The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:09

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 16:32 
King for a day
King for a day

Juventus-Parma 2-0 Del Piero and Ibrahimovic

The 28th Championship is in our hands :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 17:22 

Quote:
was it england or germany when He passed 6-7 players and the keeper and made the best goal ever??

He was TOTALLY on drugs. I will never forget that agressive look (eyes on fire) in the camera after he scored ... Did you people forget he was trapped on doping that tournament?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 19:46 
Always
Always

Hans wrote:
Quote:
was it england or germany when He passed 6-7 players and the keeper and made the best goal ever??

He was TOTALLY on drugs. I will never forget that agressive look (eyes on fire) in the camera after he scored ... Did you people forget he was trapped on doping that tournament?
if they need drugs to do such magic,then feed all footballers' mouths with drugs RIGHT NOW! :P

mothaf*cking Panathinaike 0-0 $#^&#^$@^$&@!^$&@&$%&*^*$@^$&*!%&!&% :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 20:04 
King for a day
King for a day

Cerebus wrote:
Hans wrote:
So you think a coke sniffing overweighted lazy guy is the best soccer player ever? And soccer died after his retirement?
The hand of God my ass! He should have get a red card..

FINALLY someone who actually knows something about football..!! Maradonna was alright, but anyone who thinks that players are not far better these days obviously don't watch the game very often.

pff if you guys actually knew something about footy, youd look past the hand of god incident and judge him on his whole career and style and skills, and not on his weight or drug addiction :roll:

honestly if you watched games of him today, youd be amazed of how he carried the whole game on his shoulder, and none does that these days. of course the level has increased now and today's physical level of footy doesnt leave much space or freedom anymore, but still, he was the only player of that level back then, despite his weight and his drug addiction. yeah players today run faster and longer but hey, watching them play is no way as cool as watching good ould diego making a tit of his opponent at every single game.

and honestly i cant believe the weight argument is even being mentionned. how much do you guys like beckham's arse then? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2005, 20:21 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
Hans wrote:
Quote:

if they need drugs to do such magic,then feed all footballers' mouths with drugs RIGHT NOW! :P

arent you guys talking of that 3-0 argentina inflicted to greece in 1994?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 12:07 
Always
Always

well 2005's best greek player is him:
the referie of yesterday's match.

he always plays for panathinaikos. 2 years ago he gave a penalty for them against us,although it was a foul outside the area.

yesterday he didn't gave us a crystal clear penalty on injury time

now AEK is left 3rd and lost about 7 million euro from the Champions League,which would be very much saving with the great financial problems we have..

motherfucker die :evil: imagine that he was the one who even played CL semi-final Milan-PSV. stupid bastard :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 14:13 
King for a day
King for a day

pantelis79 wrote:
Geoff Palmer wrote:
Well, I don't exactly get emotional about football, even though our winning the World Cup back in 1966 was pretty cool, but I like to think I understand it.

If you remember, you won by a goal that noonw still knows if the ball had passed the goal line :wink: ! And Pele got injured on purpose so that Brazil wouldn't reach the final phase! That's the beauty of football!

It's been so long that I've forgotten the precise details of the match, so I'll happily accept what you say about that goal. But why would Pelé try to ensure that Brazil didn't get through?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 14:15 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:

Keep drugs out of sport. OK, so you might argue that a meat-eater and a vegetarian will fare differently on the football pitch (I don't know, but it's just a thought). In other words, there may be different ways of living "normally" that produce different outcomes, but I'd never condone specifically targeted drugs - or surgery, or the use of genetics or whatever other forms of artifice the human mind can invent.

I've watched the Olympics for long enough to be able to look back with a little more clarity now at apparently staggering performances by East German and Soviet athletes in the 1960s and 1970s. As I understand it, some of those individuals - gymnast Olga Korbut for one - are now pretty much burned out in later life.

