The Gathering

forum
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 17:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 19:40 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I am Chip 25 from Phoenix, AZ USA where it is always hot (115 in the summer)

I am an Operations Analyst for a financial company (do database and SQL reporting, IT stuff)

I am in a band http://www.lapseofirony.com and we are pretty new to Arizona but it is very fun to meet a group of people who want to make creative and thought-out music instead of radio rock or pop punk

I also am co-owner of a metal/hardcore website http://www.zaoghost.com and do videos and reviews there, I keep real busy with all this

I love atmospheric rock like Gathering and Dredg, and I also love the really heavy death stuff like Zyklon and Suffocation, I love most styles of music actually, nice to meet everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 20:22 
King for a day
King for a day

Distant Smile wrote:
Infamous E-terrorist. Be aware that the E-police is on to you.

allan! go back to your room now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 20:24 
King for a day
King for a day

Memnoch wrote:
I'm Ville from central Finland, Jyväskylä to be precise.

how come most dudes in finland are called Ville? is it some sort of local joke going on or?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 20:46 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

allan! go back to your room now![/quote]

I thought I was the E-police :cry: . Ok then, but it's boring there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 20:56 
Third chance
Third chance

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
how come most dudes in finland are called Ville? is it some sort of local joke going on or?

Most likely. :lol:
The name isn't actually THAT common, I'm the only Ville I know personally. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2004, 20:59 
Traveller
Traveller

Memnoch wrote:
I'm Ville from central Finland, Jyväskylä to be precise.

If I didn't get it wrong nearest airport to Trondheim is in Hell

... so imagine: I'm Ville from Hell... scaring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 04:06 
Third chance
Third chance

theghostisluminous wrote:
I've been in a "band" which is actually more of a performance art project calle Four way anal touchfight since 1995. Don't be frightened by the name, it's not what you think! (lol) we have several albums out, and have played many gigs, including one at new york city's CBGB which was a real highlight for us.

Are any of your performances available on CD, video, or DVD? W/ a name like that I GOTTA check you guys out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 11:57 

ephemeral wrote:
I am Chip 25 from Phoenix, AZ USA where it is always hot (115 in the summer)

I am an Operations Analyst for a financial company (do database and SQL reporting, IT stuff)

I am in a band http://www.lapseofirony.com and we are pretty new to Arizona but it is very fun to meet a group of people who want to make creative and thought-out music instead of radio rock or pop punk

I also am co-owner of a metal/hardcore website http://www.zaoghost.com and do videos and reviews there, I keep real busy with all this

I love atmospheric rock like Gathering and Dredg, and I also love the really heavy death stuff like Zyklon and Suffocation, I love most styles of music actually, nice to meet everyone!

nice to meet you too..you have a very nice site,well done!and i liked what i've heard :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 14:13 
Third chance
Third chance

Memnoch wrote:
@ Lord Leuber: Nope. I don't have anything against them, but for some reason don't care too much about their music. I think WT and LC are doing much better music(when it comes to "gothic" metal with female vocals).

the whole discussion IMHO is where people put labels on bands...
what are the gothic "symptoms" that nightwish (or after forever, any other band?) show? just the fact that they have female vocals, keyboards and heavy guitars with soft 'emotions'?
to me, nightwish play heavy metal a la NWOBHM iwth female vocals and faster rhythms and (kore) keyboards

as for who i am?..... nah... i'm just "me".. and i try to do my best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 16:44 

Well, this is the first time i visit the "Off Topic" section of the phorum and im glad to find such a thread, i believe that relating to others far different from us makes us better people ... so i´ll start my speech :) .

My name is kinda obvious through my nick... Faridee, i´ve lived in Mexico City since i was born, but my family´s from a small town in a coastal state called Michoacan. Im 23, i totally love my family tho i never get to see them often or have a good relationship with them (specially mother, she drives me nutzzz). I strongly believe in friendship, one of the last "pure" things from human beings. Anyways, i love music, it doesnt matter much to me the genre stigma, i just like listening to good, quality music such as TG, which shares the #1 band place for me with Anathema & GYBE!...

