The Gathering

forum
It is currently 02 May 2024, 18:28

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2004, 17:51 
King for a day
King for a day

I think this whole tournament has been more about desire than actual skill this time around. I'm backing the Greeks although i doubt they'll win the final even if they get there. It's looking depressingly like Portugal will get it i'd say, and i don't want that, if only because they didn't deserve to win against England. But also because i don't like home teams winning a tournament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2004, 19:22 
Always
Always

i don't like that either,home teams winning most tournaments (england '66 :tw: )

:o really?you don't believe portugal deserved to win england????? obscure... seeing the match,this win for me was totally fair.. i think they shouldn't even go on penalties,they should have win on full time,or extra time much more.. really

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2004, 13:35 
Traveller
Traveller

Hey, it's always very unfair when England losses! :wink:

...keskeltä kylmän mullan hiljaa
kylmä silmä tuijottaa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 18:51 

:( :( :( :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 19:30 
Always
Always

Hans wrote:
:( :( :( :( :(

Hhm, I would guess you're not too happy with yesterday's result... :wink:

But hey, we got farther than many expected! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 20:48 
King for a day
King for a day

Welcome to our band of losers!!! :green:

Seriously, what was Davids doing on the 1st portuguese goal? Watching little birds? Having a cup of tea? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 22:34 
King for a day
King for a day

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE

now it's ours!!!!!!!!!

PANE KI AUTOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 23:07 
Always
Always

Unbelievable :o :o
ITS OURS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2004, 23:20 

Poupoune wrote:
Welcome to our band of losers!!! :green:
Seriously, what was Davids doing on the 1st portuguese goal? Watching little birds? Having a cup of tea? :-?

:lol: I though he was waiting for the bus!

Anyway go go go Greece!!! I really hope they will do teh same score or better than the opening match!

Burn

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 00:17 
King for a day
King for a day

I really hope that thing too..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 01:01 
Always
Always

GO GREECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE'RE GOING CRAZY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 02:32 
Always
Always

I'm very sorry for Pavel :(

AND I WILL CHOKE MY FACE
LIKE A BUG EMBRACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 15:01 
Always
Always

Pavel was thinking about the final already before the match.WHAT DO YOU THINK NOW ON YOUR WAY HOME BABYYYYY??HAVE A NICE AND SAFE TRIP

WE BURNED ATHENS(AND GREECE)FOR THE SECOND TIME YESTERADY AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN WE TAKE IT ON SUNDAY

FUCKING CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 18:20 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
i don't like that either,home teams winning most tournaments (england '66 :tw: )

:o really?you don't believe portugal deserved to win england????? obscure... seeing the match,this win for me was totally fair.. i think they shouldn't even go on penalties,they should have win on full time,or extra time much more.. really

It's not that i didn't think Portugal played better, but that England had their winning goal disallowed for no reason at all. And in case you think it's just us English who think that, the Swiss ref who disallowed it has been banned from ever reffing in an international game or competition again.

And why shouldn't i just level this accusation at Greece? They were rubbish last night compared to the Czechs (in what was a generally poor game anyway) but they still won. Your argument is a bit hypocritical i'm afraid.

I hope Greece go on to win the tournament. Not because Greece are the better side, because they aren't and you know they aren't. But because they are underdogs, and because as previously stated, i don't like to see home teams win. And for your information i wasn't alive when England won the world cup, so i couldn't see it.

Go Greece...!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 19:22 
Always
Always

Cerebus wrote:
Petros wrote:

It's not that i didn't think Portugal played better, but that England had their winning goal disallowed for no reason at all. And in case you think it's just us English who think that, the Swiss ref who disallowed it has been banned from ever reffing in an international game or competition again.

And why shouldn't i just level this accusation at Greece? They were rubbish last night compared to the Czechs (in what was a generally poor game anyway) but they still won. Your argument is a bit hypocritical i'm afraid.

I hope Greece go on to win the tournament. Not because Greece are the better side, because they aren't and you know they aren't. But because they are underdogs, and because as previously stated, i don't like to see home teams win. And for your information i wasn't alive when England won the world cup, so i couldn't see it.

Go Greece...!!
Well..actually only english say that!!! if what you're saying about banning of the referee(one of the 5 best in europe)then the only thing i've to say is that the english connections to uefa are working... Terry did an OBVIOUS foul on the keeper,holding him down.It's obvious cause he tried to jump and didn't make it,pay attention on his hand also.Clear foul for the rest of the world i think...

About yesterday's match,czchs were on attack most time,but did they really have many chances?They had just 3-4,and we had ok 1.On extra time we were better and had the chances before scoring.But you know which is the best part?Being worse and winning!Especially on the lats second,really hurted more the "final-looking"opponents.Yeaaah i liked it!

