The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 14:48 
Traveller
Traveller

Yet here's the headline from the only link you provided that actually works:

Quote:
“THERE THEY GO AGAIN”: IA.E.A. MISSTATES ITS RECORD

ON DISMANTLING SADDAM’S NUCLEAR-BOMB PROGRAM

Work on those other links and I'll respond further when I get more time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 14:54 
Always
Always

LOLOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 15:10 
Traveller
Traveller

Zunic wrote:
Yet here's the headline from the only link you provided that actually works:
Quote:
“THERE THEY GO AGAIN”: IA.E.A. MISSTATES ITS RECORD

ON DISMANTLING SADDAM’S NUCLEAR-BOMB PROGRAM

Work on those other links and I'll respond further when I get more time. :wink:

Sorry, my mistake.
Here are the correct links: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 907-2.html
http://www.nci.org/02NCI/09/iraq-pr9302002.htm
http://www.iaea.org/worldatom/Programme ... tml#assess

About the report title, please read the whole doc. Check the dates, please.
If you search for Mark Gwozdecky(the IAEA chief spokesman) and some keywords from bush's quote, you can find plenty of sites that list this.
The 2nd link is the nuclear control institute's site and it has these quotes listed complete with references and websites for them.

You can also check this link:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/10.01B.no.report.htm
Although I'm sure you won't accept because of the source it is from. The links in there point to articled from the washington post that are no longer online :S.

Still, the big question remains: where are those WMD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 15:57 
Traveller
Traveller

Politics and religion... bla bla bla again and again... fanaticism :evil:
The biggest diseases of mankind. :-?
Luckily for me I'm not interested in this kind of endless nonsence.
No need to care about rotten world.
(I'm not anarchist but - who is my president - it is not important for me.)

Fortunately I'm crazy about TG. That's all I need...
Well, now I must admit that it is also a kind of religion (for me),
but it is the best one which I know, (no doubt).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 16:07 
Traveller
Traveller

Maksy wrote:
Politics and religion... bla bla bla again and again... fanaticism :evil:
The biggest diseases of mankind. :-?
Luckily for me I'm not interested in this kind of endless nonsence.
No need to care about rotten world.
(I'm not anarchist but - who is my president - it is not important for me.)

Fortunately I'm crazy about TG. That's all I need...
Well, now I must admit that it is also a kind of religion (for me),
but it is the best one which I know, (no doubt).

Lucky you.
The fact that more than 100000 iraquis have died in this bullshit "war" doesn't really allow me to not care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 21:13 
Traveller
Traveller

(@In_motion)
If I cared about problems, which I see on TV everyday, I would soon go mad completely. (I'm already mad enough).
In present global society it's imposible to find any resolutions which would be the best for both sides; real agreement coudn't exist. It's because of the basic instinct - we all want to reach our own objectives, no wonder, it's probably the purpose of life. Each nation has its own mentality. Everyone has own opinion. I guess you'll never persuade Zunic that you're right and Zunic will never persuade you that you're wrong (by the way, my personal unimportant opinion: I think you are right) BUT who knows where is the truth, what's good? Who can say that your/my/their opinions are wrong?
It is problem when a person or even a nation think that its own politics or religion's opinions are the best for all people.
It's useless to talk. But If you think that your conversation should solve anything...continue - try it.

Honza

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 21:56 
Traveller
Traveller

Hey, very nice, and in spanish too :lol: yehy!!! :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2005, 23:13 
King for a day
King for a day

Eloquently put. 8)

Don't stop fighting though..!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 03:36 
Traveller
Traveller

Quote:
Yeah, he should really have an affair with an intern. He should get a blowjob in the oval office. Apparently that's the only way he could get impeached.

Honestly, do you even know what the hell you are talking about? Clinton was not impeached because he got a BJ in the oval office, but rather for the fact that he lied under oath over 200 times and obstructed justice. Perjury is a serious offense here in the U.S. and can carry years worth of hard time in a penitentiary for any normal person convicted of it.

