The Gathering

forum
It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 13:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 15:45 
Traveller
Traveller

pretty.hate.machine wrote:
why dont they just take care of themselves tho?

Hey, I would be all for that! If this releasing songs over the internet in exchange of donations works for them, so they can release a new record on their own, awesome!
My comment was more about what has already been said in this thread: how singers like Britney Spears and Backstreet boy, etc... have huge record deals and sell millions of copies. While a band such as Anathema doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 15:57 
Always
Always

Mad Martin wrote:

beautiful! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 16:07 
King for a day
King for a day

Seems weird dunnit..? What was wrong with the last album's label exactly? And how bloody difficult is it to change? If they'd just burn a cd and put a crappy hand-written cover in it i'd donate them a tenner at least! Why can't they produce their own CDs, the fan loyalty they've assertained must mean they'd do ok, or at least do better than begging for donations on i-tunes. So what's the deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006, 17:03 
King for a day
King for a day

you dont want to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2006, 10:31 
King for a day
King for a day

I'm sure i probably don't. Still, a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 19:34 
Traveller
Traveller

Cerebus wrote:
What was wrong with the last album's label exactly?

From what I read the label closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 20:44 
Third chance
Third chance

Music For Nations were taken over by a major label, who folded the label soon after. Leaving the bands without a deal. Opeth were in the same position, as far as I remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 21:09 
Always
Always

Quote:
Metal Mind Productions will release a new ANATHEMA DVD, "A Moment in Time", on May 29.

The main part of DVD was recorded in Poland at the famous Metal Mania Festival 2006 (the biggest hard rock/metal festival in Eastern Europe). The set list included their best songs plus a cover of PINK FLOYD's "Comfortably Numb". The guest performance was done by a string quartet. Bonus material includes live video footage, video clips, and a documentary. The DVD will be available also in a limited edition with bonus audio CD.

The artwork to "A Moment In Time" DVD was created by Travis Smith, who has previously worked with SKINLAB, NEVERMORE, DEVIN TOWNSEND, RIVERSIDE and others.

"A Moment in Time" DVD track listing:

Metalmania 2006 – Live:

01. Shroud of False
02. Fragile Dreams
03. Balance
04. Closer
05. Lost Control
06. Empty
07. Natural Disaster
08. Inner Silence
09. One Last Goodbye
10. Judgement
11. Panic
12. Flying
13. Angelica
14. Comfortably Numb

+ bonus features

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 21:25 
Traveller
Traveller

Yeah I saw that too. Anyone knows if they will release that in North America? I don't mind buying PAL stuff, but if I can get NTSC DVDs right off the bat, it simplifies a lot of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 May 2006, 07:15 
Third chance
Third chance

Holy crap, that's a killer setlist! I seriously don't think it could be any better!

I'm definitely looking forward to this release :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2006, 21:55 
King for a day
King for a day

AHHHHHH! Anathema have announced on their official website that they are doing a South American tour this October! :o :o Sh*t, I need to get some money together fast.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2006, 22:49 
Third chance
Third chance

a_silent_enigma wrote:
AHHHHHH! Anathema have announced on their official website that they are doing a South American tour this October! :o :o Sh*t, I need to get some money together fast.................

And a passport, you'll need that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2006, 02:12 
Traveller
Traveller

a_silent_enigma wrote:

It's kind of surprising to me being unsigned now, they'd be touring South America. I guess they are self financing the whole deal??...or do they have a new record deal in the works yet?

I'd probably hold off a bit before planning a trip to South America...to see if anything is announced in the states. Actually, I recently heard from a couple Jaxx regulars (the club TG played in VA this past March) Anathema are "supposedly" planning a small US tour. They even have them listed at the bottom of the page for upcoming acts to be announced. http://www.jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

Jaxx usually does end up getting the bands they list as upcoming eventually, although Paradise Lost has been on that list for like a year :roll: . Anyway, Hopefully they'll be able to lure Anathema.....along with a Katatonia gig they also list as upcoming.

Apparently, Katatonia will be touring the states w/ Moonspell & Daylight Dies starting Oct. 12th
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=52413

I'm SO all over both of these gigs (well, tours...might be time for some roadtrips) :green: if it goes though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2006, 13:49 
King for a day
King for a day

drifting-into-oblivion wrote:
It's kind of surprising to me being unsigned now, they'd be touring South America. I guess they are self financing the whole deal??...or do they have a new record deal in the works yet?

touring has nothing to do with record deals. it solely depends on wether a promoter is willing to offer a good deal to a band or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2006, 14:46 
King for a day
King for a day

A month long US tour? West coast! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2006, 03:21 
Traveller
Traveller

pretty.hate.machine wrote:

touring has nothing to do with record deals. it solely depends on wether a promoter is willing to offer a good deal to a band or not.

OK, I was thinking in the lines of a record label would offer them some tour support. Fronting some of the bands expenses on the road. I don't know if that's normally the case....but I guess it wouldn't matter much anyway. I suppose the label would recoup whatever money they may spend.

Very cool this South American tour looks like it'll also have some Mexico gigs according to their site. The Mexican dates sound tempting, but I don't think I'll be able to do anymore major traveling in October. Already have a trip to the Netherlands planned near that time for TG....then there's the deal with Katatonia being in the states around then also. Will just have to keep the hope alive for some US Anathema shows. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2006, 08:45 
King for a day
King for a day

I'd probably hold off a bit before planning a trip to South America...to see if anything is announced in the states. Actually, I recently heard from a couple Jaxx regulars (the club TG played in VA this past March) Anathema are "supposedly" planning a small US tour. They even have them listed at the bottom of the page for upcoming acts to be announced. http://www.jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

Jaxx usually does end up getting the bands they list as upcoming eventually, although Paradise Lost has been on that list for like a year :roll: . Anyway, Hopefully they'll be able to lure Anathema.....along with a Katatonia gig they also list as upcoming.

That would be AWESOME! I really hope this happens.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2006, 08:48 
King for a day
King for a day

LordCliff wrote:
a_silent_enigma wrote:

And a passport, you'll need that too.

I thought they wouldn't require passports until next year? At least that's what I heard because they'll be switching over to the electronic ones. But I really should get one anyway. Damn, why do they have to be so expensive? Grrrr. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2006, 14:27 
Always
Always

Xm...

Although I am a Anathema fan (aris the anathematistis), I don't like Everything... NO way... Very slow and boring...

Generally, I don't like the last two Anathema albums, not so much as the others... They are very good, I can't say, but these are NOT the Anathema we like

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2006, 19:02 
Always
Always

aris13888 wrote:
Although I am a Anathema fan (aris the anathematistis) :o , I don't like the last two Anathema albums.They are very good, I can't say :o , but these are NOT the Anathema we like

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next