Yes you couldn't see it,but you are proud of it,right?You previously stated that we don't have anything remarkable in football,contrary(i guess)to England,which of course everything they've done,they did it only on home ground.
I have to comment though that in spite of english national team sucking(and have no sense of this),you have the best championship in europe together with the spanish one.. (Right now i'm managing Crystal Palace on championship manager :green: )

Btw,i don't know if the english people hate greeks(i doubt it in general)but WHY oh why is the english press so fucking unhellenic and create as much as they can,ALWAYS,propaganda against us????(especially the Times)Really curious about that..Latest example:the guardian said 2 days ago that our players were supposdly going on a strike and wouldn't play the match against czech rep...dear god :roll:

and something else,just a question:Do you think Beckam is really a world class player(in terms of quality)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 19:52 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
Well..actually only english say that!!! if what you're saying about banning of the referee(one of the 5 best in europe)then the only thing i've to say is that the english connections to uefa are working... Terry did an OBVIOUS foul on the keeper,holding him down.It's obvious cause he tried to jump and didn't make it,pay attention on his hand also.Clear foul for the rest of the world i think...

That's not true at all. Terry's eyes were constantly on the ball, they did not waver. He had no chance to get to the ball because he wasn't in the right position, had the goalie clinging on to him, and had Campbell on the other side scoring the goal quite fairly. The goalie went down because there were two men in his way and he couldn't get to the goal so he did the only thing he could do and lay down because he was desperate. Are you going to tell me that no diving went on in the championship too, hmm..? As for the Swiss ref, one of the best in Europe? In who's eyes exactly? I don't believe you had ever heard of him before this championship anyway. It may not be true about that story, i really don't care, i don't love football anywhere near as much as you do. But that keeps my eyes clear to watch the game, unlike yourself if you think that our goal should have been disallowed.

Petros wrote:
About yesterday's match,czchs were on attack most time,but did they really have many chances?They had just 3-4,and we had ok 1.On extra time we were better and had the chances before scoring.But you know which is the best part?Being worse and winning!Especially on the lats second,really hurted more the "final-looking"opponents.Yeaaah i liked it!

I'm sure you did. I wouldn't get to used to it though if i were you... :P But at least you admit you were the worst team.

Petros wrote:
Yes you couldn't see it,but you are proud of it,right?You previously stated that we don't have anything remarkable in football,contrary(i guess)to England,which of course everything they've done,they did it only on home ground.
I have to comment though that in spite of english national team sucking(and have no sense of this),you have the best championship in europe together with the spanish one.. (Right now i'm managing Crystal Palace on championship manager :green: )

Proud?? Good God no, what is there to be proud of..?? It's a sport Dude, a game. It means nothing. It's so jolly exciting, but ultimately it's brainless entertainment, that's all. You are obviously deciding taht winning is the only thing that matters. Are all the teams who get to the quarters and the semi's all crap then? For those of us who are not silly enough to think that only winning counts, England are an excellent and respected and yes, even sometimes feared football nation.

Petros wrote:
Btw,i don't know if the english people hate greeks(i doubt it in general)but WHY oh why is the english press so fucking unhellenic and create as much as they can,ALWAYS,propaganda against us????(especially the Times)Really curious about that..Latest example:the guardian said 2 days ago that our players were supposdly going on a strike and wouldn't play the match against czech rep...dear god :roll:

Don't go thinking there's anything personal about all the coverage. A part of the unique British makeup is that we can take the piss out of anything and anyone, criticise, insult, say what we like. That's what the newspapers do, that's all. They are there to make money, not contribute anything worthwhile. And if you thought they were savage about Greece, you should have seen what they said about our own players. "WANTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE FANS", that was for our Rugby, Tennis, Cricket, and Football. Oh, and just so you know, noone over here hates the Greeks, don't worry!

Petros wrote:
and something else,just a question:Do you think Beckam is really a world class player(in terms of quality)?

It doesn't really matter what i think, Beckham is a world class player as his past record, the teams who have brought him, his worldwide respect, and his enormous paycheques all back up. It is an unignorable fact as any professional related to football would tell you.

That said, he was pretty crappy this time around. But he IS a twat, so no suprises there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 20:42 
King for a day
King for a day

Am I the only one here who wishes for a portuguese victory? :roll:
At least, they PLAYED against the Netherlands, they were not just waiting for the Czechs to lose the ball to try to score...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 20:58 
King for a day
King for a day

Poupoune I think u wish that cause ur national team lose against us!! :green: :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 21:21 
King for a day
King for a day

If only... :lol:
The french deserved to win with all their ego-trip, and Zidane and Henry's "I don't want to play on the left" kind of stuff.
No one can win a competition with that kind of ego trip. They lost to themselves before losing to anyone.