Quote:
Sometimes he has good points and good intentions, but he is so over the top that most of the time his message gets lost and he just looks like a delusional crazy man.

I agree with the delusional crazy man point, but disagree with the good points and intentions aspect of that comment. I have yet to see Chavez articulate anything that I could construe as "good intentioned." Admittedly, I don't follow Chavez that closely, so it's possible I'm being fed hand picked one-liners through the media which causes me to perceive him a certain way. I do, however, find it difficult to see the good intentions of someone who manipulates the local media, whos constant shenanigans have sparked several national strikes and international controversies, and someone who idolizes Fidel Castro and his legion of poverty grieved citizens that have basically been living in horse manure for half a century.

That model surely does not seem to be within the best interest of the Venezuelan people, but what do I know? Maybe they would like to live in horse crap....after all, they did vote him in...

Quote:
It suprised me that you would start attacking all the greeks from year 0 to date just because someone laughed at the fact that the first result that comes from a google search for "failure" is W.

The topic of this thread is "Smart Google" in reference to a result obtained through a search of that particular engine. All I simply said was that a timeline of Greece from the conception of Christ to 2005 would have been a more factually accurate and relevant search result...

In_motion wrote:
Zunic wrote:
But anyway, since I just stumbled upon it (thanks Michelle Malkin) here's a google search result for you:

I guess you're right. Google can be smart when it actually finds factual information.

Well since no one is attacking Clinton, I don't see the point of this.

Once again, the topic of this thread is "Smart Google." This is not very difficult to figure out. It's a fairly simple equation really:

A Google graphic linking to a Goolge search result + "Smart Google" = ????? (a relevant post that was well within context of the topic theme perhaps?)

Now on to this IAEA quote you cite; Is this really the best you have? I could have sworn there were better lies/conspiracies floating around out there on the JNV/Moveon/loony leftist blog type sites. So all this basically comes down to is the fact that Bush was mistaken on the 6 month timeline claim? Well I'll concede to that point. He was wrong there.

But despite the fact that the IAEA was continuously dismantling known weapons sites, which could have potentially produced nuclear weapons if left unchecked, nuclear weapons only potentially comprise 1/3 or 1/4 of a WMD arsenal. Using the nuclear argument alone to discredit the claims that Iraq had WMD is quite moot really.

The December 16 assessment issued by the IAEA came several months after that agency left Iraq. Why were there shortcomings in UNSCOM and IAEA inspections back in '95 when Saddam's defected son in law blew the lid on Iraq's biological programs and blueprints that Saddam lied about for years that nobody seemed to have a clue existed? Why don't you tell me why the IAEA had to repeatedly destroy and neutralize Iraq's weapon production sites, during the time span they were actually allowed in there, if Saddam had never intended to seek long range ballistic/WMD capabilities? Why was it that only Bush lied when Clinton's intelligence was somewhat conflicting with the IAEA's (yet in agreement with UNSCOM) report when he ordered forces to to "attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors." Why would anyone (Bush) intentionally lie about the contents of publicly available reports? Please tell me why Saddam was found in material breach of disarmament, after violating some 18 or so U.N. resolutions, which eventually prompted resolution 1441? Why don't you tell the 5,000+ innocent dead Kurds, whom Saddam gassed, that he never had WMD or was attempting to continuously persue them? Why did Saddam refuse to allow the IAEA and UNSCOM into Iraq for 4 years leading up to the war, if he truly had nothing to hide? I gotta tell you, that point alone defies logic to me.

Quote:
Lucky you.
The fact that more than 100000 iraquis have died in this bullshit "war" doesn't really allow me to not care.

That's a nice "fact" there. I challenge you to elaborate on the specifics of that claim. Rather than just tossing out numbers from left wing blogospheres, I submit to you the following inquiries:

1. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused directly from coalition fire.

2. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused by IED, suicide, car bombs and fire from insurgent terrorists.

3. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused as a direct result of domestic oppression from the Saddam Hussein regime. This includes the Kurd gassing, the political assassinations, the air strikes against the Kurd and Shia uprisings prior to the no-fly zones, and the subsequent tank quelling thereafter.

I'm not even sure if I will respond to anything you have to say from here on out until you answer those three questions with some reliable sources to back them up. I guess #3 on that list doesn't count or didn't matter to you since that imagery never appeared on your television screen. :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 11:06 
Always
Always

Zunic wrote:
Quote:
It suprised me that you would start attacking all the greeks from year 0 to date just because someone laughed at the fact that the first result that comes from a google search for "failure" is W.

The topic of this thread is "Smart Google" in reference to a result obtained through a search of that particular engine. All I simply said was that a timeline of Greece from the conception of Christ to 2005 would have been a more factually accurate and relevant search result...
or it could simply display your photograph.and your posts too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 11:32 
Always
Always

Petros wrote:
Zunic wrote:
Quote:

or it could simply display your photograph.and your posts too.

or his knowledge of history before 1776

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 16:32 
King for a day
King for a day

I don't that either of you are understanding Zunic's point here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 16:34 
Always
Always

yeah it's really deep and meaningful

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 16:40 
King for a day
King for a day

Well ok, it was only intended as a backhanded insult i suppose.

Not exactly inaccurate though, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 17:18 
Always
Always

we rest for a little and again to glory we will march 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 17:29 
Always
Always

a W. follower to insult us... what else are we going to hear :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 18:15 
Traveller
Traveller

Zunic wrote:
Honestly, do you even know what the hell you are talking about? Clinton was not impeached because he got a BJ in the oval office, but rather for the fact that he lied under oath over 200 times and obstructed justice. Perjury is a serious offense here in the U.S. and can carry years worth of hard time in a penitentiary for any normal person convicted of it.

I know that. I thought it was obvious I was just talking about the root cause. I guess I wasn't that clear with my sarcastic comment.
The only reason why bush won't get impeached for lying under oath, is because he refuses to declare under oath... i wonder why?

Zunic wrote:
I agree with the delusional crazy man point, but disagree with the good points and intentions aspect of that comment. I have yet to see Chavez articulate anything that I could construe as "good intentioned." Admittedly, I don't follow Chavez that closely, so it's possible I'm being fed hand picked one-liners through the media which causes me to perceive him a certain way. I do, however, find it difficult to see the good intentions of someone who manipulates the local media, whos constant shenanigans have sparked several national strikes and international controversies, and someone who idolizes Fidel Castro and his legion of poverty grieved citizens that have basically been living in horse manure for half a century.

That model surely does not seem to be within the best interest of the Venezuelan people, but what do I know? Maybe they would like to live in horse crap....after all, they did vote him in...

He does have good things. A very large part of the oil profits is being invested for the poor people. Education, healthcare, etc... it's almost all going to them. I do admire that. On the other hand, as you say, he tries to manipulate the "freedom of speech". And his relation with Fidel Castro isn't what I would call something good. He is extremely volatile. you are right on that.

Zunic wrote:

Zunic wrote:
Once again, the topic of this thread is "Smart Google." This is not very difficult to figure out. It's a fairly simple equation really:

A Google graphic linking to a Goolge search result + "Smart Google" = ????? (a relevant post that was well within context of the topic theme perhaps?)

I think we both know that you replied the Greece thing only because you were sore of the laughs... but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Zunic wrote:
The December 16 assessment issued by the IAEA came several months after that agency left Iraq. Why were there shortcomings in UNSCOM and IAEA inspections back in '95 when Saddam's defected son in law blew the lid on Iraq's biological programs and blueprints that Saddam lied about for years that nobody seemed to have a clue existed? Why don't you tell me why the IAEA had to repeatedly destroy and neutralize Iraq's weapon production sites, during the time span they were actually allowed in there, if Saddam had never intended to seek long range ballistic/WMD capabilities? Why was it that only Bush lied when Clinton's intelligence was somewhat conflicting with the IAEA's (yet in agreement with UNSCOM) report when he ordered forces to to "attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors." Why would anyone (Bush) intentionally lie about the contents of publicly available reports? Please tell me why Saddam was found in material breach of disarmament, after violating some 18 or so U.N. resolutions, which eventually prompted resolution 1441? Why don't you tell the 5,000+ innocent dead Kurds, whom Saddam gassed, that he never had WMD or was attempting to continuously persue them? Why did Saddam refuse to allow the IAEA and UNSCOM into Iraq for 4 years leading up to the war, if he truly had nothing to hide? I gotta tell you, that point alone defies logic to me.

