The Gathering

forum
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: The queer topic
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2006, 23:31 
Traveller
Traveller

Well i have a question for all the people around the world that use to post here!!!

Is any homophobic here?

I made this topic cause the Past December 2005 i saw a movie in Houston Texas named "Brokeback Mountain" is about two gay cowboys, and i thougth the american people was more open-mind than Us (mexicans), i say this cause when the sex scene started many people in the room started to stand up to leave the room so mad and offensed for what was hapening on the big BIG screen.

i think we are in a time where the people must be open-mind to see things like that, i have gay friends and believe me, sometimes we learn many good things from them.

of course this forum is to all the paople and each one of us have different ways to think about that subject.

but i hope anybody can writte something about it, it dosen't matter if is something bad or good just let know your opinion.

(sorry by my english, hehehe i hope u understood everything)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 07:21 
Traveller
Traveller

There's a difference between being acceptant of the homosexual lifestyle and being exposed to gay sex scenes. Hell, a lot of straight people feel that heterosexual sex in movies is highly inappropriate.

I go out to dinner with a lesbian couple all the time and genuinely enjoy their company. Yeah, there are some potentially intriguing things to learn from them, but that doesn't mean I want to watch them having sex anytime soon. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 10:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Yeah, I agree ^
First of all, the film mentioned actually had a scene of rough sex in a tent which a lot of people would find uncomfortable whether it was 2 people of the same sex or 2 of opposite sex, although I don't see it as a reason to leave as it was only one short scene. (I thought the film was excellent by the way, everyone should go and see it).

In answer to your question, I find homophobia really difficult to deal with. I'm a girl and I had a girlfriend for almost a year and luckily we didn't experience any homophobia towards us. It was weird at times because we had both dated guys before and weren't used to having to be careful about what we said and how we behaved in public. In some situations we had to pretend to be just friends because we were scared about what people would say and do :( I have a lot of gay friends and the thought of people being hateful towards them purely becuase of their sexuality makes me really angry :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 11:40 
Traveller
Traveller

Zunic wrote:
There's a difference between being acceptant of the homosexual lifestyle and being exposed to gay sex scenes. Hell, a lot of straight people feel that heterosexual sex in movies is highly inappropriate.

You are right, maybe i didn't knew how to expres my opinion about the americans watching that scene, is just that here in mexico use to ear that in USA is something more usual than here or maybe is less the homophobia than here with us, cause here in mexico is a lot of homophobic people.

Quote:
First of all, the film mentioned actually had a scene of rough sex in a tent which a lot of people would find uncomfortable whether it was 2 people of the same sex or 2 of opposite sex, although I don't see it as a reason to leave as it was only one short scene. (I thought the film was excellent by the way, everyone should go and see it).

yes, and my surprise :o was that i didn't spect see people leaving the room by the really really short scene, it was a big surprise cause as i told you before i though americans was more open mind than us.

now i see that maybe mexico has a lot of homophobic but it dosen't means that other countries dosen't have it too

Zunic: sorry if i bother you with my words, is dificult to me to express all the things i want to say cause i don't speak english 100% and i have to look for other words to say all i want to say. any way i respect the way you think.

and as she said, the movie is really good, go see it!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 01:46 
King for a day
King for a day

i have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, i dont judge people from that. what i dont feel comfortable with tho is that whole gay pride business. i find it as silly as white pride, or black pride, or whatever pride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 02:00 
King for a day
King for a day

I totally agree with phm. This pride thing is stupid. We have gay parade here
in Toranto. It’s just pathetic. Otherwise I have no problem with gay people.
I know a few and they all are very nice persons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 02:24 
Third chance
Third chance

Awww but I always think gay parades look fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 05:01 
King for a day
King for a day

i dont think its helping the gay cause that much tho. people who are homophobic wont stop being homophobic at the sight of drag queens, pretty much the opposite actually. and people who arent homophobic anyway dont need to be comforted in their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 16:20 
Third chance
Third chance

No, I think you're probably right there. I think it's a fun event but I'm not sure it actually does much for the cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 19:19 
Traveller
Traveller

mylastbreath wrote:
I think it's a fun event but I'm not sure it actually does much for the cause.

any way the gay people have places to have fun, don't need to walk over the streets screaming who or how they are, they are only calling to the homophobics to come to bother them. (well sometimes happens)

Post subject: homophobia
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2006, 21:00 
Traveller
Traveller

hmm i think that i poland is a big problem to..
and i dont mean only that a lot of people are scared of gays and lesbians but that so many of us live with that typical stereotypes that typical guy like wear pink are effeminate and so on ..
i think that poeple more dont like this caricature so if we dropped it we would be closer to live without hate for homosexualists

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 00:38 
King for a day
King for a day

i think going around dressed in a really queer way is as daft as going around in a really manly macho way. i dont think its really healthy to push your sexual orientation forward and make it the main feature of your personality. thats kinda dull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 06:19 
Traveller
Traveller

well i don't know why they dress affeminated if they dosen't stop been man, or in the girls why dress like a boy, is the same think, tha's why the people see them badly and are afraid of them, they don't need to dress like that to let know who they are.

my gay friends dosen't do that that's why i feel confortable.

but as i said before any way we have to respect them, this is only the way each one of us think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 12:17 
King for a day
King for a day

i know, my homosexual friends dont get all dressed up and carried away either, and obviously not all of them, but if you do get dressed up like a queer, or a goth, or a hip hop fan or whatever else, than you shouldnt complain at getting stereotypical jokes, precisely because youre being stereotypical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 13:20 
Third chance
Third chance

tochirock wrote:
that's why the people see them badly and are afraid of them, they don't need to dress like that to let know who they are.

I think people should be able to dress how they like without being abused for it :( I don't think people dress like that to show that they are gay. People wear the clothes they feel comfortable in, it's not always to make a statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 14:48 
King for a day
King for a day

well, excuse me but if you go around with a tight pink tshirt, youre kind of making a statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 17:29 
King for a day
King for a day

Actually you're not you know. But you ARE inviting people to make judgements about you. People will always do that no matter how you look or behave, but it doesn't give them any kind of moral right to judge another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 17:56 
Traveller
Traveller

Cerebus wrote:
you ARE inviting people to make judgements about you. People will always do that no matter how you look or behave, but it doesn't give them any kind of moral right to judge another.

tha's right.

it dosen't matter if we don't judge the people for dressing like that, but others do it and sometimes in a really bad way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2006, 21:39 
Traveller
Traveller

lock the offtopic pls

Post subject: :/
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2006, 09:50 
Traveller
Traveller

ok maybe you didnt catch what i wanted to say
by this streotype from movies books etc. poeple thinks that being homosexual = being strange
at first people (all over the world ) are afraid from everything strange,
and unfortunately when you are scared of something you cannot deal with this
on the other hand i think that almost every homosexual are sick of stereotypes and he really dont want to be tread like "this funny, or nasty looking gay from Love Parade" or "effeminate boy who wear earring almost like E.J" or "lesbians .. yes i Like mowies with them" i think that is really needed to show homosexuals as "normal "people who have these same needs as us and maybe it will be easier to accept them and their private lives as the same as we accept for exemple people who lives in celibacy .