I didn't care for the result before watching the game.
The point is the Czech were trying to play and to score while the Greeks were just waiting. It was obviously worth it as they will be on the final Sunday, good for them (and for you :wink: ).
I just hope they will play a little more, that's it! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2004, 21:58 
Always
Always

Quote:
That's not true at all. Terry's eyes were constantly on the ball, they did not waver. He had no chance to get to the ball because he wasn't in the right position, had the goalie clinging on to him, and had Campbell on the other side scoring the goal quite fairly. The goalie went down because there were two men in his way and he couldn't get to the goal so he did the only thing he could do and lay down because he was desperate. Are you going to tell me that no diving went on in the championship too, hmm..? As for the Swiss ref, one of the best in Europe? In who's eyes exactly? I don't believe you had ever heard of him before this championship anyway. It may not be true about that story, i really don't care, i don't love football anywhere near as much as you do. But that keeps my eyes clear to watch the game, unlike yourself if you think that our goal should have been disallowed.
I don't know what is called but there is a line right in front of the post.That line means that therein,the goalkeeper shouldn't be bothered by a player except if he's going for a goal,almost not even be touched. And it doesn't matter where Terry looked,or what he wanted to do.What matters is what he DID.Obviously you mean he was not looking as if he didn't want to make the foul on purpose.But i never said he did that on purpose.He didn't want it,but he just did it.We don't agree,for me it's a foul and a clean one,it shouldn't even be discussed. And btw,all the things you said in defence are actually a foul according the rules(i don't mean the part where you said he layed down on purpose,i saw that he was brought down),you said it"He had no chance to get to the ball"but he was in the way of the goalkeeper.Man,don't you know that's a foul,even if you don't agree about pushing???..
And for the referee i knew him cause i watch a lot of Champions League matches.He's one of the 5 best for me..

Quote:
I'm sure you did. I wouldn't get to used to it though if i were you... But at least you admit you were the worst team.
Well if you defend more,and the opponents attack more,and have JUST 2 chances more that makes you a worst team??Haven't you heard of the word"tactic"?We won all games because we had better tactics.The results prove that.So we were no worse,we were better cause our tactic gave the winning goal. We were worse on the terms of giving something to the people watching the match and-of course-can't and are not really interested on how well the team was organized,how Giourkas eliminated Baros,how 1,80 Kapsis didn't leave any space for 2.02 Koller,how Dellas was everywhere there was danger,how Zagorakis,Basinas run miles and miles and left not a single space for the czechs etc etc. We were worse on your eyes,but we know what we do,it's not a matter of luck.

Quote:
Proud?? Good God no, what is there to be proud of..?? It's a sport Dude, a game. It means nothing. It's so jolly exciting, but ultimately it's brainless entertainment, that's all. You are obviously deciding taht winning is the only thing that matters. Are all the teams who get to the quarters and the semi's all crap then? For those of us who are not silly enough to think that only winning counts, England are an excellent and respected and yes, even sometimes feared football nation.
OK England doesn't care about winning and gives entertainment to the people...!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.Just see the match against Portugal,goal on 3' and then alla 11 back to defence for a whole match,defensing even more than Greece.Imagine if England wasn't a feared team huh?What would happen then,alla 11 players on the goal line :lol: :lol: :lol: OK you convinced me England lost and generally loses because they play fascinating football,worth watching,yeah right :roll: If i saw that was true i would support them since i was a child,but unfortunately i support Holland and Argentina,except from my country.

Quote:
Don't go thinking there's anything personal about all the coverage. A part of the unique British makeup is that we can take the piss out of anything and anyone, criticise, insult, say what we like. That's what the newspapers do, that's all. They are there to make money, not contribute anything worthwhile. And if you thought they were savage about Greece, you should have seen what they said about our own players. "WANTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE FANS", that was for our Rugby, Tennis, Cricket, and Football. Oh, and just so you know, noone over here hates the Greeks, don't worry!
Oh,ok that's england's problem then.Btw,an english journalist asked Rehagel if we would get the referee's favour on the final,because he's german true.. :roll: i suppose he didn't ccare to know that Markus Merk is one of the greatest greek teams slayers on Champions League.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter what i think, Beckham is a world class player as his past record, the teams who have brought him, his worldwide respect, and his enormous paycheques all back up. It is an unignorable fact as any professional related to football would tell you.

That said, he was pretty crappy this time around. But he IS a twat, so no suprises there.
i don't know what twat is.And i didn't tell that for this match(and the lost penalty,which by the way was HILARIOUS. :lol: So was the acting for something wrong with the penalty pitch.As if it was the first penalty he loses-remember turkey?same penalty,there was something with the pitch too? :lol: ) I say that because in general i think he is the most overestimated player of all time.He's just pretty for the girls,Real bought him to sell t-shirts in Asia,and Real did well cause they made their money plus 3-4 times!!!!great marketing,jealous :evil: On the pitch the only thing he's great is his passing,which is really accurate.But that's not really arguing the fuss about him..Cause he's got nothing more than that that he's excellent at.For me he's a good player,but not a worls class one,cause if you compare him with others in this class,he's reaaaally faaar behind..

Quote:
It's a sport Dude, a game. It means nothing. It's so jolly exciting, but ultimately it's brainless entertainment, that's all.
I would take this an argument,from anyone except from someone english... You seem to be the ones taking this game more seriously than anyone in europe,not minding taking lives sometimes,and you're the only ones. Recent example,you were the only fans that caused troubles in the country of Portugal on this Euro.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next