The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 22:24 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:
I thought you'd be the one liking Beckham, seeing as how you rate charisma over skill, such as the likes of Maradonna. Do you really think i care about the Hand Of God incident? I'm not greek y'know, it's only football. Pure observation of his matches and then the week in week out watching of current footie tells the tale of exactly how overrated Maddy was. But that's fine y'know, the big characters in every genre get overrated, i can understand why you'd think that. :wink:

youre full of shit mike do you know that :lol: do us a favour, go and rent a video of diego and then we'll see if you ever have the guts to say he was overrated again. have a look at what he did during mexico 1986, and even italy 1990. ask anyone that knows a tiny bit about footy what diego brought to napoli. then i might wanna discuss footy with you. and beckham and charisma? are you serious? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 22:26 
King for a day
King for a day

Geoff Palmer wrote:
Perhaps the problem with Maradona, Beckham and generations of other famous footballers is that we - as media consumers - fall into the trap of focusing on the players that the media choose to hype.

i think in both beckhams and maradona's cases, the media exposure happened because of their skills, and not the way round (how could it be the way round anyway?). maradona's skills spoke for themselves really.

anyway beckham is real fucking good like, but hes not the genius maradona was. the only current player that could come near diego's talent i can think of now is zidane. but zidane isnt as mischievous as diego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 13:44 
King for a day
King for a day

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
youre full of shit mike do you know that :lol: do us a favour, go and rent a video of diego and then we'll see if you ever have the guts to say he was overrated again. have a look at what he did during mexico 1986, and even italy 1990. ask anyone that knows a tiny bit about footy what diego brought to napoli. then i might wanna discuss footy with you. and beckham and charisma? are you serious? :roll:

Of course i'm full of shite, it's cos i reflect the truth of the world around me. 8)
Everything i've said is correct, you're just trying to be elitist. You know full well that you can't judge any one footballer as the best, so stop pretending not to. Beckham's an alright footballer, it's pointless trying to deny it when clubs are prepared to pay millions for him. They are businesses, and know their market after all.

If you don't wanna discuss footie with me, well then i can live with that. I'd rather discuss it with someone who has at least a semblance of attachment to reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 13:52 
King for a day
King for a day

..but zidane isnt as mischievous as diego.

Nothing worse than a fanboy.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 13:56 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:
Beckham's an alright footballer, it's pointless trying to deny it

anyway beckham is real fucking good like

im not discussing this with someone who twists my words :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 13:57 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:

i think a mr.know-all in denial is actually worse than a fanboy. saying maradona was overrated because you dont like him is like saying hendrix was overrated cause you dont like his songs. sometimes you just have to admit the bitter truth :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 14:09 
King for a day
King for a day

Don't see Algeria much in the world cups now do we? Who's your favourite Algy player?

Thought you were only supposed to support the team of where you came from? Who do you support exactly?

Since i share the genetics of the very people who invented the world's favourite sport, i think that puts me in a far better position to judge than you. Also, the fact that the inventors of the game also have the finest league in the world allows me to look down upon you and your amusing interpretations of footie. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 14:18 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:

i think a mr.know-all in denial is actually worse than a fanboy. saying maradona was overrated because you dont like him is like saying hendrix was overrated cause you dont like his songs. sometimes you just have to admit the bitter truth :D

Jimi thought there were plenty better guitarists around that him at the time. And i'm so desperately bitter that i live the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 14:31 
Always
Always

Cerebus wrote:
Beckham's an alright footballer, it's pointless trying to deny it when clubs are prepared to pay millions for him. They are businesses, and know their market after all.
Beckham is much better than average players,that's all. He's got great passing,that's his skill.And then he's pretty.
Real knows the market you're right. Didn't you read that the amount they paid for his purchase was returned and doubled ONLY by the sales of his real shirts? They had the player and the money too! Brilliant

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 14:42 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
Beckham is much better than average players,that's all. He's got great passing,that's his skill.And then he's pretty.
Real knows the market you're right. Didn't you read that the amount they paid for his purchase was returned and doubled ONLY by the sales of his real shirts? They had the player and the money too! Brilliant

Heh, doesn't suprise me. I haven't followed his career much since he left the English league. I hear that Michael Owen has scored quite a few since he joined up. Shame he could never score goals for England after his first year. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 22:37 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:
Don't see Algeria much in the world cups now do we? Who's your favourite Algy player?

Thought you were only supposed to support the team of where you came from? Who do you support exactly?

Since i share the genetics of the very people who invented the world's favourite sport, i think that puts me in a far better position to judge than you. Also, the fact that the inventors of the game also have the finest league in the world allows me to look down upon you and your amusing interpretations of footie. 8)

well if you were the footy veteran you think you are, youd remember algeria won the african cup in 1990 and youd also remember what they did back in 1982 and 1986, and youd cry in emotion. anyway i dont support any team, since i dont feel like a belong to france or algeria, let alone paris, but thats just my personal issues you dont want to discuss in a footy thread.

i enjoy the way you turn this discussion into a joke just because youre wrong tho, nice try :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 22:38 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:
Jimi thought there were plenty better guitarists around that him at the time. And i'm so desperately bitter that i live the truth.

diego has never been too arrogant either. pele is on the other hand. "theres never gonna be another pele guys, face it". yeah yeah.

PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 22:43 
King for a day
King for a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 22:47 
Always
Always

pele said: i was sent to earth from God.

Maradona: i never sent anyone.

:P

8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 22:49 
Always
Always

all on your knees

Post subject: overweighted heh?
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 23:03 
King for a day
King for a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2005, 23:07 
King for a day
King for a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 May 2005, 00:56 
Always
Always

who is? :D

AND I WILL CHOKE MY FACE
LIKE A BUG EMBRACE

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 May 2005, 11:44 
King for a day
King for a day

well if you were the footy veteran you think you are, youd remember algeria won the african cup in 1990

Only watch footie i'm interested in, and obviously only the footie that's shown on telly.

and youd also remember what they did back in 1982 and 1986, and youd cry in emotion. anyway i dont support any team, since i dont feel like a belong to france or algeria, let alone paris, but thats just my personal issues you dont want to discuss in a footy thread.

Your gayness you mean? Crying at football?? Pul-eeease! And you can't be a football fan if you don't have your own team, which automatically discounts you and all your posts from this topic. Thanks for disproving all your arguments! None of them made much sense anyway. 8)

i enjoy the way you turn this discussion into a joke just because youre wrong tho, nice try :D

My pleasure. :) Oh, i've finally done you those CDs.. i'll post 'em after i've moved house, probably next week. I'm sure you'll probably hate 'em.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 May 2005, 15:25 
Always
Always

8) 8) 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next