forum
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Trust in Wikipedia
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 10:47 
Third chance
Third chance

Hi,

I think it is appropriate to introduce myself and explain what I am asking for. My name is Kei Long and I am a student in Psychology at the University of Twente in the Netherlands. I also work as a Teacher Assistant in Statistics 1 & 2 and Research Methodology. I teach in theorie aswell as with practica. I participated in Honors Program Twente University (2009-2010) and WorldMUN (2009) and minored in Art, Media and Technology (2009).
As you probably already know, Wikipedia is one of the most often used websites on the internet. At this moment I am doing research in trust in Wikipedia. I use Wikipedia on daily basis and therefore I think it would be interesting to do research in the perception of its users.

I ask you to help me in this research by participating in my online-questionnaire. It will take just about 10 minutes with a few questions. To participate, click on this link: http://www.teunlucassen.nl/onderzoek and it will direct you to my research.

I ask you not to read the comments in this topic before participation. I would appreciate it if you spread the link elsewhere. I need a lot of participants! Thanks a lot in advance!
Greets,
Kei Long Cheung

Post subject: Re: Trust in Wikipedia
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2010, 23:54 
Third chance
Third chance

Please participate! I really need the participants :flower:

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2010, 09:37 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Wikipedia is far from an academic site. If a person is serious about education they will avoid wikipedia altogether. I don't know many reputable historians who will disagree with me here (if any). Its a bias site that tends to rewrite history--it's too progressive to be trusted, simply stated.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 09:05 
Pathfinder (newbie)
Pathfinder (newbie)

Wikipedia is useless. Every article always gets deleted or has large portions removed, this has been going on for years but it's gotten worse and worse to the point that almost everything I look up has been deleted. I suggest About.com or Wikia.com.