The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:16 
Traveller
Traveller

twIXta wrote:
I hope that, if I ever may develop a multiple personality disorder, they at least talk different shit.

Hey "TwIXta".. Apparently the only "shite" is in your head (and most definitely your pants). Calm down, oh holy moderator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:23 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
More abuse..? Just like Zunic and the other one, making sweeping statements they insist are facts, then insulting everyone when they don't necessarily agree. Wow, you must win all your arguments thinking that way, well done, no, that's really impressive.

I don't recall seeing any sweeping statement, but they (and I) made some good points, that were never refuted. I can just wonder why. I can tell you they had more facts up their sleeves, than you ever had in any statement you've made.

Quote:
That's ok, you can now steal what i've just said and with a remarkable display of invention and originality you can turn it round and use it against me... again!

Oh please, I would not have to stoop down that low to steal anything from you. Once again, you live in your own little dream world and have no idea what I had just said, along with what some others have said. I never said "Europe is dying," but I know the "European populations" are dying and being replaced with people that really want nothing to do with us or are just another huge burden on our social systems. Our populations are growing older and we are not reproducing enough to replace them, so we need to get others to come in, or else face stagnation (with a higher burden on our social systems that need to be vastly reformed or need even higher taxes to survive). If you can't see this as happening, you are either blind, in denial, or part of these "groups" we are speaking of. You might as well call your grand metropolis "LondonStan" since that's where it is, as we all stand right now. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited by Immortal on 12 Dec 2004, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:26 

you all may have different opinion, but no need to get aggressive towards people... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:29 
King for a day
King for a day

Lordy you're boring! I've had enough of this, bask in your sense of self-superiority as much as you like, all the circular arguments in the world aren't going to persuade anyone of anything. But then.. that's not the reason you're arguing, is it?

I'm off to make myself a European sandwich... :roll: 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:29 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
I would also say that for all the births that are continuing in America, how many of those are actually then putting something back into the country? How many are at work and beneficial to society and how many are j8ust scroungers and benefit frauds? I think that judging the situation by birth rate alone is simplifying a massive issue.

The EU birth rate sits at about 1.5 and America's sits at about 2.1. In Spain and Italy it is sitting at about a 1.2, which is about 40% (or a little more) below replacement levels. You really have the gumption to guess about others, when you and the rest of our populus are in serious trouble, with no help in sight? You talk about facts? These are facts. Once again, your arrogance is amusing, but still awfully silly. I loved how everybody just passed up "Zunic's" posting of the German speech, since the truth hurts just too damn much. Oh yeah, you can go ahead and keep taking out your little frustrations on America. I bet they could really care less what you think of them, and I pity them if they do.

Last edited by Immortal on 13 Dec 2004, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:31 
Traveller
Traveller

Burn wrote:
you all may have different opinion, but no need to get aggressive towards people... :-?

Hey "Burn," for once maybe you can try telling this to the people who are all in everybody's face, like your little pal "Cerebus" here. What a pitiful place for groupthink. I think I was the first to be attacked, not the other way around. I can see you have your blinders on, once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:39 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
Lordy you're boring! I've had enough of this, bask in your sense of self-superiority as much as you like, all the circular arguments in the world aren't going to persuade anyone of anything.

Circular arguments? When was the last time I had heard that bit of rubbish when the poster has nothing else to say? Why are you avoiding the issues here, with these stupid personal attacks? Can't you do any better or are you just going to cry because another person took away your sanctuary in a band's music forum? Pathetic, to say the least.

Quote:
But then.. that's not the reason you're arguing, is it?

I think I am getting a little bit of a thrill since anything you don't agree with, must be a "circular argument," with nothing to back up your statements, except ridiculous drivel. How childish. I see how it goes here. You make a statement about something, and then you get attacked because another poster doesn't like your "posting style attitude," (but goes off the deep end on every other post, personally tearing away at the poster, his posting style, his or her country, and everything within) and then a moderator comes in to take the side of the person who criticizes Europe concerning this or that (or at all). Oh Lordy! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote:
I'm off to make myself a European sandwich...

Is it something that you boil? Yick!

