It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Fans from Australia
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2006, 17:45 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Australian Gathering of The Gathering

Hi all.
I was wondering how many people there were in Australia that listen to TG and how many there would be that would wish to see them in concert if they were to come to oz.
Post a reply. If you have friends that aren't on the forum but follow them too let me know.

Lets see if we are more numerous than I think! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2006, 05:11 
Third chance
Third chance

Holy crap, I'm from Perth too! :D

I have one mate who also digs The Gathering, and my little sister doesn't mind them, but that's about it. There's a few other Aussies floating around the forum, but I don't think they post too often :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2006, 22:54 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

The problem I think is that it is a long way to travel from Perth to the East Coast, or vice versa, so if the Gathering did head out here they would have to decide whether to visit perth or not (most international bands don't i've noticed), and also whether it would be worthwhile to make the trip...it is apparently quite expensive to tour in Australia for international bands, and we wouldn't like to see them making a loss on the tour.

of course the fact that i'll likely need to travel to see them anyway (less bands come to canberra than even go to perth) is a minor detail...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 17:51 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I agree with you, the cost factor is the reason a lot of bands don't come to Perth. But if they did the east coast I would fly over.
Has anyone heard them played on the radio here? JJJ possibly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2006, 17:54 
Third chance
Third chance

I've never heard them on the radio over here :( Triple J wouldn't play them, all they ever play is lame indie and hip hop. Actually, I did once hear In Motion #2 on Full Metal Racket! It was a request though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2006, 04:43 
Third chance
Third chance

oceanborn wrote:
of course the fact that i'll likely need to travel to see them anyway (less bands come to canberra than even go to perth) is a minor detail...

Agreed, but it's only an hour's flight to Sydney or Melbourne from Canberra, vs. three hours from Perth.

Maybe if we all add a comment to the Frappr page http://www.frappr.com/thegatheringmusic saying "Please tour here" it will get the message across? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2006, 11:31 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey,

Strangely enough it was triple J that introduced me to the gathering, In Motion #1, on full metal racket, about 2 and a bit yrs ago.. i was lucky enough to get it on tape.. that then lead to the purchase of Mandylion.. and it went on from thier...Loved them ever since

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2006, 08:19 
Third chance
Third chance

Eyyy, another Aussie! Welcome aboard Steven, be sure to stick around, there's not nearly enough of us Aussies around these parts :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006, 08:31 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

One more newbie Aussie over here! :)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only Australian to like this band - none of my friends or anyone I've ever spoken to has ever heard of The Gathering. Which puts us into exclusive company - a good thing; but probably won't get them to tour here - a very bad thing. One of the things on my 'To Do' list is to travel to Europe and see them live.

My dark secret is that I discovered The Gathering through... *gulp* Evanescence... Please don't ask, and please don't crucify me! All I know is that I now know what good music is.

Rock on guys and gals! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006, 15:02 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hi Kevmev and Steven.
good to hear from you.
Has anyone else in Australia got the Sound Relief DVD?
I bought it last December.
Well worth the view if you haven't already.
Josh :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006, 16:57 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Did you order Sound Relief from your local record store? I'm from Sydney and I haven't seen it around here yet. I've checked the Red Eye Records website and you can make an order from there (for $42.98?!?!), haven't tried JB-HiFi yet.

I can't wait till Home comes out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006, 05:30 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I ordered it online thru a perth record store, and they got it from the USA. But last week I was at the JB store in Perth city and they had one on the shelf. About $40 which is reasonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006, 20:45 
Third chance
Third chance

kevmev12 wrote:
Did you order Sound Relief from your local record store? I'm from Sydney and I haven't seen it around here yet.

I bought mine from JB Hi-Fi after Christmas - no ordering required.
Hanging out for Home to be officially released (the leaked MP3's are only a teaser) - and the "A Noise Severe" DVD, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006, 16:17 
Third chance
Third chance

I bought my copy directly from the band, so I got the bonus T shirt and signed photograph. And Marjolein accidently signed my photo twice! :D And Frank signed the package, so I kept that as well :P

I hope Aussie stores actually stock Home. The only TG album that I've ever been able to find is a single copy of Sleepy Buildings at 78 Records and that's it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 16:32 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I have seen TG albums around, albeit in more 'dedicated' stores with a larger library of genres like JB Hi-Fi, Utopia and Red Eye Records in Sydney. Mainstream places like HMV and Sanity will never have them. But if anyone has problems getting Home from wherever you are, let me know as I'm based in Sydney - I don't expect any problems getting it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006, 16:42 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Oh and I just bought A Sound Relief from JB Hi-Fi on sunday, $47! Was absolutely worth it though, its easy to see why they won an award for this DVD. Absolutely beautiful music. Downloaded all the outtakes from the special website as well, was kinda disappointed those songs weren't in the final cut but understandable given the poor camera transition on some shots. Still sounded amazing though.

It's my favourite music DVD along with A Perfect Circle's aMOTION.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 04:22 
Third chance
Third chance

kevmev12 wrote:
I have seen TG albums around, albeit in more 'dedicated' stores with a larger library of genres like JB Hi-Fi, Utopia and Red Eye Records in Sydney. Mainstream places like HMV and Sanity will never have them. But if anyone has problems getting Home from wherever you are, let me know as I'm based in Sydney - I don't expect any problems getting it here.

I've just ordered mine along with a "g" t-shirt, from 4Tune Records (http://www.4tune-shop.nl/index.php?categorie=gathering) - I can't wait for it to arrive locally...
It's a bit pricey (Euros - ouch), but as the "official" Gathering retail supplier, I'm hoping that more of the profits will actually get back to the band. :)
(I've ordered from them before, and their service is impeccable.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006, 13:30 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hello again..

ist it great to finally see some aust. fans of the gathering... nice too meet you all....
i have never met anyone else who has liked or even heard of them unless it was from my hrs and hrs of crapping on about how great they are..

i did manage to get the 'sound relief' dvd.. from utopia, was great.. but not as much as the 'in motion' dvd... which i picked up from red eye records in syd for $19... have always had trouble finding thier albums and its taken me ages to get them.. took me 2 months to order in 'HTMAP" from a small cd shop in the small town i live in... and 6 months i waited for 'sleepy buildings'... then got 'mandylion', 'superheat' and 'if then else' and ' nightime birds' from utopia... then my mother went on a holday to the netherlands and i gave her a huge list of all this TG stuff she needs to get... but all she came back with was another copy of HTMAP... not happy... have been looking for a gathering shirt for ages... any of you's seen any...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2006, 02:26 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Yeah I've never seen any Gathering shirts around. Your best bet is to probably do what ozbird has done and order online.

Came back from Adelaide yesterday from a broomball tour of duty, their JB Hi-Fi has a few copies of Gathering CDs sitting in the Alternative section - that was the first time I've seen a proper version of Souvenirs (in a CD jewel case, not as a digipak like the Mexican version I got from eBay).

Also picked up Home from Utopia this morning on my way to work, that place has a fairly complete catalogue of Gathering CDs (post-Mandylion). I might pick up Nighttime Birds or Accessories next. Can't wait till I get some time to listen to Home! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2006, 15:25 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Hey Kevmev,
So what do you think of Home?
It has taken me some time to get into it, but now I listen thru start to finish.

Solace was a bit wierd to me at first but now I think it is great.
Is "Waking Hour" the song played on the menu screen on A sound relief?
I'll have to have another listen.

"This is my waking hour..."