The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Please write in english
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006, 19:33 

Recently some people switched to writing in their own (native) language. But remember that this is english language part of the forum, so could you all write in english please? Thanks. :flower:

If you think that there are a lot of fans from your country, and that there should be a special section for your language, please post a reply here:
http://www.cyclingcolours.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1967
At this moment I have no plans for creating more language rooms than we currently have (english-dutch-greek-french-italian-spanish-german-polish-portugese), but we never know what the future brings to us :wink:

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 10:14 
Traveller
Traveller

Martijn wrote:
Recently some people switched to writing in their own (native) language. But remember that this is english language part of the forum, so could you all write in english please? Thanks. :flower:

If you think that there are a lot of fans from your country, and that there should be a special section for your language, please post a reply here:
At this moment I have no plans for creating more language rooms than we currently have (english-dutch-greek-french-italian-spanish-german-polish-portugese), but we never know what the future brings to us :wink:

Dear Martijn:)
As to russian forum (if I understand right you talk about us too) we will have a big problem to talk only in english because not all of us are good in english. And all who knows english well are take part in english speaking forums of TG site.
So, if we MUST talk only in english some of us will be obliged to leave this forum:( It's really big problem for us:(
And another part - all who know english well always translate to another people interesting news from your site and I think that it's just cause:) (if I say right:) BYP for my bad english:) I hope you will understand us:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 11:40 
Traveller
Traveller

Maybe ask a moderator / administrator if they can create you a Russian forum (like the French, Portuguese, etc.) so you can write in Russian there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 13:20 

Yes I understand your problem. And agree with you that most users prefer to read and write in their own native language.

The main reason for not allowing other languages than the ones of the special language rooms (english-dutch-greek-french-italian-spanish-german-polish-portugese) is that the owner of a forum and/or moderators should be able to read all posts and know what people speak about and see if it's according the rules of the forum (no illegal activities). I don't speak the russian language and we don't have a moderator who can read russian. When the russian (or any other language) community is big enough, we may consider creating/adding a Russian language room and moderator.

We now have a 'Fans from Russian' topic. There Russian fans can make contact to each other, and talk about The Gathering related things (cd available, gigs, meetings, played on radio, article in magazines, and more). I thing such a smal meeting point focussing on russian fans can still be very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 16:31 
Third chance
Third chance

Martijn

I understand your position, but, I think, it is not right...

We talk only at our little room, and we do nothing illegal there... It would be simply strange for us to talk only in English between ourselves, when it is considerated that not all of us know English. Our room has become more active, some new people appeared... They would not have appeared, if they have not seen people talking Russian...

If there are some problems with control of our talks, I (or someone else from us, who know English) can help... I think, we should search some alternative solutions of this problem... But not pushing us out of this forum.

Cheers :)

Kay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006, 19:25 
Traveller
Traveller

Martijn wrote:
Yes I understand your problem. And agree with you that most users prefer to read and write in their own native language.

The main reason for not allowing other languages than the ones of the special language rooms (english-dutch-greek-french-italian-spanish-german-polish-portugese) is that the owner of a forum and/or moderators should be able to read all posts and know what people speak about and see if it's according the rules of the forum (no illegal activities). I don't speak the russian language and we don't have a moderator who can read russian. When the russian (or any other language) community is big enough, we may consider creating/adding a Russian language room and moderator.

We now have a 'Fans from Russian' topic. There Russian fans can make contact to each other, and talk about The Gathering related things (cd available, gigs, meetings, played on radio, article in magazines, and more). I thing such a smal meeting point focussing on russian fans can still be very nice.

Martijn, if I understand right, you have nothing against our intercourse on our native language:) Thanks :D We promise that we do not have any illegal activities. We are here not for that:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 May 2006, 16:04 
Always
Always

Hey Martijn,

As you might also see, we started to talk in Hungarian in the "Fans from Hungary" - topic. I hope you don't mind. Just as I remember I haven't told it officially, it just came. Just not to do it without your okay, you know :wink:

So I hope it doesn't harm anyone. (but if you think it does, just tell)

Cheers, Peter

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2006, 23:02 
Traveller
Traveller

^i think thats cool

Just tell us when you start cursing at each other :tw: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 May 2006, 23:19 
Always
Always

Haha wanna learn Hungarian curses? :green:

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2006, 21:11 
Traveller
Traveller

si si! todo en inglés! :D

I will be obedient ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2006, 03:01 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

well, i don't speak english very well, but i think that there must be just one language in the forum, i mean... order!.

English is the universal language, then, i think is the one that should be used.

and i'm sorry if there are any problem with my post, but i don't speak english very well

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2007, 03:17 
Traveller
Traveller

Martijn wrote:

Bueno..... :D :D jijiji!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2007, 14:34 
King for a day
King for a day

ho capito perfettamente!! si parla solo inglese e se qualcuno sgarra... via dai maroni!!!! :green: :green: :green: :green:

http://www.myspace.com/shoeskillinworm

http://www.myspace.com/hamamusic

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 06:07 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Yes ofcourse, everyone should follow english. The what ever said above is rite and i agree with this,
as english language is a part of the forum.