The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 09:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 07:41 
King for a day
King for a day

I've seen Pink Floyd 4 times but those were all after Roger Waters left.
They pretty much left me speechless after each performance.
I have the Roger Waters DVD, and I thought it was decent but not a very energetic performance. So I didn't have high expectations for the show last night. It ended up being one of the best shows I've ever seen. Roger Waters was amazing. The set list was perfect. The stage show was incredible. Anyone that likes Floyd at all should NOT miss this tour! Played mostly Floyd songs in ther first half. I think he played 2 or 3 solo songs. They were also great. After a 15 minute break it was time for Darkside Of The Moon. It was like I was at my first concert when I was 15, that feeling from this show. It was one that doesn't come along too often.

I wish everyone that enjoys music at all could get a chance to see this tour. Even if you are not a fan. It was fantastic!

Set list

Setlist:
FIRST ACT
"In the Flesh"
"Mother"
"Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun"
"Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)"
"Have a Cigar"
"Wish You Were Here"
"Southampton Dock"
"The Fletcher Memorial Home"
"Perfect Sense (Parts 1 and 2)"
"Leaving Beirut"
"Sheep"

SECOND ACT: "The Dark Side of the Moon"
"Speak to Me"
"Breathe"
"On the Run"
"Time"
"Breathe (Reprise)"
"The Great Gig in the Sky"
"Money"
"Us and Them"
"Any Colour You Like"
"Brain Damage"
"Eclipse"

ENCORE
"The Happiest Days of Our Lives"
"Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)"
"Vera"
"Bring the Boys Back Home"
"Comfortably Numb"

Last edited by BridgeToClarity on 20 Jun 2007, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 08:32 
Always
Always

Lucky! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 21:45 

Congrats Phil!

This was the setlist of the European tour that also passed from Greece last summer. Let me share some of my experiences of this show:

I feel very lucky and privileged to have seen this mind-blowing, breath-taking and LIVE performance. Loved the comic bubbles in Leaving Beirut, listened with awe to the multi-channel surround sound of On The Run (maybe my greatest aural experience in a live show), screamed for a revolution along with every single voice of the all-ages crowd in Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 and felt the warmth of the giant flames in Comfortably Numb. What an Experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 21:53 
King for a day
King for a day

Rough_Silk wrote:
Congrats Phil!

This was the setlist of the European tour that also passed from Greece last summer. Let me share some of my experiences of this show:

I feel very lucky and privileged to have seen this mind-blowing, breath-taking and LIVE performance. Loved the comic bubbles in Leaving Beirut, listened with awe to the multi-channel surround sound of On The Run (maybe my greatest aural experience in a live show), screamed for a revolution along with every single voice of the all-ages crowd in Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 and felt the warmth of the giant flames in Comfortably Numb. What an Experience!

Yeh, I feel lucky to have seen this tour! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 00:44 

Ive seen Waters twice and the last one was definetely the best, the whole atmosphere that is created when he is into the whole Dark Side of the Moon is just beautiful, i came out of the concert walking on clouds

*and also hating David Gilmour for not coming to Mexico City

Happy you made it Phil :flower:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 12:18 
Always
Always

I missed the concert i wouldn't miss for any other reason... :evil:

F**king military services.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 14:06 
Traveller
Traveller

I also saw him this April. He was absolutely amazing- the atmosphere was very friendly and the sound was the best I've ever heard. I could have listened to the CN solo in the end for forever. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 17:42 
King for a day
King for a day

Well, as some ppl knows, along with TG, Pink Floyd is my all time fave band.

I never saw floyd live :cry: :cry: and i must admit i wasnt really excited when Waters played in Mex City in march (I even missed him the first time he played here) but i have to say it was one of the greatest shows ive ever seen.