That's a nice "fact" there. I challenge you to elaborate on the specifics of that claim. Rather than just tossing out numbers from left wing blogospheres, I submit to you the following inquiries:

1. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused directly from coalition fire.

2. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused by IED, suicide, car bombs and fire from insurgent terrorists.

3. Give me an accurate number of non-combatant deaths caused as a direct result of domestic oppression from the Saddam Hussein regime. This includes the Kurd gassing, the political assassinations, the air strikes against the Kurd and Shia uprisings prior to the no-fly zones, and the subsequent tank quelling thereafter.

Saddam did let the inspectors in before the war. The results weren't just of bush's liking.
So, according to you, this war was actually to prevent Iraq from getting more powerful WMD than gas? It must be that, right? Because if this war was to stop crazy dictators from using already existing WMD, I guess the first target would have been North Korea... right? North Korea that has screamed to everyone that they have nuclear weapons, some of which were pointing to the US. Oh, right, I forgot, North Korea has no oil! What would Halliburton do then?
Then it must have been to spread freedom! To stop Sadamn from killing innocent people, right? Then why not go to Rwanda first? Rwanda, where there is a genocide (yup that's right, genocide) going on, why not go there? Right, I forgot, Rwanda has no oil! What would Halliburton do then?
Funny how you also mention U.N. resolutions, when the US itself sent the UN to screw herself when it invaded Iraq.
Funny how you mention 5000 innocent kurds being gassed by Saddam, when the US military has confessed using WP against a whole town.
Funny how bush accuses saddam of torturing, when the US governement has his own torture chambers in Iraq and when they keep innocent people behind bars for months without any trial while abusing them.
Funny how with saddamn, you never heard about suicide bombings in Bagdad, and now with the US you hear about them every day. Bush has created a terrorist training camp in Iraq. I completely blame every civilian or military death caused by suicide bombings on the US government. There's your number. Their presence has caused these terrorists to overflow Iraq.

I just want to point that I never said that Saddamn was a saint. That guy is a freaking scumbag. Yes they can vote now... if they can get close enough to a vote booth without a car exploding in their faces.

Zunic wrote:
I'm not even sure if I will respond to anything you have to say from here on out until you answer those three questions with some reliable sources to back them up. I guess #3 on that list doesn't count or didn't matter to you since that imagery never appeared on your television screen. :-|

You can answer or not to my post. I really don't care. I remember old political threads and I do agree with Maksy, you are not going to change your mind on this. So there's no point in going on anymore. Have a nice one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 18:19 
Traveller
Traveller

Cerebus wrote:
Eloquently put. 8)

Don't stop fighting though..!

No fighting by my side... it was just a little debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2005, 18:22 
Traveller
Traveller

Maksy wrote:
(@In_motion)
If I cared about problems, which I see on TV everyday, I would soon go mad completely. (I'm already mad enough).
In present global society it's imposible to find any resolutions which would be the best for both sides; real agreement coudn't exist. It's because of the basic instinct - we all want to reach our own objectives, no wonder, it's probably the purpose of life. Each nation has its own mentality. Everyone has own opinion. I guess you'll never persuade Zunic that you're right and Zunic will never persuade you that you're wrong (by the way, my personal unimportant opinion: I think you are right) BUT who knows where is the truth, what's good? Who can say that your/my/their opinions are wrong?
It is problem when a person or even a nation think that its own politics or religion's opinions are the best for all people.
It's useless to talk. But If you think that your conversation should solve anything...continue - try it.