Some years ago, the West indies cricket team had a formidable spin bowler called Wes Hall. He was powerful, fast and very accurate. Had the technology been available, should other cricket teams around the world have countered Wes by building a high-speed bowling machine that looked a bit like Robocop? I don't think so. Mind you, it might make a good plot for a film!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 15:33 
King for a day
King for a day

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
and honestly i cant believe the weight argument is even being mentionned. how much do you guys like beckham's arse then? :lol:

I thought you'd be the one liking Beckham, seeing as how you rate charisma over skill, such as the likes of Maradonna. Do you really think i care about the Hand Of God incident? I'm not greek y'know, it's only football. Pure observation of his matches and then the week in week out watching of current footie tells the tale of exactly how overrated Maddy was. But that's fine y'know, the big characters in every genre get overrated, i can understand why you'd think that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 16:44 
Traveller
Traveller

Cerebus wrote:
I thought you'd be the one liking Beckham, seeing as how you rate charisma over skill, such as the likes of Maradonna.

WHAT??!! Maradona had a lot of skill and charisma, Beckham has much charisma and few skills. Most overrated player, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:19 
Always
Always

if not Maradona,who's the best palyer ever then? Beckham,Owen or Lampard? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:20 
King for a day
King for a day

You don't seem to understand that Beckham is the same as Maradonna, people like him because of his charisma rather than his footballing skills. Now of course Maradonna is a better player than Beckham, Beckham's not a striker for a start. My point is that they are BOTH utterly overrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:23 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
if not Maradona,who's the best palyer ever then? Beckham,Owen or Lampard? :lol:

No. There is no best ever player, you'd have to be stupid to believe there was. All players are different, and there's absolutely no way to judge such a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:32 
Always
Always

Maradona wasn't a striker either of course. Van Basten was.

How can anyone judge Maradona as overeighted? Not footballing skills?You even say you have seen tapes and matches.. I don't know,it's just weird,although he made such great funerals for england,but yet... :roll: He played versus all teams on his own..anyway that's life

Maybe you should have seen the dancer Chatzipanagis back then,and we would all forget about Maradona :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:37 
Always
Always

btw,completely irrelevant right now,but i just remembered what Sven Goran Ericsson Stated last week amd made me laugh again! He said that if England will win the World Cup 2006,he will quit and go to a new team and search for new goals! LOLOLOLOL :lol: What a joker!! Maybe he wants to stay England's Coach for another 20 years or something and didn't want to say it straight :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Petros on 16 May 2005, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:39 
Always
Always

Petros wrote:
Maybe you should have seen the dancer Chatzipanagis back then,and we would all forget about Maradona :P

Thats why i like Pele. I worship my own Maradona, Vasilis Chatzipanagis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 17:40 
Always
Always

Tavlaras wrote:
Petros wrote:

Thats why i like Pele. I worship my own Maradona, Vasilis Chatzipanagis.
yeah,and Marco Van who? Papaioannou reeee :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 18:01 
King for a day
King for a day

Petros wrote:
Maradona wasn't a striker either of course. Van Basten was.

Oops, my mistake. But he's still better than Beckham.

Petros wrote:
How can anyone judge Maradona as overeighted? Not footballing skills?You even say you have seen tapes and matches.. I don't know,it's just weird,although he made such great funerals for england,but yet... :roll: He played versus all teams on his own..anyway that's life

Well the way you speak of him you'd think he was the most important man who ever lived. I'd say that was overrated. Why do YOU think that being overrated means that a player ISN'T any good? I never said that. Maradonna was one of the best players in the world at the time in my opinion, but he was still overrated. The two things are not mutually exclusive. The Beatles were possibly the most influential band in music ever, but they were still overrated. Stop thinking one dimentionally. Even Leonardo DaVinci invented pieces of crap every now and then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 18:47 

who's over-rating beckham?
anyone talking about beckham says he's only a good-looking guy with almost no football skills.

i think that beckham is one of the most UNDER-rated players out there.
just because of his boy-band-like image, all those "football experts"consider him a commercial phenomenon, and nothing more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 19:01 
King for a day
King for a day

Perhaps the problem with Maradona, Beckham and generations of other famous footballers is that we - as media consumers - fall into the trap of focusing on the players that the media choose to hype.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 762 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 39  Next