The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where are you going after you die?
To heaven 17%  17%  [ 12 ]
To hell 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
To be reborn 18%  18%  [ 13 ]
To rot in the ground 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Don't know 26%  26%  [ 19 ]
Don't care 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
What are you talking about? We live in the matrix 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 72
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2005, 23:29 
Always
Always

The meaning of this life? :o
(not counting with 42 :wink: cause it's evident)

Maybe to trust you are on the right way. You can't be ever 100% sure. All you can do is to believe it's good what and how you're doing.

...arrgh so hard to think such (maybe very important) things over. While knowing you won't ever know a right answer in your life :x Annoying!

But I keep tryin' to do my best to others AND myself too and maybe I get stg back of it in next turn.

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2005, 17:40 
Traveller
Traveller

Daeron wrote:
...arrgh so hard to think such (maybe very important) things over. While knowing you won't ever know a right answer in your life :x Annoying!

One of my favorite lyrics came to my mind when I read that...

What's the point of life
And what's the meaning if we all die in the end?
Does it make sense to learn or do we forget everything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2005, 21:13 
King for a day
King for a day

Daeron wrote:
(not counting with 42 :wink: cause it's evident)

:green: :green: :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2005, 21:39 
Always
Always

~sleepybuildings~ wrote:
One of my favorite lyrics came to my mind when I read that...

What's the point of life
And what's the meaning if we all die in the end?
Does it make sense to learn or do we forget everything?

Shame to me I dunno what it is... :o
And I don't know the answers too :x
:green:

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2005, 03:08 
Traveller
Traveller

I think heaven... I trust in God and I am not a bad person.

http://www.ciudadmetal.cl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2005, 17:34 
Third chance
Third chance

We all live in the Matrix. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2005, 18:25 
Always
Always

Maarika wrote:
We all live in the Matrix. 8)

...what I've created wahhahaha *satanic laugh* 8)

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2005, 12:32 
Third chance
Third chance

Yes, well I doubt there 's any hell heaven or hell waiting for me when I die. Maybe hell, but heaven - no way. And I took a test which said I'd end up on the 7th level of Hell. :D
But really, I don't believe in any of those. Except the Matrix. 8)

All you need
Is all is now

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2005, 15:26 
Traveller
Traveller

IN THE HEAVEN BECAUSE ALL DOGS GOING TO HEAVEN.... FROM CHILE: VIVA CHILE MIERDA¡¡¡¡¡

:evil: :evil: :evil:
:evil: :evil: :evil:
:tw: :tw: :tw:
:tw: :tw: :tw:

Post subject: KRISTIAN
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2005, 15:24 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

HEAVEN , HELL... DON'T CARE¡¡¡....
THE EARTH'LL FINISH SOMEDAY , MAYBE TOMORROW.
YOU HAVE TO LIVE EVERYDAY LIKE IF IT'LL THE LAST.... :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2005, 02:44 
Traveller
Traveller

I guess I'll go to a better life after this crappy one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2005, 13:57 
King for a day
King for a day

Why not just make this life better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2005, 16:06 
Traveller
Traveller

On death and the afterlife:

To me, those who spend their time trying to discover the possibility or existance of an afterlife, rewards, proof of reincarnations, etc. end up wasting precious energy while the one life that they do have and can prove exists, passes them by. The only facts that anyone knows for sure are that we were all born, we live for a certain amount of time and that we are all going to die someday...in some way.

On religion:

Any “organized” religion, to me, is dangerous and should be avoided like the plague. It’s nothing more than a ploy to take people who are afraid to use their own mind in making decisions and convert them to sheep. Use your mind and be your own person. If you must have a religion, make life your religion, not religion your life.

A side note: if you do have a religion that you practice and believe in that helps you get through the day, that’s fine. It doesn't mean I'll respect you any less. All I ask is that you do me a favor and don’t try to push it off on me. You’ll garner more respect for it.

On a “higher power”:

The Greek philosopher Epicurus said it best. “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” 'Nuff said.

People will disagree with these thoughts and that's a good thing because it's a benefit of being alive and having the ability to express opinion :)

Disclaimer:
This post is meant for educational purposes only. Views expressed within this post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other forum members, the Webmaster, the website owner, the web hosting service or any of its affiliates. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final. Side effects may include: Abdominal cramps or pain, abdominal discomfort, bloating and gas, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, fluid retention and swelling, headache, heartburn, indigestion, itching, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, rash, ringing in ears, stomach pain, vomiting, abdominal bleeding, anemia, black stool, blood in urine, blurred vision, changes in heatbeat, chills, confusion, congestive heart failure, eepression, dry eyes and mouth, emotional volatitity, fever, hair loss, hearing loss, hepatitis, high or low blood pressure, hives, inability to sleep, inflammation of nose, inflammation of the pancreas or stomach, kidney or liver failure, servere allergic reactions, shortness of breath, skin eruptions or peeling, sleepiness, stomach or upper intestinal ulcer, ulcer of gums, vision loss, vomiting blood, wheezing, yellow eyes and skin. If condition persists, consult your physician. This supersedes all previous notices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2005, 18:43 
King for a day
King for a day

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2005, 10:44 
Third chance
Third chance

Cerebus wrote:
Why not just make this life better?

You're beyond hope Mike. People demand suffering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2005, 11:15 
King for a day
King for a day

Freddi..!! :D Good to see you still around man!

Yep, i know. I disappoint God and society in general loads by enjoying my life rather than constantly complaining about it. Still, what can you do, eh?

It's a hard life when you have an easy life... 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2005, 11:43 
Third chance
Third chance

Great to be here again Mike :P

Optimism is when the folks hurrah while they're enjoying the skinning procedure.

...and for all who seek the light at the end of the tunnel: Watch out! The light perchance has a horn. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2005, 14:25 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

When I die I want to go to skegg ness (and that is a real place)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 07:33 
King for a day
King for a day

ground - or the matrix theory 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 14:34 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

there's no heaven or hell, no god nor satan, the world was not created by a superior being, humans did evolve from inferior species and our presence in the universe is a total accident

when we die we go nowhere our atoms are recycled by the earth because we're part of its ecological system

the concept of "soul" is an intellect's invention, and intellect is a result of neuro-electrical impulsions

face it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next