Honza

i agree with you on the fact that no one is going to change his mind. I will stop this now, before it gets a more aggresive.
However, i do think that we should all care about what atrocities happen around the world... we should all point and repel them. That's the only way a change for good can start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2005, 23:30 
Traveller
Traveller

Oh boy. I tried to exercise restraint and just let this topic die, I really did. I guess I'm a sucker, because I know the group think on this message board has proven to be utterly negligent to the facts time and time again, and any efforts I put forth to refute your falsehoods would amount to nothing more than time wasted in vain.

But once again, I'm a sucker, and your post is abundant with inaccuracies, so here I am taking the bait.

Quote:
I know that. I thought it was obvious I was just talking about the root cause. I guess I wasn't that clear with my sarcastic comment.

I caught you lacking basic knowledge of the Clinton perjury debacle. Do not attempt to weasel your way out of it. Save the BS for someone who's more susceptible. I can see right through it with the same crystal clear transparency as the glass plate I'm viewing this through on my monitor screen. It's ok to admit you didn't know something. I will forgive you. :wink:

Quote:
The only reason why bush won't get impeached for lying under oath, is because he refuses to declare under oath... i wonder why?

I'm really not sure what you are talking about. Who's trying to put Bush under oath? Is this about the 9/11 commission? Anyway, we've got a Senate investigation in progress regarding the pre-war intelligence, and if their investigation calls for Bush to testify under oath, he will do so undoubtfully.

Quote:
Saddam did let the inspectors in before the war. The results weren't just of bush's liking.

You can say it wasn't to Bush's liking, but I would like to remind you that he violated U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441, which actually starts by basically stating some of the relevant resolutions Iraq violated over the course of 12 years:

"Recalling all its previous relevant resolutions, in particular its resolutions 661 (1990) of 6 August 1990, 678 (1990) of 29 November 1990, 686 (1991) of 2 March 1991, 687 (1991) of 3 April 1991, 688 (1991) of 5 April 1991, 707 (1991) of 15 August 1991, 715 (1991) of 11 October 1991, 986 (1995) of 14 April 1995, and 1284 (1999) of 17 December 1999, and all the relevant statements of its President,

Recalling also its resolution 1382 (2001) of 29 November 2001 and its intention to implement it fully"

The Council then acknowledges Iraq's threat:

Recognizing the threat Iraq's non-compliance with Council resolutions and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and long-range missiles poses to international peace and security

States Iraq's historical non-compliance to inspection regimes:

"Deploring further that Iraq repeatedly obstructed immediate, unconditional, and unrestricted access to sites designated by the United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), failed to cooperate fully and unconditionally with UNSCOM and IAEA weapons inspectors, as required by resolution 687 (1991), and ultimately ceased all cooperation with UNSCOM and the IAEA in 1998"

Should I just quote the entire document?

"Recalls, in that context, that the Council has repeatedly warned Iraq that it will face serious consequences as a result of its continued violations of its obligations"

What serious consequences? More "diplomatic" sanctions to keep Saddam in power? Do you suggest the better way to handle Saddam would have been to impose more sanctions to kill off several hundred thousand more Iraqis due to mass starvation and extremely impoverish conditions? Were you even aware such things were happening within Iraq during the mid 90's? I guess since there weren't embedded reporters covering the widespread famine, bringing you live footage of children dying in droves from malnutrition, starvation, waterborne diseases etc.., such atrocities never occurred in your world. Well guess what? They sure as hell did in mine.

Quote:
So, according to you, this war was actually to prevent Iraq from getting more powerful WMD than gas?

I'm not sure how you derived that from my post. If he had any kind of chemical, biological, nuclear or long range ballistic weapons, it was a clear violation of most of the U.N. resolutions listed above, which warranted "serious consequences" for the regime. I actually believed that he had a chemical weapon stockpile, and at some point during the leadup to 1441 he probably moved them to Syria or elsewhere when pre-emptive action was clearly imminent.

