The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006, 12:29 
Traveller
Traveller

I'm work as a Network Admin(one of 5 admins) in an insurance company.
3 days ago one of our branchs that placed in a small city has reported us that "our database server has F**ked up and doesnt work anymore and our technician's gone to vacation" :o
we've shoecked of this news
after lots of thinking and searching for a good solution and trying to connect to the server(all attempthas failed)
we've decided to send somebody there(700 Kilometer far from our datacenter) to find the problem and solve it .
that city doesnt have airport :( and no plane ticket available for near by city
finally he'd gone by our company's car(in winter it takes about 8 to 10 hours to arriving there)

today he'scalled me (my partner that's gone there) and said this "Mohammad(this is my name) the technician had wanted to install a program that needs to stop MSSQL server's service and disabling net adapter but after installation he'd forgotten to restore configurations back(means starting MSSQL server's service and enabling net adapter"
my partner who have gone there just start that f**kin service and enable that f**kin net adapter
so what can i do now
we'd spent lots of times and money for a silly mistake which ********* technician had created :( :( :(

we cant kick the technicain out because he is the onlyone person who we've found to work there :cry:

Last edited by kernel on 02 Feb 2006, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006, 12:48 
King for a day
King for a day

Location: Stockholm, Viking land, watching the stars * * * * * * * * * * *
kernel wrote:
I'm work as a Network Admin(one of 5 admins) in an insurance company.
3 days ago one of our branchs that placed in a small city has reported us that "our database server has F**ked up and doesnt work anymore and our technician's gone to vacation" :o
we've shoecked of this news
after lots of thinking and searching for a good solution and trying to connect to the sever(all attempthas failed)
we've decided to send somebody there(700 Kilometer far from our datacenter) to find the problem and solve it .
that city doesnt have airport :( and no plane ticket available for near by city
finally he'd gone by our company's car(in winter it takes about 8 to 10 hours to arriving there)

today he's called me and said this "Mohammad(this is my name) the technician had wanted to install a program that needs to stop MSSQL server's service and disabling net adapter but after installation he'd forgotten to restore configurations back(means starting MSSQL server's service and enabling net adapter"
my partner who have gone there just start that f**kin service and enable that f**kin net adapter
so what can i do now
we'd spent lots of times and money for a silly mistake which ********* technician had created :( :( :(

we cant kick the technicain out because he is the onlyone person who we've found to work there :cry:

I have a suggestion:
Tell him you have an important meeting at your office he has to attend. When he has arrived (after 10 hours driving) you tell him the meeting is cancelled and that he can drive back. :tw: Maybe that will teach him a lesson :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006, 13:22 
Traveller
Traveller

Ken 1 wrote:
I have a suggestion:
Tell him you have an important meeting at your office he has to attend. When he has arrived (after 10 hours driving) you tell him the meeting is cancelled and that he can drive back. Maybe that will teach him a lesson

Good suggestion but i'm sure if he'd come here i'll put some sh*ts on his head :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006, 20:56 
King for a day
King for a day

man, i don't know how to help you, sounds like a really fucked up situation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2006, 20:59 
Traveller
Traveller

Casimiro wrote:
man, i don't know how to help you, sounds like a really fucked up situation...

Thanks guy
but today our problem's cleared
just by some clicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2006, 21:29 
Always
Always

MS-SQL? FFS!!! Just give them MySQL and along with a linux distro; they won't be able to stop the deamon even after 3000 years! :tw:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006, 07:28 
Traveller
Traveller

thefan wrote:
MS-SQL? FFS!!! Just give them MySQL and along with a linux distro; they won't be able to stop the deamon even after 3000 years! :tw:

good idea :wink:
or we can bury that server 1000 km underground :green: