The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 May 2005, 22:32 
King for a day
King for a day

Shrink wrote:
A soccer club with such a small budget

its called FOOTBALL for gods sake, not SOCCER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 May 2005, 23:20 
Always
Always

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
Petros wrote:
mmm,that's exactly the case :roll: and beckham is the best footballer in the world too. aiaiaiaiaaa

well, youre the one supporting british teams not me. beckham isnt half as cool as maradonna or van basten were.
i support british teams? from when? milan is italian as far as i know.

probably YOU ARE the one that watches comercial ads,and not football. beckham is a mediocre but i won't be saying more on that.

just for your information i am AEK from the time i remember myself.
as for Milan i remember this team with Van Basten,Gullit,Raikard and later there was the 4-0 over Barca in Athens in 1994 and i just couldn't help myself. and since then i am a fan. that's the case,and it's simple. i understand you don't agree,but i'm really bored of you pretending you don't underastand. and it's stupid to tell me(i don't know for others)that i see commercials and like Ronaldinho because of that.i watch football all week. that's the sick and "get a life" part of it,but that's a different subject.

and yesterday AEK lost to stupid Ionikos 0-1 and got 3rd,two matches before the end,&*&*%*$%$8 :( :( :(
Milan lost too btw,to juve and colina

ps:maradona... this stuff is once in a lifetime.maybe all footballers should retire after him

Post subject: Pooooooortoooooo
PostPosted: 10 May 2005, 20:53 
Third chance
Third chance

Well, couldn't be talking about footbal without mentioning The Club:
F.C.Porto!!!
A club who does'nt live in the past, who keeps seeking new conquests!Great players, the best President ever, beautiful stadium and the most enthusiastic fans!
Olé, Porto, Olé!
Nós somos a tua voz
Queremos esta vitória
Conquista-a por nós!
Ps:Although AZ deserved to be in the final, I'm glad that Sporting has a chance of wining Uefa cup.
And if Chelsea can't win the Champions League...Forza MILAN![/img][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2005, 22:58 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
maradona... this stuff is once in a lifetime.maybe all footballers should retire after him

exactly, thats the bottom line for me :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 May 2005, 15:58 
Traveller
Traveller

Shrink wrote:
Viajante wrote:
but I think that in both legs we were superior.

that's by far the most funniest joke I heard about those two matches! A soccer club with such a small budget compared to Lisboa, playing so well, in no way that lisboa was superior than :D I was even really pissed of by that undeserved and very lucky goal you guys made and now you were superior?? Don't let me laugh..it's pathetic!

Yeah, whatever :roll: ! If we should lose the final (to be honest, I don't believe that Sporting will win against CSKA, unfortunately :( ) I will use that as an excuse: "Sure, we lose because CSKA's budget was bigger than Sporting's".

Now, let's get serious:
1- Did you read my posts? Of course Sporting was lucky against AZ. I was the first admiting it.
2- Money can't buy talent nor will to win, as I've said before. Sporting has talent, but AZ has strength, will and a fine organized game (the credits are going to Co Adriaanse, whom I have praised). That's the reason why both matches were so leveled. If money could buy victories, Real Madrid and Inter Milan would be always champions! A big budget has no meaning if there is no organisation.
3- In spite of issues 1 and 2, I still believe that Sporting was a fair winner. Did you watch the 1st game on Lisboa? But I also maintain that AZ is a great team, and would be as fair if they were in the final.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2005, 01:02 
Traveller
Traveller

that's the best football club on the world

Image Image
[img]

well... I don't know which world actually.. but... ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2005, 11:19 
Always
Always

How stupid is Porto and didn't buy him??? :surprised:
Yessss,he'll stay :green: Thank you Katsourani!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2005, 14:53 
Traveller
Traveller

COLO-COLO IS SHIT... COLO-COLO S.A JAJAJAJA

UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA IS BETTER :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2005, 23:42 
King for a day
King for a day

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
Geoff Palmer wrote:
Ah, the "hand of God"! :wink:

i was watching a video of maradona warming up the other day, it was so beautiful i thought i was gonna cry :(

Well, I don't exactly get emotional about football, even though our winning the World Cup back in 1966 was pretty cool, but I like to think I understand it.

As for Maradona, sure enough, the guy is/was a great player, but perhaps even he will look back on the "hand of God" goal as an incident in which either the urge to win or personal pride got ever so slightly in the way of common sense.