Quote:
Because if this war was to stop crazy dictators from using already existing WMD, I guess the first target would have been North Korea... right?

North Korea has stated time and time again that the only reason they were seeking nuclear capabilities was to protect themselves against a U.S. invasion. They are extremely dangerous with these weapons no doubt, but they aren't just going to pop off nukes erratically - that would be suicidal. The only real use they will get out of them is diplomatic leverage, and they knew that when developing them. That's why they conveniently announced their nukes a month or two after Operation Iraqi Freedom had gone underway, knowing that military action from the U.S. and allies was extremely unlikely at that time.

Now, they do have a motive to sell nukes to terrorist due to their financial constraints, but at this moment in time it would be equally as suicidal as just launching the nukes themselves. Just imagine how the U.S. would react to North Korea selling nukes to terrorist? It wouldn't be pretty.

Quote:
North Korea that has screamed to everyone that they have nuclear weapons, some of which were pointing to the US.

They screamed to everyone that they were developing nuclear weapons when they kicked out the U.N. monitors back in '01 or whenever it was. They didn't actually announce that they had successfully processed a nuclear bomb until after Operation Iraqi Freedom, because they intend to use the nukes more as diplomatic leverage rather than actual weapons.

Quote:
Oh, right, I forgot, North Korea has no oil! What would Halliburton do then?

Maybe you should direct that towards refinery companies, because they are the ones who would potentially profit the most from oil in Iraq. Oh wait, most of those companies aren't American or associated with the Bush administration in any way! Sorry, I forgot. That must make them A-Okay in your book!

Also, do you realize that Halliburton's profit margins have been shrinking largely due to Iraq? Halliburton is a publicly traded company. I bet you've never looked at any of their financial data, have you?

Also, if we ventured into Iraq for oil, we failed miserably at our "mission." I was recently paying more than double for gasoline and natural gas from what I was at the start of the invasion. I'm glad GWB's oil hoarding conspiracy has paid off! It sure is a relief to me knowing I now have to pay double what I did before! Following your string of logic, all that extra oil we are exploiting out of Iraq would have increased our national inventories and our prices would have gone down as a result of supply and demand. What the hell is going on here? I almost wish your conspiracy theory was true on this one actually, for my wallet's sake at the pump, but unfortunately it's not. :-?

Quote:
Then why not go to Rwanda first?

I guess you have a difficult time putting things into a proper chronological context.

I know it seems like a new revelation to you, since you probably watched the move "Hotel Rwanda" recently and realized the types of things that were transpiring there, but the Rwanda genocide happened back in '95. That was like a decade ago under a completely different U.S. administration. Clinton didn't want to meddle in the Rwandan conflict because, to briefly summarize it, he was too worried about his poll numbers dropping as a result of it.

Oh and by the way, the reason he was worried about the political repercussions of going into Rwanda was because of the Mogadishu incident. Do you even know why the U.S. was in Somalia? Do you even know what was going on in that country with the relief blockades and the mass starvation? The only problem the U.S. had with that incident is that we had a fairly liberal Democrat in office who was not willing to stay the course and take a hit on his popularity rating after those 18 soldiers died in Mogadishu. So he decided to turn a blind eye on all of the horrible atrocities in Somalia and Rwanda for nothing more than political gain. Clinton was a man that was often praised internationally as well. How pathetic.

Clinton wasn't the only one to ignore the Rwandan genocide however. Virtually every western nation neglected to take action there, including your anti-American heroes, the French.

Quote:
Funny how you also mention U.N. resolutions, when the US itself sent the UN to screw herself when it invaded Iraq.

I already covered this above. But here's an interesting question anyway; Saddam violated U.N. resolutions for over a decade. If the U.N. was unable and unwilling to impose "serious consequences" to the 17 or more violated resolutions, why even bother having a U.N? They pretty much voided their usefulness by not adhering to their own charter back when Iraq violated that multiple times, yet still remained a member for some strange reason. :-?

