It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Any fans from Ukraine??
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 00:53 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Hello everyone!
Is there anybody here from Ukraine??
I know there is Russian community of the Gathering fans, but what about Ukraine??
Yes, that's the problem, the band is not popular here((

But I hope to meet somebody from my country who loves the beautiful music of the Gathering.
I will also be grateful to Russians or TG fans from other countries for reply.
Thanks!!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2007, 11:57 
Third chance
Third chance

Hello :D
Greetz from Russia :wink:
Yeah, there are not so many fans of The Gathering in the ex-USSR countries...(( Or they just unoften visit this forum...
Welcome anyway! :)

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 07:57 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Evermind wrote:
Hello :D
Greetz from Russia :wink:
Yeah, there are not so many fans of The Gathering in the ex-USSR countries...(( Or they just unoften visit this forum...
Welcome anyway! :)

I'm glad 2 be heard, thank you! :)

The matter is that it is almost impossible here, in Ukraine, 2 find TG fans, only few people even know about existence of TG ((

I've been with their music since 2001, it all started for me with "Mandylion", and TG is still my favourite band.
Don't know why, but for me it became impossible to live without these melodies, they've driven me mad :)

Знаю еще пару человек, которые тут слушают the Gathering, но это уже, если так можно выразиться, с моей подачи... :wink:
Хотя, я понимаю, откуда же люди будут знать о существовании этой музыки, если тут очень сложно увидеть хотя бы один из альбомов TG в продаже... :(

Очень приятно встретить единомышленника с родины:)
Позвольте спросить, а что ВЫ находите в музыке TG ?
лично я слушал и слушаю очень разнообразную и разноплановую музыку, но именно Gathering меня "зацепили" очень серьезно. Никогда ничего подобного не встречал:)

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 17:02 
Third chance
Third chance

Не думаю, что народ тут будет читать, как двое русскоговорящих упражняются в английском :D поэтому отвечу по-русски))
У меня было за всю мою долгую и нелегкую жизнь :lol: было несколько любимых групп, но, вот, первый раз так произошло, что меня так сильно зацепило, что аж крышу сносит)) Гезеринг я недавно слушаю и причем не сразу втянулась в их музыку, но теперь вряд ли меня когда-нибудь она отпустит, да и не хочется)) Честно говоря, впервые встречаю чтобы в группе "собрались" такие потрясающие, талантливые люди... :oops: Ведь тот же 'The Musical History Tour', который, наверное, мало кто часто слушает, - очень интересный диск. В нем столько красивых музыкальных и вокальных мелодий, стоящих внимания...)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 08:02 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Still I am not sure what language to use while writing here :)
I read the post above where moderator asks people to write only in English, because it is English-speaking part of the forum. Yes, it is all understandable... but, it is more convenient to express thoughts in native language, and they still have no Russian section here((
TG are very talented, yes:) And it seems to me they have no limits in music, from the point of view of genre, style, manner of expression... :wink:
I like their doom-metal, I love their trip-rock and all that they create.
And Anneke's voice is really great!! :)
Rene's guitar is beautiful (I mean the manner of playing :wink: )
And the whole impression from the Gathering music is magic...
Each album is unique, though there are no 2 resembling albums.
And the conceptions are very unusual.
Once I read their interview and got to know from it that the concept of "Mandylion" is a concept of death, "Nighttime birds" - of nature, "HTMAP" - of travelling, "If_then_else" - of slow-up...

Знаете, такие вот вещи как "Like fountains", "Travel" или "Black light district" - они таки просто уносят...)
это нечто невероятное:) но еще радует то, что это группа не одного хита, творческой фантазии им не занимать однозначно :D Люблю все их песни и все альбомы...
У вас есть любимый альбом TG? :)

Вижу, вы слушаете Sigur Ros? Это еще одна гениальная команда. Тоже их очень люблю...)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 21:47 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I'm from Ukraine

From Kiev

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 08:15 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

R2_D2 wrote:
I'm from Ukraine

From Kiev

Nice 2 hear that. :)

I'm from Kiev too.

а чем вам близка музыка TG?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 10:51 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Quote:
а чем вам близка музыка TG?

I'll translate your quote John_Flow for Chile and Greece and another fans all over the world

" what ,actually, close to you in TG music"

(You can use simpley тебе when you talk to me)))

I listen to the Gathering for a long time, about 10 yars. So their music turn for me jus like a sort of habit and I do not now why i love it))).