Im in the University, studying my last semester, my major is Geography, which i must say i love, IMO is one of the most interesting disciplines, and be clear that im not saying it cuz its my major :wink: I´ve had a boyfriend for almost 2 years now, and even tho it seems we´re about to be over soon, im grateful with life for making me a person capable of feeling, giving and receiving so much love that i never imagined i would, the goodbye thing is keeping me really sad these late days, so im posting quite long stuff (as you have noticed already).

What else? There´s plenty more to say but ill finish saying i love to travel and hope to visit some day your countries, ive only been overseas to Southafrica, Spain and France... which has not in any way been enough for me :oops: .
Im soooooo looking forward to see TG performing again here in my beloved country next month, and i truely hope you all get to have an unforgettable "TG experience" this year.

Greets

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2004, 21:31 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

hey, jstv 127, thanks for your interest!

please feel free to visit our website at http://www.4wat.com.
we have a selection of videos from various live shows, cd's and vinyl records available, as well as t-shirts, magazines etc.

Thanks again, and hope you enjoy!

all the best!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 18:59 
Traveller
Traveller

I'm (an) epiphyte, 32 y.o., more or less happily growing in Tampere (or as the ancient locals call it, Manse or Mansesteri), Finland. This little industrial town is famous for it's Lenin Museum and drunken university (which we have two :o ) students.

I'm working as a very low level library assistant, mainly daydreaming and drinking too much coffee. Between coffee breaks I surf the net...and do some...work...sometimes. The pay ain't good, but neither am I.

My hobbies include RPGs, reading books (speculative fiction) and comix, watching silly TV series (Buffy, Angel, Xena, etc. :roll: ) and movies, and listening to music. Drinking beer is more than a hobby - it's the way of life. 8)

My current "fave" bands/artists include: The Gathering, Anathema, Anouk, Lake of Tears, Faith and the Muse, Skyclad, Tankard, Blue Öyster Cult, Bathory, Laika, Paradise Lost (and the list goes on and on)...

...keskeltä kylmän mullan hiljaa
kylmä silmä tuijottaa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jan 2004, 19:17 
King for a day
King for a day

are you called ville too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 00:33 
Third chance
Third chance

Hate to destroy your theory, but I'm not called Ville but Aki. :lol:

don't know about epiphyte though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 08:31 
Traveller
Traveller

I'm called with many names. Some of them aren't very nice...

:roll:

...keskeltä kylmän mullan hiljaa
kylmä silmä tuijottaa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 18:45 
King for a day
King for a day

wow dude youre so MYSTERIOUS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 19:35 
Third chance
Third chance

Just checked this out:
Ville was 21st in the list of most popular names of boys born in 2002.
So, not MOST dudes in Finland are called Ville. :lol:

@ epiphyte: Rakkaalla lapsella on monta nimeä, vihatulla vielä enemmän. Vai?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2004, 21:29 
King for a day
King for a day

mind you, most fins i had the luck to talk with were above 2 :wink:

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2004, 00:26 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hello!

I'm a 30 years old Finnish dude. My parents gave me the name Juha, when I was a bit younger. (No, I'm not bitter.) Currently I live in Hyvinkää. I've studied in Jyväskylä University too like half of the Finns here in "Cyclingcolours". My major was Literature.

Favourite bands/artists: The Gathering, Jethro Tull/Ian Anderson, King Crimson, PorkTree, Opeth, Katatonia, Hidria Spacefolk, Voivod, Roy Harper, Nick Drake, Fairport Convention. Anekdoten, Happy Family, Meshuggah, Weather Report, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Yes, Wigwam, Miles Davis, Ozric Tentacles, Godspeed You Black Emperor...

Hobbies: Poetry, movie history, swimming.

Yes, I'm a cute and sensitive single guy. So, if any of you ladies have anything dirty in your mind, don't hesitate to contact! :lol:

Juha

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2004, 02:00 
King for a day
King for a day

Well, something about me... My name is Gerardo Lemus, im 22 and i live in Mexico City.
Im studing Cmputational Systems (C++, Sql, Java and all thats kind of stuff)
About music, the gathering its my all-time fave. Im also into most of Metal (except power/speed and that kind of stuff), experimental music (Klaus Schulze, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Art Zoid) and a lot more :D
-->Gerardo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next