The Gathering

forum
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 12:59 
Always
Always

Also

múm (pronounced [muːm], "moom") are an experimental Icelandic musical group whose music is characterized by soft vocals, electronic glitch beats and effects, and a variety of traditional and unconventional instruments.

Discography
Yesterday Was Dramatic – Today Is OK (TMT, 2000; reissue Morr Music, 2005)
Finally We Are No One (Fat Cat Records, 2002)
Loksins erum við engin (Smekkleysa Records, 2002) — the Icelandic version of "Finally We Are No One"
Summer Make Good (Fat Cat Records, 2004)
Go Go Smear the Poison Ivy (Fat Cat Records, 2007)
Sing Along to Songs You Don't Know (Morr Music, 2009)

Haven't heard the new one yet but i like the others very much!

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 15:11 
Traveller
Traveller

I would recommend checking this group if you like music with a more experimental nature. There's a variety of styles on the group radio station such as lo-fi, noise, black metal, world music and darkwave among others. I've been a member for a few months and in that time I've discovered more than 200 artists. They also have a blog that's updated pretty frequently (about a post/day). Check that out too. Quality group.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 03:54 
Traveller
Traveller

http://www.last.fm/music/Ozric+Tentacles

A very psychedelic kind of progressive rock band that's influenced by dub, jazz, trance and funk with some thumping bass lines. Its also got some middle eastern vibes. But where most progressive rock fails, this band succeeds time and time again. Not too cheesy and not too serious, yet not meant to be taken lightly either. I recommend starting with Pungent Effulgent

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 06:19 
Always
Always

Ozric is a GREAT band!!!

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 07:07 
Traveller
Traveller

Dutch wrote:
Ozric is a GREAT band!!!

:) Glad to see some people here know about them. I've known them for about a year now.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:17 
Always
Always

There arent many bands that play almost every year here in Greece and Ozric are one of those.
Though, i saw them only once in 2004

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:43 
Always
Always

A good band which I was discovered by Sophie some years ago ^

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:49 
Always
Always

when i'll get back home i will dig their discography.
Let's do the same joke like the one we did with cranes :P

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 09:59 
Always
Always

Ahahah... ^

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009, 16:08 
Traveller
Traveller

Dutch wrote:
when i'll get back home i will dig their discography.
Let's do the same joke like the one we did with cranes :P

hahaha

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 22:23 
King for a day
King for a day

I'd like to recommend Florence and the Machine today. I await criticism. :wink:

But before you criticise, go and listen.

As one reviewer in Scotland put it, on the evening of the US presidential election:

Quote:
Tonight will – eventually – mark a truly momentous tectonic-shift of social and political plates. Tonight, America will make us all proud and elect a president capable of coherent, joined-up thought. But right now, we don’t know any of that. Right now, we’re just nauseous with dread about what might happen in six hours’ time. And we desperately need to think about something that isn’t the fate of the western world. So thank God for Florence Welch, a girl who comes from another one entirely.

Sure, the stage – littered with garlands of brightly-coloured flowers – might look like it’s been set for Kate Nash’s sixth birthday party, but once Welch bounds on in a blue-sequinned leotard and opens her mouth, it’s clear we’re in the presence of a true freak, a beautiful oddity, an indisputable other.

Take the mean-spirited mutilation-blues of ‘The Girl With One Eye’ – matter-of-factly introduced in an impossibly innocent-coy, pre-pubescent voice as “a song about cutting a girl’s eye out”. It could almost soundtrack a Diet Coke ad were it not so ludicrously, wonderfully grisly. Or the sugary, Smiths-y deception of ‘Birdsong’, which starts out like a nursery rhyme and ends with Florence coming close to hyperventilation as she rants about how she grabbed the titular avian gossip and “Held him down, broke his neck, taught him a lesson he wouldn’t forget”. We’re a long, long way from “fittah” and “bittah”. Then there’s the voice; capable of Kate Bush-esque hysterics or throaty, Patti Smith-style drawls. Like Grace Jones, she treads the line between utterly entrancing and genuinely terrifying.

Amid all this, Florence sips tea and prances around daintily like she’s in her bedroom and nobody’s watching. It all makes for a joyous, endearing and thoroughly odd sight to behold. And hey, wouldn’t you know it, Obama won out in the end. But for 30 weird and wonderful minutes, we almost didn’t care.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2009, 13:42 
Always
Always

www.myspace.com/theofficiallastdrive
www.myspace.com/sugahspankmusic
www.myspace.com/theearthboundband
www.myspace.com/theyourhandinmine

Check here and if you like and need some help send a pm

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2009, 10:22 
Traveller
Traveller

My buddy in Mexico's got some stuff I'd recommend but I don't know how many people here are into this kind of thing. If you can appreciate technicality and dissonance, you'll like this. Central Nervous Systematic Destruction

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2009, 19:57 
Always
Always

White Denim

brilliant, furious garage rock!!! wow! the new album Fits f_cks.
nice vocals, mega drum breaks, cool guitars riffs, awesome basslines, White builds some great music architecture. Also influenced by 70s music and jazz, Fits is surely one of the best rock albums in 2009!
complex, never boring, rollercoasting, acid and tortuous, these musicians rule and reach excellence to me. Worth going to their gigs once!!

http://www.myspace.com/whitedenimmusic

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2009, 16:59 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

Regardless of me

http://www.myspace.com/regardlessofme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE-v2YaZMZM

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2009, 19:51 
Traveller
Traveller

DJ QBert
The cliche police will probably arrest me after this one but seriously, anybody with an open mind should check this guy out, especially the album Wave Twisters.

Here are a few clips:

Cosmic Assassins
Razorblade Alcohol Slide
Inner Space Dental Commander
Some beat juggling

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 12:31 
Always
Always

The Warlocks

One of my favourite rock bands. They reminds of old stuffs thanks to their sound and influences.. Mid 70’s influenced à la The Black Angels, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, their music is catchy: garage, psychedelic, soundscaped, insane, gloomy, goth. post rocky… After such good releases as "Phoenix" and "Heavy Deavy Skull Lover" , their highest peak to me is "Surgery" album. Comes next The Mirror Explodes which is closed to Surgery atmosphere but not as good...
If you're convinced old sounds rule and if you enjoy spontaneous music without trick, try The Warlocks. you won't regret it. can listen to them all day long.. Want more!

http://www.myspace.com/thewarlocks

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2009, 13:36 
Always
Always

Képzelt Város

Nice post rock with vocals from Hungary. So I know: there are thousands and thousands post rock bands which annoy you but this one has a something original. I gave a break with post rock music too. today i can say Képzelt Város is really gorgeous. The structures and arrangements are astonishing and fine. the songs are unpredictable. Nothing to to with the standard combination"quite-noisy quite noisy". Listening to hungarian lyrics makes a big difference too. those who still think post rock is only instrumental thing like mogwai or GY!BE dunno what they miss. No need to waste my time with them. lol
I have the chance to listen to Mit Nekem 2009 whole release and to me it is a great one.

If you like APSE, Lis Er Stille, The Workhouse and other ones, you may like Képzelt Város. they have no connection at all between them except the fact they are tagged as post rock bands.

http://www.myspace.com/kepzeltvaros

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 09:18 
Traveller
Traveller

who likes sound of 70' i recommend beardfish and anekdoten .... and riverside, lunatic soul and indukti (for Tool fans)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 20:23 
Always
Always

Piano Magic,great band,some them live yesterday

And if you have some financial difficulties and you cant support the band yet,write piano magic sirenssound in the google and you have it all :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next