If you have any ideas "concerning which course to take" in creation of Ukrainian TG fanclub please write me in my ICQ 310369042

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:01 
King for a day
King for a day

Thnx for translation, perhaps some day someone will teach me that language!!! ;)

Unfortenately I've "spread" only one CD of the Gathering in Чернівців/Chernivtsi. Next time (hopefully next year) I'll bring more TG-gifts for my hosts!!!

back to topic: It's easier to find TG-fans @ http://www.last.fm .

Greetz
Holger

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 19:43 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

What a wonderful belle! Is she from Lacuna Coil?)))

Who are you, mysterious person?)))

I whish you lern some day ukrainian language ofcourse if you realy want to. as for me I'd like to know eanglish better and doich litle bit)))

Very funny site you'v sent link to))) thanks.
It might be interesting to have a talk with your friends from Chernovci.( are they TG fans too?)

I have a plan to build the site of TG tabs. I have nearly 7 or 6 of their song which I'v picked up by myself they consist of guitars, keys, bass, and drum parts. I tried to send them on melodicstanzas.free.fr but it's imposible. So I desided to reconstruct it.
I hope I'll have some time in november or december to do that. And fornow I wait for your ideas. I hope this wrl will be ukrainin fanns tribute to TG)))

Sorry for my eanglish(((

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 01:55 
King for a day
King for a day

hey R2, good idea about the tabs thing... i know you have some of them ready (good job btw) and it will be nice to share it with the rest of the world :)

and thanks for the translations
cheers

ps: sorry, i am not from ukraine but i had to support his good idea :P

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 02:45 
King for a day
King for a day

R2_D2 wrote:
What a wonderful belle! Is she from Lacuna Coil?)))

Yes, she is!

R2_D2 wrote:

Who are you, mysterious person?)))

I whish you lern some day ukrainian language ofcourse if you realy want to. as for me I'd like to know eanglish better and doich litle bit)))

Very funny site you'v sent link to))) thanks.
It might be interesting to have a talk with your friends from Chernovci.( are they TG fans too?)

I have a plan to build the site of TG tabs. I have nearly 7 or 6 of their song which I'v picked up by myself they consist of guitars, keys, bass, and drum parts. I tried to send them on melodicstanzas.free.fr but it's imposible. So I desided to reconstruct it.
I hope I'll have some time in november or december to do that. And fornow I wait for your ideas. I hope this wrl will be ukrainin fanns tribute to TG)))

Sorry for my eanglish(((

:o It seems that I have to stay a little bit longer ...here :oops:
Anyway we've met already @ last.fm and continued our conversation... but not @ all
---> so sorry for late response :roll: :-|

About my friends in Chernovci: I don't think that they fans of TG, but in the future?
I will find it out next year... I will ask them directly :wink:
Unfortunately they don't have internet-connection...

Greetz
Holger

PS: more via last.fm :)

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 18:37 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

I am from Ukraine!!! And to be more precise from Zaporozhye. And I know yet another person who also adores The Gathering almost the same way as I do. She's a friend of mine from my univ.
So there are people in Ukraine who listen to TG, but we're not many. Probably because people are quite dumb and do not understand such kind of music, it's a pity.

I've discovered The Gathering only in February 2007, so I can't say that I am a long-time fan. But I fell in love with this music immediately. Now TG ranks in the list of top three bands/singers who influenced me pretty much and do mean a lot for me.

I also made an entry in the Gathering's guestbook today :)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2008, 16:39 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

HI Dima!
Who are those three bands/singers you are talking about?))))

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2008, 01:07 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

DiMM-705 wrote:
I am from Ukraine!!! And to be more precise from Zaporozhye. And I know yet another person who also adores The Gathering almost the same way as I do. She's a friend of mine from my univ.
So there are people in Ukraine who listen to TG, but we're not many. Probably because people are quite dumb and do not understand such kind of music, it's a pity.

I've discovered The Gathering only in February 2007, so I can't say that I am a long-time fan. But I fell in love with this music immediately. Now TG ranks in the list of top three bands/singers who influenced me pretty much and do mean a lot for me.

I also made an entry in the Gathering's guestbook today :)

Nice to hear that in Ukraine still there are people, which like the Gathering.