. Probably Built...
5. Saturnine
6. Monsters
7. Eleanore
8. In motion#1
9. Travel
10. Literty bell

Now hello to everybody! unfortunately we (Russian fans) couldnt meet with the most of you. but I hope you had a great time. It was my first concert of TG. they are really wonderful! THANKS to THE GATHERING THAT THEY CAME INTO MY LIFE! Mala Skala is really one of the most beautiful places in the world and the very good place for the festival.
I wish all the best to everybody who will take part in the last concert of Anneke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 18:02 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

So.Just got back home after spending a few unwanted days in Bucharest. :roll: The trip was horrible, but...who cares?
Daeron-you owe me a f***ing lunch, you f***ing f***! :green: I guess I'll be in Budapest pretty soon, can't wait to play some T.G. & some Pink Floyd songs again.
Sleepy Buildings-hope you travelled better than I did.I got off the train in Budapest but you weren't there.Did you mistake your drop-point? :wink:
Hammer-How was the race? Did you make it into the paddock? And where's that video of Daeron doing Star Wars?
Lyn-thanx for the directions in Prague on saturday.You got it right with that bridge. :D
The guys from Switzerland and the guys from The Czech Republic-Thanx for the beers :green: . And I have a brand new phone.
Everybody else-Where's that picture we took with Anneke and Hans? Only the smaller version(which doesn't include me) is posted on another thread.
If I don't get my hands on that picture I'm gonna kill somebody :evil:
Anyway,looking forward to the next forum meetings. Cheers, Gathering fans!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2007, 20:59 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Greetings from Bulgaria too,

We finally arrive at home and I am checking the pictures and videos (so pleased that I was able to get my zoom camera inside 8) ).A really exhausting and full of emotions trip,which probably comes to explain why we missed all fan and band meetings in Mala skala,but still the show was great...pity it's one of the last of that kind...
And I agree there will be more opportunities to meet,may be even greater in number in the present situation.Until that time greetings to all of you who was around me and share the emotion and thanks the Gathering.
Thanks to Maksy too for the very special help and attitude.
Hope to be able to post pictures soon and inform you.

Greetings,
Path

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 15:02 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

kadaverul wrote:
Hammer-How was the race? Did you make it into the paddock? And where's that video of Daeron doing Star Wars?

Hey Kadaverul. Glad to hear that you got back even if it took a long time. The Speedway was ok but it rained so that affected the track conditions & the racing.

Did you manage to find the Hard Rock Cafe ?

I have a few photos & videos that you might be interested to see. Send me your email address & I can email them to you. My email address is at the bottom or PM me... PS, Recommend me a few more bands to check out. You know what I'm into, the same as you're into. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 15:35 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Yo!
My e-mail adress(this goes to all people we met at the concert) is obviously kadaverul@yahoo.com :green: And I use yahoo messenger as kadaverul. So that's easy to remember. :lol:
So come on people, send me those pictures.
P.S. Found the Cafe, had some beers, found the bridge, had some beers, it started raining, had some beers.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 20:55 
Third chance
Third chance

So you you did not find your phone? Damn o.O Still wonder where it got to. Maybe you drank it with the beer or something o.O

Glad to see that everyone made it back home savely. ^^

Cheers to an emotional experience to everyone and I hope we will meet again someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2007, 21:13 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

No, I didn't find my phone... And I was having mineral eater when it happened, remember? :D Anyway, two guys almost stole my luggage on the train back home, so I got off pretty easily. Who cares about a stinking phone? We saw The Gathering!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next