The Gathering

forum
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 06:50 
Traveller
Traveller

I just noticed that the band site gathering.nl has no link that I could find pointing to this forum. The only way to get here is from the cycling colours fan site which hasn't been updated in 4 years. Maybe that's why the activity on this forum is way down from what it used to be. Or, am I missing something here?

PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 19:14 
Third chance
Third chance

I didn't realise its gone from the main page, but it has. It's a massive shame that this board isn't active anymore :(

PostPosted: 15 May 2013, 21:41 

Unfortunately I don't have the time any more to spent a lot of time on updating my Cycling Colours fansite and this forum.
But The Gathering is still my favourite band! The most recent gig I've attend was at P60-Amstelveen in January.

Besides this, nowadays a band can easily stay in contact with their fans (news, messages, discussions) via social media like Facebook. So a band forum in general isn't so impartant any more as it has been in the past.

PostPosted: 16 May 2013, 03:18 
Traveller
Traveller

I suspect that most of the discussion has drifted to Facebook. There are some people like me who do not use social media but would like to stay connected to the band and the fan base. The format of this forum has many advantages over a daily timeline view of events, because it's easy to find relevant information going back many years on whatever topic you're interested in. I've met many interesting people from this forum at shows, and that sense of community gets lost when it's just everyone in the world posting their comments on a particular status update.

The other factor contributing to the decline here is a sour note, and that is the split in the fan base since Anneke left. It seems that people are choosing which band to support, and some of the old members here have lost enough interest to stop visiting. I think the only thing that could bring more traffic here is a link in the title bar at the top and bottom of the main site, next to the links to every other section of the site. But as this is hosted by cyclingcolours.nl and not gathering.nl maybe that's not going to happen.

PostPosted: 19 May 2013, 01:15 

The band decided to remove that link because the board's activity has completely decreased the last years.

My own 2 cents is that a forum is something of the past... Nowadays fans can engage with the band on the social media and there are also groups created to bring fans together.
I used to come several times a day about 6 years ago... Now I come maybe once in 3 month...

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2013, 18:56 
Traveller
Traveller

For the past few days, the website's home page is empty. It simply says AUTO DRAFT. It's as if someone deleted the page. Is anyone fixing it?

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013, 00:02 

Cant see that and didnt do anything ;-)

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013, 02:30 
Traveller
Traveller

That's weird. I viewed it from another location and it's fine. But, on my computer it's doing this on every browser. Maybe there's some kind of weird caching going on at my ISP.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2013, 08:07 

When I use Internet Explorer (IE10; checked on pc and tablet) everything on the main page loads exept the section Listen on the left, this column stays empty (white). On other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) the part Listen is shown as it should be.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2013, 10:15 
Always
Always

RIP isohunt...

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2013, 17:22 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

I really like reading and sometimes writing here.... like having a topic for every single concert and see people post there pics and vids there some ours after its over ..... i cant do that on facebook that easy....

Well.... the Anneke Fan Forum seems to be shut down too....