Quote:
Funny how you mention 5000 innocent kurds being gassed by Saddam, when the US military has confessed using WP against a whole town.

It's time for some intellectual honesty here. What you are doing is clear deception, and is no better than the bold-faced lies you accuse Bush of.

You purposefully omitted the fact that we used WP in a completely deserted Fallujah and the fact that phosphorous itself is questionably a chemical weapon, since the chemical properties of it do not actually kill people - it's the heat it generates that does it.

The battle which it was used as a weapon was the Fallujah offensive last year. That's the same battle which we compromised our ability to trap and eliminate a large amount of the insurgency and Zarqawi by dropping pamphlets and warning 2 weeks in advance of our offensive in order to minimalize civilian casualties.

I had quite a bit of raw video footage of the ground combat in Fallujah, and I gotta tell you there wasn't a single Arab person in that video that did not have some kind of assault weapon with him. The fact of the matter is all the innocent civilians were able to evacuate the city well in advance to the offensive taking place, and nearly all casualties were of combatant status thanks to the precautionary measures of the U.S. and Iraqi governments. But that goes against the grain of your "evil American imperialistic empire" ideology, so we'll just go ahead and dismiss that point right here.

Quote:
Funny how bush accuses saddam of torturing, when the US governement has his own torture chambers in Iraq and when they keep innocent people behind bars for months without any trial while abusing them.

Are you honestly trying to compare cutting tongues off, dismemberments, rapes, brutal beatings which often kill or leave the victim physically and/or mentally incapacitated to sleep depravation and loud music? I deprive myself of sleep and play loud music just about every day. It ain't all that bad. Do you not think the CIA realizes that if you physically torture someone, they will tell you whatever the hell they think you want to here? Saddam's type of torture doesn't work very well to extract credible information. Stop comparing my troops and CIA/FBI agents to Saddam's thugs. It's highly offensive to me as an American.

Also, lets say I'm a Marine on patrol, and some nut shoots a bullet at me, and I'm able to capture that person alive somehow; Is that person really considered innocent? You really seem to have a warped perception of certain things, but I guess you'll believe anything as long as it feeds your hatred for the current U.S. administration.

Quote:
Funny how with saddamn, you never heard about suicide bombings in Bagdad, and now with the US you hear about them every day

You also never heard about the mass graves Saddam was filling, or the hundreds of thousand of Iraqis starving to death while Saddam was raping the Oil for Food program and simultaneously buying off French and Russian politicians along with it. There are quite a few things you apparently never heard of, because they simply didn't show up on your newspaper headlines or television screen. What a pity. :(

Quote:
Bush has created a terrorist training camp in Iraq.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you phrased this wrong. It doesn't take much "training" to strap on a bomb vest and look around for the biggest crowd possible to detonate yourself in.

Quote:
I completely blame every civilian or military death caused by suicide bombings on the US government. There's your number. Their presence has caused these terrorists to overflow Iraq.

I'm sorry. No comprendo. I asked for an accurate number of deaths caused by coalition fire, insurgent fire, and Hussein's regime. What you provided is not an accurate number of anything. Hell, you didn't even provide a number at all.

What you did was dodge the issue by tossing out left wing logic. I got to say, I do agree with the "coalition presence in Iraq is fueling the insurgency" argument to a degree, but I also believe a good portion of these fanatics who have died in Iraq would have recruited with Al-Qaida or other organizations, or perhaps started their own, solely based on our actions in Afghanistan and support for Israel. Perhaps not all of them, but many would have, and basically we would have seen an uprising in Afghanistan insurgency and about 500 more Ramada hotel/restaurant in Bali type of bombing incidents throughout the world.

Quote:
Yes they can vote now... if they can get close enough to a vote booth without a car exploding in their faces.

They could vote before as well. For Saddam or....Saddam. And any dissent meant a trip to the mass graveyard, or a missing tongue for life.

Life in Iraq sure was a utopia of peace and prosperity before 2003. Damn that U.S.A for ruining it all. :-|

Last edited by Zunic on 24 Nov 2005, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next