The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Where are you going after you die?
To heaven 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
To hell 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
To be reborn 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
To rot in the ground 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Don't know 26%  26%  [ 19 ]
Don't care 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
What are you talking about? We live in the matrix 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 04:24 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Cynetix wrote:
On death and the afterlife:

1- To me, those who spend their time trying to discover the possibility or existance of an afterlife, rewards, proof of reincarnations, etc. end up wasting precious energy while the one life that they do have and can prove exists, passes them by. The only facts that anyone knows for sure are that we were all born, we live for a certain amount of time and that we are all going to die someday...in some way.

On religion:

2- Any “organized” religion, to me, is dangerous and should be avoided like the plague. It’s nothing more than a ploy to take people who are afraid to use their own mind in making decisions and convert them to sheep. Use your mind and be your own person. If you must have a religion, make life your religion, not religion your life.

3- A side note: if you do have a religion that you practice and believe in that helps you get through the day, that’s fine. It doesn't mean I'll respect you any less. All I ask is that you do me a favor and don’t try to push it off on me. You’ll garner more respect for it.

On a “higher power”:

4- The Greek philosopher Epicurus said it best. “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” 'Nuff said.

5- People will disagree with these thoughts and that's a good thing because it's a benefit of being alive and having the ability to express opinion :)

1- Does your own personal existence close the door on the origin of life before your own birth? Is your mother or father the origin of life? Is your grandfather the biogenesis Singularity? Opinions are fine, but yours sadly doesn't answer any questions of true origins.

2- Boy that narrows it down. Today, the only organized religion is Christianity (since modern Judaism no longer upholds the original Mosaic Law or the Prophets). So I guess we're left with the popular view of today's postmodernism which tells us really nothing about anything, ecxept maybe that law is relative, which violates knowable physics, like the "law" of gravity; none of postmodernistic views are rational as they claim to be. Is organized chaos a rational thought? Absolutely not! Truth is pure like milk; relativism believes its better to mix oil and milk then to just drink the milk the way it comes natural, and has a result we have moral chaos which violates the laws of the human mind.
As a Christian, I know that there are dangerous pseudoChristian cults who decided to mix oil and milk and stray away from the original message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. However, there are plenty of churches that still teach true orthodoxy and have helped lead many people to true repentance and happiness --something humanism can never do. Thye Pastor of my church teaches the congregation a straight-up message thats Biblically supported through and through. There is no occultic alchemy in my church and nobody is tricked into believing anything. From all the years of studying religion, Christianity, is the only religion that does not use some form of subtle trickery to manipulate the minds of others (apart from the pseudoChristian cults which are mentioned in every book of cults written). I never grew up in a home where I had to believe anything. When I first became a Christian I never became a denominationalist--I accepted Christ has my personal Savior, nothing less. What hurt my life growing up was cultic views of Christianity and living in a political world of Social Darwinism. When oil was mixed with milk I became sick due to the poison I drank. These days I understand that my faith in God is supported through knowable history, science, and experience. Everytime I read the New Testament I learn something new! Something that relates to true experience, while providing a solid explanation behind it all. Hence Christianity is the only religion that one is saved by God's grace, not works alone; because no amount of works will save the strongest of people. In the end of my personal ecclesiastical journey, it was my faith that saved me and strengthened me.

3- Your statement #2 reflects a different view. You seem very very intolerant towards Judeo-Christianity. In fact, your tolerance only supports those who follow your faith in intolerance towards Christians. And in the same breath, you feel other people should tolerate your intolerance. Do you see the spin in postmodernism, yet? We Christians find it necessary to preach the good news that Christ has died for our sins, but modern humanist try to monopolize on thought and thus censor free-religious speech (even in America). I do not see the love or tolerance from the so-called rational humanist. In fact, I see quite the opposite. Each modern generation is degenerating more rapidly than the previous. This is mostly due to Social Darwinism.

4- There are several books on Systematic Theology that answer this "problem of evil" question quite nicely. The answer is too long to answer on a forum (especially at the risk of deletion).

5- I agree that all should have the civil right of free-speech. Expression is important, and to Christians it's absolute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 09:49 
King for a day
King for a day

there´s one more possibility for me - i´m a valar, i´ll return to valinor ... :roll: :green: c u there daeron :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 15:51 
King for a day
King for a day

orome wrote:
there´s one more possibility for me - i´m a valar, i´ll return to valinor ... :roll: :green: c u there daeron :wink:

Bloody valars. Think you're so smart. You justy sit all day in that nice little place in the west while us humans die of wars and diseases. :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 11:33 
King for a day
King for a day

..better dying within a hundred years than enduring
the burden of eternity as long as the world exists ...

and: think of the glorious battle against morgoth,
even if he was one of us and no valar died in that
battle we have been there to rush the dark lord :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 22:49 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

orome wrote:
..better dying within a hundred years than enduring
the burden of eternity as long as the world exists ...

The eternity in heaven is a life of perfection (Rev.21, 22). There no longer the suffering of what we feel in this present earth. God will make all things new, and we will live in perfect harmony with our Creator...just has He planned it from the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 23:10 
King for a day
King for a day

and you get to do whatever you like best

CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN
CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN
CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 23:17 
King for a day
King for a day

hahahahaha 8)
... i am a monster-hunter so ... i won´t be bored,maybe manwe but not me ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 23:35 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Calin wrote:
and you get to do whatever you like best

CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN
CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN
CLOUD GOES UP
CLOUD GOES DOWN

I think you are aiming that comment at my singnature. Isaiah 60:8 is a prophecy about people in the future (our present now) that travel by land, sea, and AIR! --airplanes that is..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 23:49 
King for a day
King for a day

nOpe, just remembered a nice Simpsons episode.
http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season4/bypass10.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 16:07 
King for a day
King for a day

I'm going to Mcdonalds. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 22:34 
Always
Always

One more to "hell" that means. No Satan could look uglier than f*ng Ronald clown.
Brrr. Poor you.

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 23:13 
King for a day
King for a day

Quite. But there's a macabre joke lurking in my comment ... :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 16:36 
King for a day
King for a day

McGeoff Burgers, yum yum..! Not stringy are you Geoff?

MacDonalds giving away Organ Donor Cards, sounds like a great new offer..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 20:22 
King for a day
King for a day

Twenty minutes at 190 degrees should do it. I prefer the oven to the grill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2006, 23:28 
Always
Always

A McGeoff with big frits and Fanta pls. :green:

8)

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2006, 12:54 
King for a day
King for a day

How did you know that Geoff has big frits..??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6