The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 19:32 
Always
Always

Lore Yseult wrote:
I've seen the trailer for Let The Right One In. It looks like an awesome movie. The trailer itself was creepy. :lol:

planned to see Morse ("Let the Right One In" or "Låt den rätte komma" in swedish = original title ) on next Saturday. My friends finally convinced me!... personally I hope it will be a subtitled version.. not a dubbed one... cross fingers ^!

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2009, 21:56 
Always
Always

Morse by Tomas Alfredson

Very good fantastic movie. There are some weak points, the story is not unique, nevertheless, I enjoyed the surrounded atmosphere, the pictures and the original voices (yeah good news, cause it was a subtitled version). Fact this movie is from Sweden makes it more delightful.

08,5 /10

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 05:25 
Third chance
Third chance

BridgeToClarity...hoang, you two have got me wanting to see Låt den rätte komma, I also hope the version I will see is subtitled. I better watch it before Hollywood goes and remakes it and ruins it with big budget cgi.

I just finished watching Plan 9 From Outer Space...one of my all time favorite movies.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 18:27 

hoang wrote:
Morse by Tomas Alfredson

Very good fantastic movie. There are some weak points, the story is not unique, nevertheless, I enjoyed the surrounded atmosphere, the pictures and the original voices (yeah good news, cause it was a subtitled version). Fact this movie is from Sweden makes it more delightful.

08,5 /10

OMG I adoooooooooored that movie, had to download it some weeks ago since i didnt think it was going to be released here in Mexico, a beautiful and haunting story :)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2009, 18:28 
Always
Always

yeah, and you know what, the remake is already planned. it's official.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 23:05 
Third chance
Third chance

A friend sent me the link to a movie called "Frozen River". It looks like a great movie. I hope no one minds me putting the link for the site.

http://sonyclassics.com/frozenriver/main.html

I hate living in West Texas, there are no movie theatres here that play the good stuff. The nearest theatre is 60 miles away. :-?

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 23:56 
King for a day
King for a day

I didn't care much for Frozen River. The actress is nominated for an oscar, but the movie didn't do anything for me.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 00:52 
Third chance
Third chance

Thanks BridgeToClarity for your input :D

I am trying to find out more about this movie. I would hate to go 60 miles for a dud movie.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 20:18 
King for a day
King for a day

Lore Yseult wrote:
Thanks BridgeToClarity for your input :D

I am trying to find out more about this movie. I would hate to go 60 miles for a dud movie.

60 miles to the nearest theater> That sucks! I didnt see it in the theater, though.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2009, 22:51 
Third chance
Third chance

Moonrunners (1975) :surprised:

(I saw this when I was little. This became 'The Dukes of Hazzard')

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2009, 13:40 
Traveller
Traveller

slumdog Millionaire, its kind of brutal fairytale like Andersen story,s , music pictures and acting really good ,

<spoiler>

[color=#0080BF]usually i dont like movies with happy end but this time it was ok

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2009, 12:38 
Third chance
Third chance

I just finished watching Rachel Getting Married again. A great story. I give it a rating of 5/5. This story left me wanting more. I would have liked to know what happened to the family after the weekend was over, it was obvious that the family was taking steps towards overcoming their pain. I felt so much for this family. Not too many movies do this to me, where I actually care this much for all the characters but I've come to expect that from Jonathan Demme.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2009, 01:50 
Third chance
Third chance

Watched some good films recently.
*Bell, Book & Candle
*Event Horizon

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2009, 18:39 
Always
Always

the Devil Doll by Tod Browning

This is a film I wanted to see before when i was younger... it's from 1936.
I saw it two weeks ago at the movies and liked it... as being influenced by vintage stuffs such like EC comics, Rod Serling Twilight Zone, and The Outer Limits, even the Hitchhicker.

The movie looks pretty old of course and the fx are old fashioned (no to say cheesy) for today but This is still a nice fantastic one. We're far from Hitchcock, but the story is ok and some scenes are thrilling... black and white stuffs are always welcome to me anyway. especially original version things.

for knowledge.

06/10

some other artcovers
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2009, 20:14 
Always
Always

Twilight%20zone%20The%20Movie(1983)

saw this one once when i was 7 or 8 on TV. I used to like it... in vain. just found it and watched it today. What can i say... boring. I don't understand the title because it has nothing to do with Rod Serlings original Twilight Zone TV show, except the narration and the music. then that's it. These fantastic stories are inspired by Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante and Georges Miller...with colour pictures... so they're well made, a bit old and ridiculous. Also they didn't respect the TV show as colour kills all the atmosphere and Rod Serling unicity. And where is psychology this time? nowhere.

Well, this twilight Zone the movie is lemon and not my cup of tea anymore.
The TV show rules ..."Bonjour je m'appelle katarina et je vais vous tuer". Bonsoir

03/10

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009, 14:17 
Always
Always

Casimiro wrote:

I'm already waiting for the movie (03.06.09), is being directed by Zack Snyder, and what can I say, not an easy job to transform in film an extraordinary complex graphic novel like this one. But at least the fototographic work looks promising to me:

Watchmen by Alan Moore

good movie. It's different from regular superheroes 'Spiderma, and Hulk' adaptation things. nothing like the last Batman too.
some cool atmosphere. picturally great. didn't read the graphic novels though to check the feeling if Zack Snyder universe is faithful. however It's good, dark and violent but subtile ... but a bit long I would say.

7,5/10

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009, 14:33 
Always
Always

the hitchhiker TV shows vol 1

this is not a movie but a TV show. It first came out in 1983. Maybe some of you knows it.
so, what can i say. just great. Watched this serie in my youth in the 90's. Broadcasted in France on "la Cinq" channel, at 11.30 pm on saturday night. The characters may look cheesy but one thing is the stories are killers and original. haunting, scary, psychologic... Just watch this at night in the dark and "scary" will be your key word. Soundtrack is closely John Carpenter like and the camera view is always efficient. well these 9 episodes rule
Hope to see the full seasons in the future. This is a worth watching serie.

9/10

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 20:49 

i'd recommend snow cake!

It is Filmed in Wawa, Ontario, it is a really sweet movie about the friendship between an autistic woman and a man who is injured in a car accident involving himself and the autistic woman's daughter .

here is the trailer

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 23:01 
Always
Always

interesting!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2009, 22:06 
Always
Always

good, not bad.
even well done. nice action scenes. the fx rule and will convince you. It must have been a very very expensive movie. I advice you not to watch it in order to think... to say, "hey there is reflection and intelligence" It's a pity there is lot of Us clichés, as always in this kind of tragic movie. Well, If you wanna see an action and "I don't want to think today... just need some good time" movie, try it, you will probably like it.

07,5/10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next