The Gathering

forum
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2008, 19:20 

Many great gigs last year:

The Gathering in Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Czech Republic & Finland JUST AWESOME, the setlist they had for the ANS tour was incredible, even though i think the band was not bonded anymore, and that was a little bit sad to see on stage, anyhow the sound was great and i enjoyed every minute of them all, my highlights are the second Buenos Aires night and the last gig in Ankkarock, special vibes, the kind that you hardly forget EVER.

Roger Waters playing the Dark Side of the Moon, an absolutely perfect concert, i finally got to listen to "Set the controls for the heart of the sun" which has been a personal favourite for so many years, the whole concert was very nice, the screens, the pigs, the musicians involved, a must see.

Lisa Gerrard, since i never had the chance to see her before i have no memories from her to compare to, but the show was incredibly good, she has a very beautiful powerful voice that just give you the goosebumps no matter what she is singing, im in love with her, i would deffo see her again, she creates some sort of spell to the audience, and is like the whole world doesnt even exist outside of the venue. *sighs*

Katafuckin'tonia twice in a row, after aaaaaaaall those years, just magnificent, Jonas's voice totally blew me away since the first word on the mic, listening to songs i have so many times cried and screamed to was amazing. The crowd was inmensely happy to, not only myself, everyone singing, a great atmosphere and think i found some peace after it.

My Dying Bride, 45 little minutes :( even tho i saw them at a festival and the set was awfully short i enjoyed very much seeing Aaron for the first time after so many years, (same case than with katatonia, but not emotional), Catherine Blake was gorgeous, that was the whole trip to fuckin Hildesheim worth it ;) i really need to see them again, and this time with a full set.

Nine Inch Nails, saw them for the second time at Ankkarock, not too short set, mainly played songs from Year Zero, and of course some of the classics. I am under the tricks of Mr.Trent Reznor, once he's on stage i can barely take my eyes off of him, a phantastic presence and voice, i was really happy to see this band live again, my first time was in 2005 here in Mexico City and im so hoping they come this year again :)

Tool, at the same festival of My Dying Bride, 1.30 hrs of set which was pretty okay but not enough, i was already a fan before seeing them live, i just didnt think they were so good on stage, pure energy, oh boy was that good, incredible, no other words describe it. I felt like i had tried some drugs before the show, i was just into it, jumping and headbanging the whole time, gotta see them again too.

Porcupine Tree, also finally, they are incredible live, that is something we all agree with i think, they were not in my top list, i have always thought Steven Wilson is an amazing composer but since the concert im even more addicted, of course they played the gorgeous new CD, although i really missed Arriving Somewhere, that was not cool :( very good sound, great musicians.

Sooooo, 2007 was amazing concertwise for me, this year i hope to finafuckingly see Pelican, Neurosis, Isis, A Silver Mt. Zion, Tori Amos and who knows? maybe even some Anathema again. Cheers :)

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 16:32 
Third chance
Third chance

2007 was mostly around TG, as if I felt something was in the air (no pun intended).
I cherish the gigs from Paradiso, 013, P60 the most and the last two in Czech & Finland.

Doing a favour to someone very special to me, I saw Gwen Stefani at front row. This was the best surprise!There were some chilling moments like Gwen climbing over the balcony and singing her way through the crowd towards the back of the venue, sometimes balancing from a very narrow position but still in key... :o Definitely risky business !!
She also understands the light-heartedness behind her music unlike mostly other r&b connected artists. Fantasy is the key word; I don't need to see dancing around a post or a pink couch if ya kno what I mean... :roll:

biggest disappointment Front242; dead and boring

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2008, 18:32 
King for a day
King for a day

Of course been a several TG shows this year was great. I specially enjoyed those in Mex City, Seattle and Finland.

But I think the greatest show of the year was Roger Waters. I think in the fifth song I already lost my voice (Blame Shine on you).

Finally seen Emperor was also great. One of my all time fave bands. It was great to see TG and Emperor in less than a week.
Also, i was greatly surprised by the energy from the crowd in Los Angeles for this show.

Damn, many, many shows last year. Laurie Anderson was amazing.

Celtic Frost, Ute Lemper, Eric Singer Project, a couple of jazz festivals (Ravi Coltrane was really good too), Sodom, Amon Amarth... Wacken of course (Getting drunk in 15 min with belgian beer was fun).

This year seems its gonna be as good as last one... Maiden, Ozzy and Purple will play here really soon. Also a really nice festival with Nargaroth, Carpatian forest, Vader and destruction.

Also Im doing my best to go to Coachella (Kraftwerk and Portishead!!) and Wacken (... Wacken!!!).

And will I finally see Sigur Rós and Einsturzende Neubauten live this year? Lets cross fingers

-->Gerardo

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2008, 18:44 

I thought emperor had stopped...

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2008, 18:53 
King for a day
King for a day

they stopped for about 5 years, but they came back at Wacken 2006. Since then, they have only played a few selected shows.

It was really nice to go to that show in los angeles and find that I'm not the only retarded with an Emperor tatoo :D

-->Gerardo

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2008, 02:28 

:lol: what do you have the "E"?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 16:09 
King for a day
King for a day

Better late than never :green:
This year started a bit busy on my job, so I had to stay away from forums and other necessary sites to be happy, hehe.

In 2007 the concerts I attended:

The Gathering in Mexico, Buenos Aires, Santiago and Finland. Beautiful memories, moments so special that I will remember forever.

Muse! They roooooooock!! The gig was very cool, and their performance was so intense that I hope they come back soon with the new album.

Lisa Gerrard. This woman is incredible. Faridee and me were totally hypnotized by her very presence on stage. Unbelievable show, one of the most beautiful I have been to.

Explosions in the Sky. Very emotional band. I enjoyed that gig a lot, but the venue was not very nice, and supporting bands weren't too, hoho.

Porcupine Tree. Magnificent band! I loved this concert... and we were so close from Steven, haha!

Katatonia. I never thought I had the chance to see them here, so we went to both concerts. They have a very special energy on stage, and Jonas is just so passionated... wow!!

Kronos Quartet. Another beautiful show. They are the masters of strings, and the venue had absolutely perfect acoustic. Outstanding performance.

This year I'm looking forward to see Sigur Rós in June and Denali on July (wooooooo!!!). I hope Anathema returns this year, and I'm really curious to see Agua de Annique in Mexico. It would be great to see them along with Pale Forest.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2008, 16:46 
Always
Always

wow Kronos Quartet! nice.

saw Magyar Posse (very first time) and ASMZ again lately... very happy!
We're in April but 2008 is already great (well, not over... hope so since I don't have much time too)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2008, 17:19 
Traveller
Traveller

The greatest show for me was the "20 YEARS NUCLEAR BLAST FESTIVAL" in Bulgaria, Sofia 03.11.2007. Fantastic show. AMORPHIS, EDGUY, BENEDICTION <the best for me, that day :) AGATHODAIMON, THE REVENGE PROJECT(BG band) and OVERDAWN(BG band).