Finally listen to Shine on you, Set the controls for the heart of the sun, sheep and others live was a BIG shock... and the whole interpretation of DSOTM... pfffffffff

And i agree with Fari... i dunno why Gilmour (The greatest guitar player EVER) havent played here :cry:

-->Gerardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2007, 22:29 
Always
Always

Well, the other Dave (Dave Kilminster) interpreted mostly 100% the solo work of David Gilour - and he has still some hair left :green:

Really, that concert was one of my most unforgettable concerts too. Listening to the songs I'm in love since more than 20 years... Jesus Christ. It was something incredible.

I only missed Hey You from my favourites - but we got Mother instead for second song, first teardrops appeared. I was standing with some musician friends who also got all the lil parts of the music, it was so funny that everyone was doing the same air-instruments at several moments with such a joy on our face - incredible.
And that singing girls... Goddamn, that black chick singed everything tune by tune in Great Gig in the Sky but heated with the warm heart of a whole African village, putting it in such a high level...

Yeah. For Comfortably Numb there are no words. Best song ever.

I just wonder how the hell is this guy able to this. I mean, Roger is 63 (as I know) and travelled around the world, having 2.5 hours sets almost in every 2 days... Respect. I want to be stg like this in this age (including the ten tousands of fans night by night he-he)

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 03:07 
Third chance
Third chance

It was a great concert, to be sure. And I agree on the sound, it was probably the best I've ever heard too. My fave moments were Wish You Were Here (I know, I'm so unique :P), Sheep, Time, Us and Them, and Vera.

As for why, oh why, Mr. David Gilmour has never seen fit to play in Mexico, I don't know... but the Comfortably Numb solo just isn't the same if he's not playing it. :(

NP: Anathema - Re-connect

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 03:51 
King for a day
King for a day

The_Big_Sleep...er wrote:
It was a great concert, to be sure. And I agree on the sound, it was probably the best I've ever heard too. My fave moments were Wish You Were Here (I know, I'm so unique :P), Sheep, Time, Us and Them, and Vera.

As for why, oh why, Mr. David Gilmour has never seen fit to play in Mexico, I don't know... but the Comfortably Numb solo just isn't the same if he's not playing it. :(

NP: Anathema - Re-connect

Yeh, the times I saw Pink Floyd the sound was perfect, also.

I agree about CN, too. I love Gilmour!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 10:35 
King for a day
King for a day

BridgeToClarity wrote:
I love Gilmour!

Its quite simple: David Gilmour is god :wink:

-->Gerardo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 17:37 
Always
Always

Not the most polite and emotional guy though (speaking about Gilmour)

I remember some interwiew:

"Will Pink Floyd come once again together?"
DG: "Who gives a f*k?"

:-|

Anyway, he is the reason why I can't really be impressed by any superfaaast dragon-hunter guitar heroe. He showed me how to put everything in his solos without any prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr technic.
Respect.

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 18:23 
Third chance
Third chance

hahahaha yeah, he's a bit blunt when it comes to Pink Floyd/Roger Waters but I think it has to do with all the years he's had to answer the same questions.

As for the "superfast dragon-hunter guitar heroes" (hehe, to think I used to like Rhapsody :oops: ), I couldn't agree more. I don't have a problem with "fast" solos per se, but speed for the sake of speed (hey, look at me and my incredible dexterity!) with no feeling, bores me. David Gilmour plays with both technique AND feeling :)

NP: The Gathering - Analog Park

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 20:32 
Always
Always

That's why I like Anathema so much - that Danny guy makes precisely what I fell in love with David Gilmour. I heard him several times playing Comfortably Numb and I think he wants to interpret stg on the same way.

Moreover, Anathema for me has the same emotional content as Pink Floyd (my very first musical favourite - started to listen to it at the age of 4 or 5 I think :wink: ) and smoe Dutch band (okey, not the same cup of tea but anyway...you can hear they like PF)

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2007, 19:35 
Second sunrise
Second sunrise

When I spoke to Vincent Cavanagh after the acoustic show in Sibiu he told me that his brother is a much better guitar player than David Gilmour :D Then he said that their version of Comfortably Numb is better than the original...I think he had a few drinks with Duncan Patterson before this, but still, this is too much :tw: I laughed my ass off right in front of him :D