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/artic ... 11805031_1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Content ... xml&site=5

http://www.nationalreview.com/script/pr ... 100841.asp

Last edited by Immortal on 12 Dec 2004, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:42 

As far I saw your first post...
Now if you didn't get the meaning of what Twixta said, you could ask more expalnantion instead of getting aggressive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 19:47 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
As far I saw your first post...

Compared to your little buddies, my post was very non-aggressive. All I was doing was making a simple point, since others were so quick to jump on anything else that was said. I think I backed up my opinions very nicely, but of course it's hard to continue with people that won't accept another's opinion (or facts) when it comes to anything else. I know, I know.. Different standards for the others that are not into the "groupthink" thing here.

Quote:
Now if you didn't get the meaning of what Twixta said, you could ask more expalnantion instead of getting aggressive...

I think I know what he meant and I have no aspirations to continue with such a biased moderator, who feels the need to swear at me or about me. Sorry to disturb your little closed-minded sanctuary (with all the different standards for each person and what they happen to say).

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/artic ... 11805031_1

Hey, there's some really good news. Maybe Britain, France and places like holland can absorb the 70% of the Palestinian populus that wants to leave Palestine. I'm sure "Cerebus" can welcome them with open arms and pay for their "social benefits," with a dying Euro-population.

http://www.imra.org.il/story.php3?id=22996

Yes, we are all in big trouble and it's getting worse by the day.

http://www.iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?f ... nsion.html

The EU countries are poorer than most US States (from Swedish profs)

http://www.timbro.com/euvsusa/

Last edited by Immortal on 13 Dec 2004, 05:33, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 20:06 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
nothing is black and white

You know, regardless of how you meant it; here is this ridiculous misconception of George W. Bush's statement "either you are with us, or you're against us" showing up again, after it's already been thoroughly splattered about repeatedly on this message board.

I'm not sure where you people get this nonsense from. Has your quest to counter-balance-power and undermine EVERYTHING the United States does consumed your thoughts to the point where you believe such ridiculous things genuinely? Do you Euro's not understand that it's not just simple innocent disagreement you are expressing, but effectively an active campaign against the U.S. you are waging? This is the trait of an ENEMY! Do you honestly have to ask yourself why Americans are becoming increasingly less responsive to European opinion with your attitude? Europeans are attempting to spawn a second Cold War. I can guarantee you that the United States will not falter, so by all means, carry on with your agenda. Please do.

Either way, I'm here, responding to this topic that I've attempted to lay to rest, to educate you briefly on the proper context and usage of what Mr. Bush said in his address to Congress in 2001.

This speech has been posted all over the Internet. A simple Google search would have been sufficient enough to properly inform yourself, but that would have been too easy wouldn't it?

The actual quote from George Bush is as following:

And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.

http://www.september11news.com/PresidentBushSpeech.htm

Look, I don't have to sit here and explain what he meant. Anyone with half a clue that actually reads the speech in its entirety will understand what he was indicating.

So with your logic, the gray area (somewhere between black and white) is what? Harboring known terrorist, but not allowing them to conduct any training camps? Nah, that's not it. This is just another typical case of misinformed political "spin".

Last edited by Zunic on 12 Dec 2004, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 20:11 
Traveller
Traveller

"Zunic," I have to agree with you completely. "Cerebus" is definitely one of the most hostile members of this board and he gets away with it, since the moderators think the same and are just as anti-American as he is. Of course he hides in here, thinking he is a "board God" and everybody else needs his approval to post what he wants you to post.

More on the gloom and doom which we face (along with radical Islam).

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz054.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 21:14 

Cerebus is not the most hostile member on this board.

Canucks and Immortal's posts are more hostile and respectless.

btw,

Do you, Americans, honestly have to ask yourself why Europeans are becoming increasingly less responsive to American opinion with your attitude?
Americans are attempting to spawn a second Cold War.

Zunic wrote:
I can guarantee you that the United States will not falter, so by all means, carry on with your agenda.

We'll see........

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2004, 21:58 
Traveller
Traveller

Hmm, let's see...

I wasn't aware the U.S. was campaigning against Europe, but then again..