Footballers have no more or less common sense than the rest of us. For example, what a pity that George Best ultimately became more focused on alcohol than on his excellent football skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2005, 11:04 
Traveller
Traveller

I have seen all championships of world from 1974 to 2002. As for me, i think that DUTCH with CRUIFF in 74 showed on the germany fields the most universal(total) football. Although i was little i remember these fantastic matches especially against BRAZIL (2-0) and ARGENTINA(4-0).
Sinse my fav number is 14.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2005, 18:31 
King for a day
King for a day

Geoff Palmer wrote:
Well, I don't exactly get emotional about football, even though our winning the World Cup back in 1966 was pretty cool, but I like to think I understand it.

As for Maradona, sure enough, the guy is/was a great player, but perhaps even he will look back on the "hand of God" goal as an incident in which either the urge to win or personal pride got ever so slightly in the way of common sense.

Footballers have no more or less common sense than the rest of us. For example, what a pity that George Best ultimately became more focused on alcohol than on his excellent football skills.

i remember a few months ago i was watching telly and you know how some channels sometimes broadcast very old classic games, and there was this napoli-juventus and the only player you could see on the field was maradona. it seemed like he was playing on his own. that "hand of god" was a bit shameful in a way but it also showed maradona was playing in his own league - who else could dare to do this during a world cup game? and anyway i think his entire carreer makes up for this silly little mischievous thingy :D

and the fact that he takes drugs makes him only cooler 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2005, 18:55 
Traveller
Traveller

Maradona is God. Period 8) Best football player ever, the synonimous of a passionated football - and not like the actual stars, icons of marketing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2005, 19:17 
King for a day
King for a day

exactly. his retirement from football happened at the exact same time with mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 12:05 

So you think a coke sniffing overweighted lazy guy is the best soccer player ever? And soccer died after his retirement?
The hand of God my ass! He should have get a red card..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 12:23 
King for a day
King for a day

Hans wrote:
So you think a coke sniffing overweighted lazy guy is the best soccer player ever? And soccer died after his retirement?
The hand of God my ass! He should have get a red card..

FINALLY someone who actually knows something about football..!! Maradonna was alright, but anyone who thinks that players are not far better these days obviously don't watch the game very often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 15:16 
Always
Always

there was noone like him before him,and there is noone since...
that's the bitter truth.

the hand of god..if you look plain at it it's should have been a red card of course. but all over the world(except england of course)this goal is like a legend,and that exaclty shows the greatness of MARADONA.
was it england or germany when He passed 6-7 players and the keeper and made the best goal ever??

ps:coca and stuff is absolutely irrelevant,with his football skills. and after all i prefer Him and his sins,from Pele for example who always smiles,says the same things,and gets paid for his own myth and only.pathetic

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 15:28 
Always
Always

in an hour begins the derby...

Right now the points are

Panathinaikos 60
Olympiakos 59
AEK 58

and there's left only one match..

We';; probably lose and won't go to the Champions League... :(
I hope not...

AEKARAAAAAAA

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 15:35 
Always
Always

Petros wrote:
ps:coca and stuff is absolutely irrelevant,with his football skills. and after all i prefer Him and his sins,from Pele for example who always smiles,says the same things,and gets paid for his own myth and only.pathetic

Mastercard, Mastercard, Mastercard :green:

I agree with that one, I don't care what Maradona did in his personal life, but i don't think he was better than Pele ingame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 16:20 
Always
Always

The big difference is that Pele was more focused in being an athlete than Maradona was...and that is what makes rumours around his name!Also their worlds are really different...Pele is in politics and much more seemingly part of the system than Maradona who keeps his beliefs!

For me..different periods of time and different situations to approach as a football player!How genius can a man be when he makes a small team like Napoli as big as all the nothern Italian clubs united!The fact is that he is an inspiration for a lot of people and that exactly shows how important he still is...Pele doesn't inspire people..only footballers and that is something that has to be mentioned! :wink:

I think that all this is something like having to choose between a lemon and an orange.totally different and for different purposes!Or would you like to have your steak with orange instead of lemon? :wink:

Different approaches consume different situations and in this case I prefer to be much more focused in what we say football...teams...that days are gone!I still love watching old videos but I prefer to see Ronaldinio doing beach tricks than arguing who is the best... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 16:28 
Always
Always

Geoff Palmer wrote:

If you remember, you won by a goal that noonw still knows if the ball had passed the goal line :wink: ! And Pele got injured on purpose so that Brazil wouldn't reach the final phase! That's the beauty of football!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next