The Gathering

forum
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:55

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 04:01 
Traveller
Traveller

Ihsahn - After
Free jazz working well in prog-black metal, who'da thunk it?
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
really wanted Frizzle Fry but they didn't have it used and I was on a budget. meh.

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 15:35 

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 17:05 
Traveller
Traveller

@Faridee, Haha, only missed that one in this list ;)

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 22:14 
Traveller
Traveller

Faridee wrote:

:o

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 23:34 
King for a day
King for a day

Very nice album, reminds me little bit of Yes.

PostPosted: 08 May 2010, 09:45 
Traveller
Traveller

@rmf919: Why that smiley?

@musicman: Interesting comparison... :P I only know Owner Of A Lonely Heart by Yes, and it very, very, VERY remotely reminds me of Anathema... :P I do think it sounds like The West Pole, but a little bit more rock. :) All in all, it's really probably the best album I heard since Tiamat's Wildhoney, around a year ago... :)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2010, 09:41 
Always
Always

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize DVD / Blue-Ray (there was just this version in the shop - wish I had a BR player :lol: )
Anyway. Gonna be great to see this show. Again. :wink:

Tesam evanukampartham
Aham ajnana-jam tamah
nasayamy atma-bhava-stho
jnana-dipena bhasvata

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 19:46 
Always
Always

gloups

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 16:02 

:green: :green: :green: :green:

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 09:05 
Traveller
Traveller

Faridee wrote:

Tears laid in Earth! My god, that's a wonderful album! I thought they were so unknown that I was the only one who listened The 3rd and the mortal, besides Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish... :P

(Just put it on once again, still like them. They are very, very good! Only disadvantage is that they are split-up for a very long time already...)

(And, since it is in your list of most recent musical purchases, where did you buy that one? Is that one still for sale?)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 10:55 
Always
Always

Faridee wrote:

ahahaha..

+ Pearl Jam Philapdelphia Spectrum Bootlegs box...

ça fait du bien!!!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 15:48 

Saturtijn wrote:
Tears laid in Earth! My god, that's a wonderful album! I thought they were so unknown that I was the only one who listened The 3rd and the mortal, besides Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish... :P

(Just put it on once again, still like them. They are very, very good! Only disadvantage is that they are split-up for a very long time already...)

(And, since it is in your list of most recent musical purchases, where did you buy that one? Is that one still for sale?)

Hello Saturtijn, well... actually T3&M are one of my top bands ever hahaha, so I listen to them quite frequently sometimes obssesively hahaha, but let's go back to the point.

I bought the MC on ebay (my best friend in the world) you can find lots of stuff from them, mostly the original recordings on CD released by Voices of Wonder, but there are also some tapes around, I just felt I needed that tape, you know, we collectors are crazy :D (cc: hoang) hehehe...

Actually I got the vinyl of that album on ebay too, the day i received the package was one of the best days of my life :)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 19:22 
Traveller
Traveller

Faridee wrote:
Hello Saturtijn, well... actually T3&M are one of my top bands ever hahaha, so I listen to them quite frequently sometimes obssesively hahaha, but let's go back to the point.

I bought the MC on ebay (my best friend in the world) you can find lots of stuff from them, mostly the original recordings on CD released by Voices of Wonder, but there are also some tapes around, I just felt I needed that tape, you know, we collectors are crazy :D (cc: hoang) hehehe...

Actually I got the vinyl of that album on ebay too, the day i received the package was one of the best days of my life :)

That's awesome! They are close to be the most unknown band in the world or something, and one of the least mainstream bands ever... :)

Hahaha, then you may indeed be a fanatic collector... :P But then you really live for the music as well, when one of the best days of your life was when you got that vinyl? :)

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 20:30 
Third chance
Third chance

Saturtijn wrote:
Tears laid in Earth! My god, that's a wonderful album!

It's indeed a great album, though nowadays I mostly listen to "Project Bluebook" or "Memoirs".

Quote:
I thought they were so unknown that I was the only one who listened The 3rd and the mortal, besides Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish... :P

Considering that the latter stated in different interviews that "Tears Laid In Earth" was the reason why he started Nightwish, it's somewhat strange that not many people seem to know this band.