It's been a while since I've walked the streets of America and seen some hostile rally burning Dutch flags and an angry mob of citizens beating the shit out of a stuffed doll representing your prime minister (or any other government official), but I'm sure it's happened recently. It's hard for me to recall the last time I sought out a foreigner visiting from the Netherlands with the direct intentions to harassing or assaulting that person based on their national alignment. I'm positive my friends and family have engaged in this type of behavior to fill my slack, however. I admit, it has been a few days since I've read a news artical with unmeasurable amounts of anti-Dutch sentiment contained within it. And it was certainly provoked by my goverment, no doubt.

We, the Untied States, are the epitome of civil intolerance. I hang my head in shame.

*And if I could, I'd sue you for plagiarism :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 00:01 
Traveller
Traveller

Sollejon wrote:
Cerebus is not the most hostile member on this board.

Canucks and Immortal's posts are more hostile and respectless.

Goes back to my proven theory of how the moderators take the side of who is the most anti-America and hostile to whomever doesn't agree with the board "Groupthink." Thanks for proving my point, once more. How in the hell are we more hostile than "Cerebus?" Simply ridiculous.

Quote:
btw,

Do you, Americans, honestly have to ask yourself why Europeans are becoming increasingly less responsive to American opinion with your attitude?
Americans are attempting to spawn a second Cold War.

That was so pathetic. A robot that can't even think for himself. You really think Americans give a damn what you think about them? We are so weak and useless, we are laughed at in most circles, even the circles of Islamic hate.

Zunic wrote:
I can guarantee you that the United States will not falter, so by all means, carry on with your agenda.
We'll see........

I know for a fact that we will get weaker and more stagnant, unless serious action or reform is taken. We just took a huge knife and stabbed it in the back of our greatest allies who have saved (and protected) our arses for the better part of the past century, because we can't stand a more conservative person in charge of a country, fed by media spin and lies about everything else (to protect our own guilty and failed leaders and their ideals). I feel ashamed to be part of this ridiculous nonsense, a lot which comes from my own continent, filled with corrupt and slanderous people. We can't even pay for our own defence and military (and soon our own social programs), so how are we going to take on the USA? This is absolutely shameful..

Just so you know, The Centre for the New Europe has released a devastating paper that shows the claims of the Euro-statist elite to care for the world's 'have-nots' for what they are: Complete lies

Key Findings

· 6,600 people die every day in the world because of the trading rules of the EU. That is 275 people every hour.

· In other words, one person dies every 13 seconds somewhere in the world - mainly in Africa - because the European Union does not act on trade as it talks.

· If Africa could increase its share of world trade by just one per cent, it would earn an additional £49 billion a year. This would be enough to lift 128 million people out of extreme poverty. The EU's trade barriers are directly responsible for Africa's inability to increase its trade and thus for keeping Africa in poverty.

· If the poorest countries as a whole could increase their share of world exports by five per cent, that would generate £248 billion or $350 billion, raising millions more out of extreme poverty.

The complete paper can be downloaded from the main CNE site http://www.cne.org/

Shameful to say the least. Haven't we done enough to hurt the African peoples throughout the centuries? Have we forgotten about the carved up colonial maps of all of these nations and continents that suffered so Europe could be built? It's so horrendous, it makes me want to cry.

:-?

Last edited by Immortal on 13 Dec 2004, 05:46, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 00:32 
Traveller
Traveller

Zunic wrote:
Hmm, let's see...

I wasn't aware the U.S. was campaigning against Europe, but then again..

It's been a while since I've walked the streets of America and seen some hostile rally burning Dutch flags and an angry mob of citizens beating the shit out of a stuffed doll representing your prime minister (or any other government official), but I'm sure it's happened recently. It's hard for me to recall the last time I sought out a foreigner visiting from the Netherlands with the direct intentions to harassing or assaulting that person based on their national alignment. I'm positive my friends and family have engaged in this type of behavior to fill my slack, however. I admit, it has been a few days since I've read a news artical with unmeasurable amounts of anti-Dutch sentiment contained within it. And it was certainly provoked by my goverment, no doubt.

We, the Untied States, are the epitome of civil intolerance. I hang my head in shame.

*And if I could, I'd sue you for plagiarism :P

Well said, Zunic. Europeans are hostile towards America since our media misinforms the masses, since they have nothing else constructive to talk about, since we are all out of good ideas for our own. Our media likes to blame the world's ills on America and then speaks about the past glory of our former empires (which were shameful to say the least).