Quote:
Only disadvantage is that they are split-up for a very long time already...

Though I can't remember that they ever officially announced a split-up. And their website - mortal.info - is still online, but hasn't been updated since October 2004.

Quote:
Is that one still for sale?

All their albums are still available at cdon.com, just check here:
http://cdon.eu/music/third_and_the_mortal/

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 22:39 
Always
Always

Faridee wrote:
we collectors are crazy :D (cc: hoang) hehehe...

yeah "crazy". that's an image we give to other people. Whatever their free judgement and comments (real friends don't judge) , even their jealousy, I assume being a music collector but a music fashion victim too lol. Its great!
However, i don't live for music as i can't live without it too. Through time I understood more that Music was living for me, like a precious presence or a friend in a way.
More passionnated than obsessed, actually Music is more an opportunity to enjoy this life better.
My music I listen doesn't make me feel different from other people, it only makes me know more who I am. If people don't understand this, nevermind I don't care too.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 09:17 
Traveller
Traveller

Burkhard wrote:
Considering that the latter stated in different interviews that "Tears Laid In Earth" was the reason why he started Nightwish, it's somewhat strange that not many people seem to know this band.

Though I can't remember that they ever officially announced a split-up. And their website - mortal.info - is still online, but hasn't been updated since October 2004.

That surprises me as well. I believe there were three albums that majorly influenced him to make the first album:
- Ulver: Kveldssanger (very unknown as well, but I don't consider that album as great as T3&M)
- The 3rd and the mortal: Tears laid in earth
- The Gathering: Mandylion

And indeed, mix that three albums together, and you get Angels Fall First... :)

Only Mandylion is quite known, but only as the groundbreaking album of female-fronted metal. Considering that people who listen that music are quite rare, they aren't really known either. And Ulver and T3&M are just really unknown, as far as I know... It's a shame, especially with T3&M...

And I would say they might not officially been split-up, but when your last album goes back to 2001, and your site hasn't been updated since October 2004, I think you can safely say that they might not officially been split-up, but in fact they are. Or something like that...

(By the way, Kari Rueslatten sings in some hardstyle projects as well, or so I read on Wikipedia, isn't it? Interesting career move for a singer like her... :) And she's also gone solo?)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 09:46 
Always
Always

oléééééééé!!!!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 12:07 
Always
Always

hoang wrote:
Pearl Jam Philadelphia Spectrum Bootlegs box...

ça fait du bien!!!

I can't believe I received it already!!! only two days waiting....

10 C rocks!!!!!!!! \m/

youhouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 16:14 

Hate you very much :P

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2010, 20:37 
Third chance
Third chance

Saturtijn wrote:
T3&M are just really unknown, as far as I know... It's a shame, especially with T3&M...

One of the reasons why they didn't get bigger might be that they were simply ahead of their time and when bands like Theatre of Tragedy gained some attention, The Third And The Mortal had already moved in a different musical direction. They are one of those bands who are/were more progressive than most so-called progressive rock/metal bands.

Quote:
And I would say they might not officially been split-up, but when your last album goes back to 2001, and your site hasn't been updated since October 2004, I think you can safely say that they might not officially been split-up, but in fact they are.

Just like ABBA who, as far as I know, also never officially announced a split-up. By the way, the last The Third And The Mortal album "Project Bluebook" goes back to 2004. It contains two new songs recorded in 2003, an instrumental improvisation from 1998 and four live songs from their German tour 2002 (where I also saw them live). I really like how the live versions differ from the original studio versions.

Quote:
(By the way, Kari Rueslatten sings in some hardstyle projects as well, or so I read on Wikipedia, isn't it? Interesting career move for a singer like her... :) And she's also gone solo?)

What "hardstyle projects" do you mean? As regards her solo stuff, I really enjoyed the "1995 Demo Recordings"-CD as well as her official debut "Spindelsinn" (because of the folk influences and the Norwegian lyrics), but was deeply disappointed by "Mesmerized". I bought "Pilot", but wasn't too impressed and didn't care about what came afterwards.

np: The Third And The Mortal - "Simple Mind"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next