150 years ago, nobody here thought anything much of America and we reveled in our success, with colonies all over the world to support our grandeur. Now that we have diminished on the world scene and the tables are reversed, we cry out, demanding that our power come back to us, with no effort or work involved. People here are insanely jealous and envious about how much power, money and influence America has (in all circles), but rush out to consume and watch their products, at endless rates.

Much of Europe is getting worse and worse, with no economic relief in sight, so that brings out more frusteration, since the same media blames it all on America (who just so happens to be the economic engine of the world). It's too funny to see Europe thinking it can create this global powerhouse, when we can't even lift a finger, unless America's economy gets ramped up first. We can't blame ourselves for our own mistakes and misguided policies. We can't accept our fate within our failed immigration policies, so that must be America's fault. We know the EU has the most influence/control over our lives, but lash out at America, since it feels better when we don't criticise our own leaders. We know that our former glory will never be captured again, so that's America's fault, even when much of our past glory was captured through brutal colonial aspirations/imperialism and the barrel of a gun. I can see why others would hate free markets, when it is much easier to follow blind policies of protectionism and subsidies, especially when we can hardly compete with the rest of the world. We are falling hard, even when it comes to that. Now we have to deal with a rising China and a high Euro, but that is all America's fault.

We only look to the past, but never to the future. We are too stubborn to accept "American ideas," because they are just that, even when it was that same policies that brought countries like Ireland (and other countries around the world), to the successes they are today. We are lied to about America's policies, because if we knew the truth, the same people that talk about them, would be out of power, forever. We might have to accept them anyway, sooner than we think.

We think we are the most civilised region of the world, but have brought the most war and death than the rest of the world, combined. Most of our media is state controlled and people just get one side of the picture and not much of anything else. There are hardly any people to defend America and her ideals, so the banter goes on, undefended. If you tend to think differently, people will accuse you of being an idiotic war monger and that's that. Most of the continent is so far-Left, they would be off the charts, when it comes to Leftists in America. The same goes for the far-Right in this continent. This is the sad state of the continent of which I live, and we are going to be eventually doomed because of it. People here know they can talk trash about America since they know America will never attack them, but are scared shitless of the Muslims, since they know they will attack them (or even worse yet, vote against the leaders that stand in their way). That's the only difference and what influences our policies the most.

I don't want to broadbrush every single person here in the same way, but I think you get the general idea of how it is here, especially in political circles. Praise Eurabia and the corrupted leaders that have led us down this path.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited by Immortal on 13 Dec 2004, 01:42, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 00:47 
Traveller
Traveller

Oh yes, you're welcome.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 10:57 
Always
Always

Immortal wrote:
Most of the continent is so far-Left, they would be off the charts, when it comes to Leftists in America. The same goes for the far-Right in this continent. This is the sad state of the continent of which I live

Hi Immortal :)

Would you have the kindliness to tell us who/where are the far leftish and the far-right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 14:35 
Traveller
Traveller

Judging by the willingness to appease your own Muslim populations and the over-progressiveness of your society; the constant whining (a liberal characteristic indeed), the support for big government and communist-like ideas: From my observations I'd have to say the majority of you are far-left. :lol:

And Greece is certainly a shining example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 14:50 
King for a day
King for a day

Go away nazi republicans, you take us to new heights of tedium with your bitter polemics.

EVEN if you had a point to make (which you very clearly don't (it's obvious to everyone except perhaps yourselves that you are here to argue and attack people rather than engage in a debate) you must surely by now have seen by now that noone else here is interested. You are speaking to blank walls, so please don't waste your time dirtying our lovely little forum devoted to one of the best and best loved bands around. Join Nationstates if you want to attack people you perceive as being liberals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2004, 14:52 
Always
Always

Zunic wrote:
Judging by the willingness to appease your own Muslim populations and the over-progressiveness of your society; the constant whining (a liberal characteristic indeed), the support for big government and communist-like ideas: From my observations I'd have to say the majority of you are far-left. :lol:

And Greece is certainly a shining example.

Over 90% of the people here voted for right parties in March... So, regardless of what we say, when we vote almost everybody votes "right"!

P.S. Immortal, could you be Canuckian with a new nickname :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next